What shall I build first

Hey guys I've just bought a copy of Don't Starve and I finally survived long enough to get some research points and a science machine and found a pig village. I was wondering what should i research and build first? A logsuit or a spear I have 150 research points and I've already researched rope. Thanks for the help (if anyone acually helps :p).

Research tip: I found using the dug up plants give you a nice amount of research points as do the dug up items from graves.Go for log suit, spear (very easy to make), and once you have an alchemy engine research the football helmet and you will be good to go for most of your days.

Research tip: I found using the dug up plants give you a nice amount of research points as do the dug up items from graves.Go for log suit, spear (very easy to make), and once you have an alchemy engine research the football helmet and you will be good to go for most of your days.

you don't need the alchemy engine for the football helm its a bug.

Research tip: I found using the dug up plants give you a nice amount of research points as do the dug up items from graves.Go for log suit, spear (very easy to make), and once you have an alchemy engine research the football helmet and you will be good to go for most of your days

get the meat effigy it revives you after death it only takes some wood some hair and a bit of bacon to make.

Thanks for the advice but you 2 that I qouted i specifically said what should I build first >:( . Plus IDK where to get bacon Edited by danhern

if you found a pig village try to get a pig skin by getting a pig to fight with another one (feed one meet and tell it to attack another pig) and hope you get pigskin. Go for the football helmet and the spear first, because the helmet is easier to make than the logsuit. The logsuit can come last.

I vote for logsuit, so much protection, good for calculate damage too, better for escape( almost every enemy lose aggro when you run away, making it even better).

Spear is very useful, but, without the logsuit, fight is so dangerous, reducing the spear's potential...

Anyway, after a good graveyard you probably can make both...

You already got the logsuit...i was gonna vote for the spear. Your suit ll break fast if you only have a tool (axe, shovel, pick) to attack ennemies. Next step will be the spear...or try to get a tentacle spike if you are close to a swamp.