Longest Survived. Ever?

Some of these numbers are... most impressive! You realize that once you get past day 50 or so you are exploring territory that the devs haven't even really mapped out yet, right?Y'all are cosmonauts of DS-space! :)One thing that I want to do is make the game change over time as you survive longer. Maybe the length of the night waxes and wanes, or new creatures start to get introduced, or rainy season begins. The world should keep you on your toes every 25 days or so.Also, for people who just like to build things without worrying too much about survival, I'm seriously considering a separately-tuned easy mode. The normal mode would still be the main game, but there would be something there for people who want a more relaxing experience. Kind of like the survival/creative split in Minecraft.

uhm Kevin, you know how Wes was know as hard mode?make him harder, currently at day 259 with Wes. That too much?
  • Like 1

I haven't had time to play recently, not since the new patch came out. I have made it past day 105 and died on purpose with Wilson. I feel that the real challenge comes with the girl characters since you can't make effigies with them. I can't wait to get time to try the new stuff out!

You can make effigies with every character now, there are new strange ways to get beard hairs...
  • Like 1

Yay necro threads!I'm past 280, it is just for giggles at this point, moving stuff around to my liking and such.. nothing could kill me easily =/Making it to the 2nd summer or 100 is the main challenge I see, that and adventure mode which I have yet to finish even 2/5 of the way :(

• Like 1

I made it to 400+, but it gets boring... by then you have so much stuff in your base, it's almost pointless to get out. I was spend my days simply farming for more food inside my base.

my record is 253 days(Wilson,in new gen), I had probably 70-80% of the map complete, but by that point I was in the 200s , and hounds came every so often, world didn't have a walrus, and I was surviving in a rocky biome with about 6 tallbird nests ,I died while out exploring, and hounds came (my camp had a hound death pit)oh the reason I didn't have a meat effigy was because my last one broke, I didn't have any backups and the hound attack happened while I was almost at my base, running back, died once, ran to the hound arena and one managed to make its way through my traps (more like 5)

Edited by OVER9000NUKES

- - - Updated - - -

I made it to 400+, but it gets boring... by then you have so much stuff in your base, it's almost pointless to get out. I was spend my days simply farming for more food inside my base.

new or old gen?

Edited by the truthseeker
removed double reply

I am at a point where i can survive any winter. Got an amulet, Meat effigny and a touch stone activated... And a panic room :razz: at Day 1xx right now.

Forgive my n00bness... but what is a panic room? I'm assuming it's not a prefab, rather a collection of prefabs constructed to maximize fortification and protection. If so how do you assemble your panic room?