What do you typically do after your base is set up?

It usually takes me about 6-7 days to explore most maps fully (at least around the edges to get a sense of where biomes/resources are), and another 10 days after that to build a base at a good spot.

After that, I usually get bored and leave because there isn't anything else to do.

How about you guys?

I explore the first 2 weeks, I live like a nomad for that time, then when I finally found a good place I setup the camp, then I only upgrade the camp and my friends bring the materials or food, after all, all the map was explored, the only problem is the deerclops in winter, generally we have another small camp near to a wormhole, but, if we don't are in that camp when the deerclops came we only can defend our camp.I know this strategy is hard but I can't find another more efficient, with the entire map discovered is easy find the best place to set the camp, taking care of the distances between resources

Typically spend a majority of time running into other players and determining their intentions.  Depending on the who I find, I may be busy dealing with them for quite awhile because the person doesn't know what to do, is destroying the world, or trying to kill me.  

Now what?
Mostly try to kill everything I can, and start setting up multiple bases if I have the resources.

• Make the world hospitable by dotting the landscape with bases.
  • Do some landscaping for the Pig King.
  • Make a fortress/castle/keep/town
  • Collect every kind of resource.
  • Defeat the Dragonfly by yourself O__O

also:

try to outlive the powcake O__O

• Make the world hospitable by dotting the landscape with bases.
  • Do some landscaping for the Pig King.
  • Make a fortress/castle/keep/town
  • Collect every kind of resource.
  • Defeat the Dragonfly by yourself O__O

also:

try to outlive the powcake O__O

Yeah, but these do not provide any practical benefits (with the possible exception of multiple bases against deerclops). They're just cosmetic.

I was asking in terms of progression.

They're just cosmetic.

Option 1 is for the benefit of any beginners who want to join your server. Not just cosmetic.

Option 5 is currently something you need to prepare for. O__O

I was asking in terms of progression.

Quite a dangerous question...

This game is made in a way that you make your own goal. If there are things you can't do yet, try them out. Master the game. Survive, thrive, Play in Single Player and watch as your progress is taken away by a small mishap that causes you to die... no ghost.

Dragonfly... O__O

I kinda have the same issue with don't starve. I played a lot, alone and with friends, and things to do run out pretty fast. 

Once you know what to do, it takes 1 or 2 seasons cycle to do everything. And by doing everything I mean literally doing every single thing there is at least 1 time and surviving.

The only thing I never did was defeating dragonfly, because I honeslty don't even feel need to do it, loot is terrible..

Other than that, I played 100 days, built awesome big base, explored map, built every single thing I can (many of them multiple times), defeated every single enemy (apart from Dragonfly of course) and.. nothing else to do,

Sure you can theoretically play forever if you just do same things over and over.. and over, but where is fun in that? You can do same thing over and over in every game, and it's never fun, unless you have autism or something then doing repetitive things may seem exciting.

I am really waiting for more content at this point, Through the Ages and then caves should bring much more things to do.

Archived