My Little Wilson

Lately I've been obsessed with drawing Don't Stave and also ponies (they're just so adorable....). So I mixed them together. I sketched and painted them. Hope you guys like it.

post-3920-13764589988088_thumb.jpg

I used the same shape for all of them except Wolfgang's head because he's bigger and stronger.

Please feel free to give some strong criticism.

Strong criticism? Alright, I think the blank eyes for the girls are out of place due to the difference in art style between DS and MLP:FiM. If you kept the Victorian/Tim Burton/Paper Cut-Out style except with ponies, it would look fine, but the far less strange and dark aesthetic of MLP doesn't work well with DS' dark character designs. On a similar note, all of their eyes are just a tiny bit too small, try making them a little bit bigger. Also, don't be afraid to make them look a bit cartoonier and stray from the "pony formula". If it works for the original designs in-game, it'll work fine in art too.

Edited by TurboSax
Typos

If you kept the Victorian/Tim Burton/Paper Cut-Out style except with ponies, it would look fine, but the far less strange and dark aesthetic of MLP doesn't work well with DS' dark character designs.

I see what you mean. I'll try drawing it with the more "Victorian/Tim Burton/Paper Cut-Out" style.

all of their eyes are just a tiny bit too small

Completely agree!! Thanks for pointing it out. Only just realised.

why does ''Wolfgang'' got Red hooves.

Oh I dunno. Guess I wanted him to look older (like Big Macintosh :p)Thanks for the criticism!! I'll try and improve. Though it may take a long time... It took me weeks to build enough courage to post something, but thanks all the same!!

Ooookay... Took me quite a while but I'm finally finished. This time I sketched it, scanned it onto my laptop and then edited it on the same program I used to do Willowpost-3920-1376459001178_thumb.pngWilson : Will you come down from there?Wendy : Will you stop killing bunnies?Wilson : Uh.. Sure *Evil grin*

Edited by RockinMouse

My little Wilson,My little Wilson,Ahh Ahh Ahh ARGH!My little Wilson,I used to wonder for science's need..My little Wilson,Until you left me unconscious, nothing to feed!Big MonstersTons of hogsAn useful spearBig and dumbGiving supp-liesIn the battle of heat!And starving makes us all compete!My little Wilson,Ya'know, the fire's getting co-oo-oo-oold...PS. Awesome effort put into the drawings, especially since you did it with a mouse!

Edited by Snob
Forgot to compliment

Before I say anything, I warn you all that I know very little about ponies. Next to zero and honestly I don't think it's going to change anytime Soon. The comments in the spoiler, is by one of my roommates who is MUCH more familiar with the MLP fan base and has experience drawing them. I had told them that you want a (strong) critique. As an artist myself, I commend your bravery and your willingness to adapt and grow. So I hope this helps.

Hi! I was asked if I could give some imput on the ponies. This is response to the first image. Firstly, as most have said Wilson does in fact have a female pony nose. Small detail, but I guess it's a stylistic choice?

Overall their eyes seem to be a bit small compared to their heads. Willows seems fine, but otherwise ponies have really big eyes.

Secondly, I'm not entirely sure what the back leg furthest away from us is doing at all. In all honesty they don't look like legs, but more like something... else.

The second one seems okay as far as ponies go. The ears don't match, but for a mouse I honestly can't complain. MLPs look odd from the front, and that can't be helped.

For the third... outside of the fact Wendy suddenly has wings and eyes. Wilson looks like Gumby... His back is going at an angle, and his legs are too boxy and stumpy. Also his bottom jaw is just... I can't describe it, but it seems off.

Edited by Lee An
Because I can't English.

I know I asked for strong criticism, and really I appretiate all the suggestions and comments that could make it better... But I think I'll stop posting ponies until I've perfected the art :) I'm also quite sick of ponies at the moment since I've got waaaay to much paper lying around my room with ponies on and I'm scared my parents might just think I have a serious mental problem.post-3920-13764590043955_thumb.pngProbably what I look like at the moment...