Lucas-Shiroi Don't Starve Art

I idly clicked into the latest page of this thread to see what was in it and then I got sucked into the story and had to go back and read the whole thing. Well done.

One thing, though. Do you use a program that would allow you to darken the lineart? It can be hard to read because it's so pale, especially the speech bubbles.

Glad you like it, and i'll try to atleast make the dialogue more clear.

Witch Willow looks AWESOME DUDE!!!

I appreciate it :encouragement:

OI. SPIDER IS NOT A BUG!

IT's either an Araneae or an Arthopods.

Wolfgang usually just says 'bug' for some of his spider related quotes is all. but yea aside from that you're pretty much right

I really enjoyed reading your comic. I love the different perspectives you are taking and the art style works really well for the story, very expressive. You should work to put in more backgrounds as some panels are pretty bare. Work in some dynamic backgrounds to give more intensity, to help express emotion or put emphasis on certain objects like when Willow was raising her torch. I like what i'm seeing and looking forward to reading more!

I really enjoyed reading your comic. I love the different perspectives you are taking and the art style works really well for the story, very expressive. You should work to put in more backgrounds as some panels are pretty bare. Work in some dynamic backgrounds to give more intensity, to help express emotion or put emphasis on certain objects like when Willow was raising her torch. I like what i'm seeing and looking forward to reading more!

Thanks i appreciate it, the feedback helps. Backgrounds  have always been harder than they should be for me, i might try adding in more effects to scenes though to make them less bare, find some suitable screentone designs to use or something. This whole thing has been practice for me after all, no harm in trying things out.

heh, yea it does actually

although it'd be cool if you could craft that little record player of maxwells for some extra background music.

Klei actually planned this, the "broken phonograph piece" textures are still in the game files. Since they didn't make it happen, a mod allows for this. Not to mention the jukebox mod, taking things a step further and allowing others to make their own discs.

Klei actually planned this, the "broken phonograph piece" textures are still in the game files. Since they didn't make it happen, a mod allows for this. Not to mention the jukebox mod, taking things a step further and allowing others to make their own discs.

Huh, well ain't that something?

I would have loved to see what maxwells quote would have been for it though.

An ink sketch based on this other picture i seen from 'over the garden wall' it seemed like it really had that don't starve feel to me. although extending charlie's hair for the effect makes her look more like willow...oh well

91Gt0a4.jpg

And a classy willow

2KRyQtL.jpg

wish i got better item drops i keep getting pants and mediocre shirts... I don't even own the rabbit bag...

• Like 7