Some annoying, some that could be useful and some that are buggy things.

Jump through a wormhole, Chester will teleport to you no matter where he is. I fail to see the issue with his speed with this knowledge. 

No, he don't.

It is actually true. Try with a Cane on a road and lose Chester.

When you lose him, he will stuck where ever he lost finding you. So now you have actually to find him before he can follow you.

Relax and keep it polite please.

FYI. The rain in caves isnt rain. Its water dripping from the cave cealing.

Water doesn't drip so heavily down the caves irl though. For it to make sense it needs to drip and not pour.

Water doesn't drip so heavily down the caves irl though. For it to make sense it needs to drip and not pour.

What about hollow areas of the caves where seasonal effect effect (example: Summer Heat or Winter Cold comes in a range around an opening but something like Spring's dripping water stays around the opening).

What about hollow areas of the caves where seasonal effect effect (example: Summer Heat or Winter Cold comes in a range around an opening but something like Spring's dripping water stays around the opening).

"I'd suggest that to make it more realistic, there could be rain falling into the caves only near the entrances and for the rest of the cave,"

That water drips and it does not pour... Check it out again. it drips much more slower than surface rain. so it is dripping.

Well you are just against the rain because you admit it by urself. You said in one of your comment that you did not wanna go to caves in spring because you get 100% wet and it is hard, whilst in another one you say you dont care about challenge its all about logic. these 2 comments contradicts with each other.

I said it may be changed cosmetically but wetness bar should rise same amount. You were against this too. Because if you are seeking logic, you get wet in caves even there was no dripping. Humidity will make you wet... So you are not really concerned about the logic. You are just someone who cannot survive in that water dripping and want it to be nerfed.. A solution for you then. Just create a world without spring season. Just because you cannot survive in spring in caves, you cannot deprive people of having challenge in game. Because in this game challenge makes the game not boring. There are easier games out there for you to play if you want. (this cave water leaking not even a challenge.)

how about removing nightmare fuel? It is out of evolution

how about removing fire staff, ice staff, telelocator focus, telepoof (pls dont try to defend fire staff with science, yeah a red gem with a stick can throw fireballs yeah yeah makes sense and its a perfect example to science. We always simply put a gem to stick to make fire staff at universities.). They all make no sense and no relation with evolution too.. Game is built for you to have more challenge. Not built to make more sense.

My recommendation to you is, learn how to survive in spring in caves or cancel spring to let other players to have challenge (especially for those who are experienced)

Now bunch of noobs are against this cave water dripping cuz they cannot survive and they defend it as its illogical. Yeah yeah cry babies. It is illogical remove rain and make the game extremely boring by nerfing everything. Everything is already nerfed in DST by adding that damn telltale heart, even a person who cannot survive for 30 days can survive over 200 days....

Why dont you go play more dont starve to learn how to survive in caves in spring instead of coming here and spamming thousands of messages to ask it to be nerfed and defending it as illogical)

If you are really sincere, then you would accept same amount of wetness bar rise, while it should really drip as you say... If you dont wanna accept this, i am sorry but you are not really after logic or anything. you are being a cry baby and spamming messages to show how noob you are.

That water drips and it does not pour... Check it out again. it drips much more slower than surface rain. so it is dripping.

Well you are just against the rain because you admit it by urself. You said in one of your comment that you did not wanna go to caves in spring because you get 100% wet and it is hard, whilst in another one you say you dont care about challenge its all about logic. these 2 comments contradicts with each other.

I said it may be changed cosmetically but wetness bar should rise same amount. You were against this too. Because if you are seeking logic, you get wet in caves even there was no dripping. Humidity will make you wet... So you are not really concerned about the logic. You are just someone who cannot survive in that water dripping and want it to be nerfed.. A solution for you then. Just create a world without spring season. Just because you cannot survive in spring in caves, you cannot deprive people of having challenge in game. Because in this game challenge makes the game not boring. There are easier games out there for you to play if you want. (this cave water leaking not even a challenge.)

how about removing nightmare fuel? It is out of evolution

how about removing fire staff, ice staff, telelocator focus, telepoof (pls dont try to defend fire staff with science, yeah a red gem with a stick can throw fireballs yeah yeah makes sense and its a perfect example to science. We always simply put a gem to stick to make fire staff at universities.). They all make no sense and no relation with evolution too.. Game is built for you to have more challenge. Not built to make more sense.

My recommendation to you is, learn how to survive in spring in caves or cancel spring to let other players to have challenge (especially for those who are experienced)

Now bunch of noobs are against this cave water dripping cuz they cannot survive and they defend it as its illogical. Yeah yeah cry babies. It is illogical remove rain and make the game extremely boring by nerfing everything. Everything is already nerfed in DST by adding that damn telltale heart, even a person who cannot survive for 30 days can survive over 200 days....

Why dont you go play more dont starve to learn how to survive in caves in spring instead of coming here and spamming thousands of messages to ask it to be nerfed and defending it as illogical)

If you are really sincere, then you would accept same amount of wetness bar rise, while it should really drip as you say... If you dont wanna accept this, i am sorry but you are not really after logic or anything. you are being a cry baby and spamming messages to show how noob you are.

