Today I got to know how to apply magical artifice to regenerate thulecite and gems from thin air (mostly).

Just so we are all on the same page:

The green amulet halves the resource cost for crafting (rounding up)

The green staff returns the full crafting resources of the structure or item it's used on (hammer only returns half)

Should it not be obvious already, you can craft something with a green amulet and then deconstruct it to gain more resources than you used!

Furthermore, since the amulet and staff have five uses each, you can actually use them on each other to duplicate the resources needed to make them. Thus, you can (theoretically) use both indefinitely. EDIT: Well, there's a catch. Gems are lost when deconstructing. Good luck fighting dragonfly! It should be easier if you do the following.

Using that technique on other items, say thulecite suit, allows you to create them indefinitely too! In fact, anything that uses more than one item of each kind in its recipe is renewable this way. Sadly that excludes the eye turret, which is still invaluable.

This information was brought to you by Mobbstar and [REDACTED]. It was Walpole. Well, more like XirmiX.

From now on, everytime you do this you owe me five pounds. I totally have patented this method of using something that is already patented. Disclaimer: I did not, you don't owe me money.

EDIT: Blame [REDACTED] for talking BS.

Mobbstar &co Industries are not responsible for loss of gems or nightmare fuel due to pressure, impact, shadow hands, misuse of magic utensils or explicit code exceptions. Mobbstar &co Industries does not guarantee success in the above concept of almost-cheating.

I thought gems shattered when deconstructed?

Mobbstar &co Industries are not responsible for loss of gems or nightmare fuel due to pressure, impact, shadow hands, misuse of magic utensils or explicit code exceptions. Mobbstar &co Industries does not guarantee success in the above concept of almost-cheating.

Nice disclaimer, I hadn't noticed that.

I had to go back re-read what IPSquiggle said about it after thinking about the gems.  I'd forgotten that green gems drop from the Dragonfly now that she's been adapted for DST.  (which handily makes my concern for gem reclamation entirely unnecessary)

So, yeah, "TREASURE!!!!!"

{edit because I'm a moron who can't even successfully quote a post in a forum....  *sheesh*}

I thought this was a well-known strat. I mean, it's been on the wiki for years, and it's just using the intended, vanilla functionality of green gems. But hey, no harm in highlighting cool features such as this. 

Archived