My favorite griefing method

1. Pick Wickerbottom and join a crowded server

2. Locate swamp and collect reeds

3. Dig lots of graves for gems

4. 5-7 days in, craft several End is Nigh books

Then the fun starts.

This method of griefing is superior to others because not only do your lightning bolts set fire to multiple stuff at once, it also damages and kills players, even if the server isn't PvP.

So if anyone annoys you, you can just chase them down, corner them and cast your book until the die. Most people take only 2-3 casts.

This is great, but not perfect; you need a rain hat to avoid taking damage yourself. This is a good way to ruin the fun for others in PvE. I love it, I hope this never gets nerfed. Bonus points if you find a rather large base and it burns to the ground along with the players who reside. So challenge yourself, see how fast you can get the shadow manipulator and the books and wipe out the server. Good luck :D

This is good but it's much easier to take the "classic" method.

1. Join an Endless Server
  2. Pick Wicker
  3. Head to the Swamp while not typing or keeping typing to a minimum
  4. Collect one tentacle spot
  5. Find/Build an Alchemy Engine
  6. Make On Tentacles
  7. Use the entire book on the Jury-Rigger Portal
  8. Kill yourself on the tentacles 
  9. Revive
  10. Repeat steps 8 - 9 over and over until corpses limit movement massively
  11. Eventually everyone on the server will die and be unable to respawn ever.
  12. Laugh/Cry.

Oh and as a bonus step, try to kill all spiders or other threats to the tentacles that are in the nearby radius. Don't worry about the players, 70% of them don't know how to fight a tentacle.

This is good but it's much easier to take the "classic" method.

1. Join an Endless Server
  2. Pick Wicker
  3. Head to the Swamp while not typing or keeping typing to a minimum
  4. Collect one tentacle spot
  5. Find/Build an Alchemy Engine
  6. Make On Tentacles
  7. Use the entire book on the Jury-Rigger Portal
  8. Kill yourself on the tentacles 
  9. Revive
  10. Repeat steps 8 - 9 over and over until corpses limit movement massively
  11. Eventually everyone on the server will die and be unable to respawn ever.
  12. Laugh/Cry.

Oh and as a bonus step, try to kill all spiders or other threats to the tentacles that are in the nearby radius. Don't worry about the players, 70% of them don't know how to fight a tentacle.

Why not just build walls around the portal?

Why not just build walls around the portal?

You can force attack walls, and it's difficult to get that much stone without anyone else on the server getting a hammer/weapon

Despite your fists not doing much damage, you can still eventually break walls.

I hate to be the party pooper, but can we please not make threads like this? Griefing has become an issue in servers to the point that most servers are passworded, I see this thread as a resource of information for griefers, like imagine a new player coming to the discussion forum and trying out this idea? o_o

And Trust me, I'm working on a couple strategies for taking down Dragonfly in the most legitimate way. Last thing I need is a wickerbottom coming in and summoning lightning and destroying something I need to help.

I hope you can understand where I'm coming from :)

I hate to be the party pooper, but can we please not make threads like this? Griefing has become an issue in servers to the point that most servers are passworded, I see this thread as a resource of information for griefers, like imagine a new player coming to the discussion forum and trying out this idea? o_o

And Trust me, I'm working on a couple strategies for taking down Dragonfly in the most legitimate way. Last thing I need is a wickerbottom coming in and summoning lightning and destroying something I need to help.

I hope you can understand where I'm coming from :-)

What? Pffft. A lot of threads were made asking Klei to do something about the griefers, ghost griefers, fire griefers, and Klei stated that they don't give a sh¡t, so we should just play the game as intended*

* Which is: griefing servers.

What? Pffft. A lot of threads were made asking Klei to do something about the griefers, ghost griefers, fire griefers, and Klei stated that they don't give a sh¡t, so we should just play the game as intended*

* Which is: griefing servers.

This is false

What has been said, very specifically, is that we do care. Quite a bit. However, we also understand that while you may think somebody is griefing, doesn't always mean that they are, and that our focus is to make sure people have the tools to handle griefers, and that others have the tools available to them to know what kind of server they are playing on. In general, it's not quite a simple fix, but it is something we are carefully working on.

With that said. There is a distinction between anything goes PvP and griefing. Where griefing is with intent and specifically intended to harass another unwilling participant. As that is what this thread appears to be, I am shutting down as being against community standards.

Archived