Wow much insult coming from you! It's true that the cave "rain" is annoying as hell. I am an experienced player but it still annoying me. I said before that I'm more concerned about logic; this does not mean that I'm not entirely concerned about the challenge, so no contradiction, but sorry if I wrote that differently and made a confusion. It is slightly annoying, but more for ruins than caves since for ruins night light is better fitted as a lightsource than campfires, though it does not get your wetness down real quick whilst you're wearing something like the eyebrella. And since ruins is extremely deep into the ground there the "heavy dripping" most certainly would not make sense. As for caves, even there this much "dripping" does not make sense; in caves irl water doesn't drip from every single spot in the ceiling, but rather drips in certain spots leaving multiple areas where you can avoid the water dropping onto your head. Many creatures live in caves for the sake of shelter from the weather and if that can't be provided, well then the "dripping" in caves doesn't make sense. Batilisks might as well sleep under trees instead or something. And as I said before, it's true that if the dripping was made more realistic the challenge would be smaller, however the amount of spots where the water could be dripping from would mean that eventually whilst you're moving around the caves you're ought to get hit by drops of water coming through the ceiling of the caves and if you're planning on setting up a base, then you probably won't find a place where you could set up a decently sized base without having water dripping from the ceiling into it, so whilst you're moving around your base, you find yourself getting hit by the water coming from the ceiling. And something that ImDaMasterL pointed out is that less water should be falling down into the ruins than in the caves, so if a dripping system like this was put in, there would be more places where water can hit you from the ceiling in caves than in ruins, meaning that in caves you might still need to set up campfires everywhere and fuel them to get dry, whilst in ruins you could easily use the night lights most if not all of the time. And sinse it rains during Autukn as well, it would make sense if water dripped into the caves during Autumn, however would only drip whilst it is raining on the surface or at least would drip more whilst it's raining and less whilst it's not.

I am not a cry baby, I'm merely making a more plausible suggestion as to how "rain" in cavss could be implemented so that people don't complain as much but morr impprtantly so that it makes more sense and doesn't give the impression of it raining in caves for others like it did for me.

Irl, water tends to drip throughout the cave no matter how far from the entrance you are. It would make sense if the rain fell into the entrance whilst everywhere else in the cave, it would be just dripping. If it drips even whilst it is not raining on the surface though, the entrance should no longer have rain falling into it. As for heat and cold, there are caves where it gets colder or hotter as you move deeper into them, so I think it is reasonable to have it like it is; caves having 50% protection from heat and cold whilst still providing that effect. For ruins I guess it would make sense if it had even more insulation from heat and cold than caves do, though it can be argued that ruins are close to a lava area which which would mean its protection from heat would be barely any whilst having extreme protection from cold, but idk about this.

just learn surviving or try programming your very own easy game to send to pewdiepie to make him play.

Game is already nerfed alot with telltale heart bullshit..

i did not see any insult... being noob is a condition. it is not an insult. I was a noob too. I was really scared to go into caves in spring too cuz I was so noob. The thing about being noob is you dont wanna accept that you are noob. It happens to some players I know. It happens to me too. But now I really know the game alot. Much more than you. I am sure about this cuz your comments reveal your knowledge about the game.. . I was once noob too. But it is all over now. First time i saw deerclops with 20 sanity i was like damn this game is impossible to survive... First time i saw treeguards, I said to myself, well i dont know how to stop them they will kill me.. When I first saw wigfrid i thought finding meat is too hard. when i played as wolfgang i thought he need a very huge base with thousands of beeboxes to survive.

And yes i was accepting that i was noob after going through dont starve wiki pages and read everything written and playing the game decent amount of time. After that I never got 100 wetness in any place. you can go to caves in day 2 in spring and survive there without being extremely wet for about 2-3 days... After 3 days u can come to surface with 2 wetness (at day 5)..

To sum up, everything is possible in the game and if you know how to play properly, everything has an OP solution. Game is about details.

just learn surviving or try programming your very own easy game to send to pewdiepie to make him play.

Game is already nerfed alot with telltale heart bullshit..

i did not see any insult... being noob is a condition. it is not an insult. I was a noob too. I was really scared to go into caves in spring too cuz I was so noob. The thing about being noob is you dont wanna accept that you are noob. It happens to some players I know. It happens to me too. But now I really know the game alot. Much more than you. I am sure about this cuz your comments reveal your knowledge about the game.. . I was once noob too. But it is all over now. First time i saw deerclops with 20 sanity i was like damn this game is impossible to survive... First time i saw treeguards, I said to myself, well i dont know how to stop them they will kill me.. When I first saw wigfrid i thought finding meat is too hard. when i played as wolfgang i thought he need a very huge base with thousands of beeboxes to survive.

And yes i was accepting that i was noob after going through dont starve wiki pages and read everything written and playing the game decent amount of time. After that I never got 100 wetness in any place. you can go to caves in day 2 in spring and survive there without being extremely wet for about 2-3 days... After 3 days u can come to surface with 2 wetness (at day 5)..

To sum up, everything is possible in the game and if you know how to play properly, everything has an OP solution. Game is about details.

Still, the realism isn't there. Dripping doesn't work that way and as I said before, I'm concerned about the realism and not the challenge and because that way Night lights would become useless in Spring and only useful in Autumn for Ruins as you would already use normal campfires for ruins in Winter and endo ones for Summer. And you're writing in a very weird way, dude, you okay there? The amount of short sentences you have written there feels kind of creepy. And no, noob wasn't what I found to be slightly insulting, but the fact that you called people who complain about the pouring "rain" in the caves cry babies. We're not babies and we don't cry, okay? We have reasons as to why we think what we think, so don't be so arrogant and full of dipshit prejudice, k?

No, he don't.

It is actually true. Try with a Cane on a road and lose Chester.

When you lose him, he will stuck where ever he lost finding you. So now you have actually to find him before he can follow you.

He has when I do it, and I'm almost never without a walking cane and I'm very mobile. It's honestly how I find him 95% of the time. Unless something's changed within the last couple weeks as I haven't had much time to play.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He has when I do it, and I'm almost never without a walking cane and I'm very mobile. It's honestly how I find him 95% of the time. Unless something's changed within the last couple weeks as I haven't had much time to play.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't see the "jump in a wormhole" part .

So maybe you're right. I keep that in mind. 

Archived