Tree Guard - can I run from it?

Hello. I was chopping tree and after it tree guard have respawned. Unfortunately, he've respawned just few seconds before night. I cannot kill him(I don't know how). My question is: Can I run from it? Will it follow me? Please, help me as fast as possible!!!

PS: Sorry for my bad English. Unfortunately, it's not my 1st language.

Hello. I was chopping tree and after it tree guard have respawned. Unfortunately, he've respawned just few seconds before night. I cannot kill him(I don't know how). My question is: Can I run from it? Will it follow me? Please, help me as fast as possible!!!

PS: Sorry for my bad English. Unfortunately, it's not my 1st language.

Of course you can!

but it'll find you before dawn...

Okay, seriously though, the treeguard is a fairly low level threat, and can be used to your advantage VERY easily.

Killing him can take quite a bit of effort if you aren't careful; I usually prefer to either plant pine cones near him so that he goes dormant again( he'll stay at that spot until he is killed, and will reawaken if you chop trees nearby). OR, get another mob to aggro him. He's got a short memory so if he turns to engage something else, say a pig, or bees, or hounds, he'll forget all about you, and just keep wandering after he's finished with the distraction.

Having a neutral treeguard active on your map can be very beneficial, in that when the hounds come, run towards the tree guard and they hounds will start attacking him too, and he'll kill the hounds very quickly for you.

I actually had three treeguards - two huge ones and one little one - spawn in the space of a single in-game day, so you better believe I found out if you can run from them or not. You can lead them onto pigs or tallbirds, whom will both attack a treeguard, and as the above poster explained, once they finish beating the hell out of the new threat they'll become neutral towards you.

Now I ended up killing the two big treeguards after a couple of days because they'd decided to loiter around a nearby pig village and they were interfering with my recruitment drives, shall we say, but the little baby one was actually a fine neighbor to me and I even gave him a name. I lead him onto a tallbird and he hung around the nest killing it every time it respawned, meaning that I had fresh meat all the time. He was Treeguard Francis, the best neighbor ever.

Posted Image

Unfortunately after a while he did wander a bit too close to my base and I couldn't really justify the risk. It's a bit like the saying, "A fed bear is a dead bear", except he was Treeguard Francis, and he went down pretty easily after having been repeatedly mauled by tallbirds for so long. I felt bad about it. ._.

Oh well. I'm sorry, Treeguard Francis. It was for your own good. ;__;

I've had two treeguards wandering near my camp that didn't seem to mind my presence at all. I've found that if you get a pigman to attack it, the treeguard will usually forget about the player and no longer be hostile (unless you chop another tree down in its vicinity, of course).

I actually had three treeguards - two huge ones and one little one - spawn in the space of a single in-game day, so you better believe I found out if you can run from them or not. You can lead them onto pigs or tallbirds, whom will both attack a treeguard, and as the above poster explained, once they finish beating the hell out of the new threat they'll become neutral towards you.

Now I ended up killing the two big treeguards after a couple of days because they'd decided to loiter around a nearby pig village and they were interfering with my recruitment drives, shall we say, but the little baby one was actually a fine neighbor to me and I even gave him a name. I lead him onto a tallbird and he hung around the nest killing it every time it respawned, meaning that I had fresh meat all the time. He was Treeguard Francis, the best neighbor ever.

Posted Image

Unfortunately after a while he did wander a bit too close to my base and I couldn't really justify the risk. It's a bit like the saying, "A fed bear is a dead bear", except he was Treeguard Francis, and he went down pretty easily after having been repeatedly mauled by tallbirds for so long. I felt bad about it. ._.

Oh well. I'm sorry, Treeguard Francis. It was for your own good. ;__;

It's just so, so, ten characters, SAD!

It takes a lot of hits to kill them, and fire works but can be just as dangerous to you if you're not playing Willow. They are kinda cool once they start wandering around by themselves, or if you put them back to sleep with pine cones but... don't forget where they are cause they'll get ticked again if they see you chopping up their relatives for firewood.

If you want to decrease your chances of fighting a treeguard, live in a savanna biome and use manure from beefalo for your fire (it lasts the same time as wood). This will save you having to chop down ALOT of trees.

To add to this, use firepits too, that way, you can eliminate the need for wood for fires at least, because you can just dump a poop into the pit to light it. Though granted, a piece of rope appears to be the far most efficient fuel for fire. A single rope with go all the way from the beginning of dusk, to about midday the following day.