So what is your favorite corporation?

I'm torn between FTM and Sankaku. FTM has cool grenade throwing buddies (which you can loot, and those grenades are damn nice), but Sankaku is just so unique with the drones and stuff. Plus who doesn't want to take over some drones and kill everything? (Unless everyone has armor and you can only kill camera drones or normal cameras :[ )

FTM also had the best music in my opinion, with Sankaku next. The atmosphere in Sankaku is perfect. The music fits perfectly with a building filled with drones and almost no humans. FTM music is just overall good. Can't get the tune out of my head.

Plastech? Not even once. Those guys taking over my devices? I once suggested in these forums to add guys that can take back devices. But this? Each turn? 6 tile radius? Yeah I'm gonna hack some drones and get some grenades, man.

I seem to be the only one that loves plastech. I think their aesthetic is super cool and I like the modded MK I. Now I'm a sucker for design over ease of play I just think their white jumpsuits are cool. 

I seem to be the only one that loves plastech. I think their aesthetic is super cool and I like the modded MK I. Now I'm a sucker for design over ease of play I just think their white jumpsuits are cool. 

I do like the concept of cyberwarfare. But it's just so uninteractive. It's just poof, you lost a camera. That was a camera with a daemon and had 7 firewalls. But now it's ours again. Ha.

If there were more meaningful counterplay and interaction, it would have been cool imo.

I do like the concept of cyberwarfare. But it's just so uninteractive. It's just poof, you lost a camera. That was a camera with a daemon and had 7 firewalls. But now it's ours again. Ha.

If there were more meaningful counterplay and interaction, it would have been cool imo.

Very fair points

Was thinking about some ways interactions could be implemented.

Maybe he could scan the room he's in every turn. When he detects a divice that isn't functioning as it should, he goes into the "?" state, and moves to the device to fix it. Alternatively, he could start hunting (!) afterwards.

Maybe he doesn't take over devices directly, but buffs the firewalls of devices near him. Either as a flat shield (3 or 4 firewalls?) or an increase of 1 each turn, or each X turns. If you take him out, the shield disappears/increase stops.

Instead of becoming a daemon when KO (essentially a PUNISHMENT for doing something beneficial), he could install (maybe lesser versions of) daemons onto mainframe devices (while he is awake and walking, of course). By taking him out, you stop the daemons.

Maybe he can detect when a firewall is being hacked near him, and he manually blocks the device from being hacked further.

I don't like just saying "this is bad design", so I made some examples on how obstacles are meant to make your life harder, but you should be able to deal with them effectively without needing to kill them if you want 0 downside. Imo, using a disrupter on a guard should make him totally harmless. You just spent a cooldown (and potentially a whole lot more, in higher levels) to take a guard out, and he's still annoying your ass.

(I view it like this because I play some multiplayer games quite seriously, and in no situation is a mechanic without counterplay considered healthy for the game. I don't think this only applies to multiplayer games. You could argue that the game is supposed to have an unfair advantage, but Plastech really is the only corporation which has that problem. Untill this is changed, I'll avoid them, because it's a real (unfun!) pain in the ass to infiltrate a Plastech site on level 9. >:[ )

For me? My favorite Corporation is K&O. They're quite the heavy duty, weapons orient Corp that are capable of outgunning your agents almost all the time. With their Heavy Troopers with 2+ armor, and their Spec OPs with their 180 line of sight, along with the Turrets they have, they're very impressive.

Also, they own Hawai'i.

Gotta show loyalty to my future Corporate Overlords.

Could someone enlighten me on what the specificities on FTM are? Is it just a run-of-the-mill, standard corp or am I missing something? Besides having a bit more guard than others, I just don't see it.

Could someone enlighten me on what the specificities on FTM are? Is it just a run-of-the-mill, standard corp or am I missing something? Besides having a bit more guard than others, I just don't see it.

Well, it's got the scanning amplifer, and the Shielded Guards. Those two seem very specifically unique to FTM.

Absolutely. Right now I'm pretty much avoiding Plastech, but I know it wouldn't need much tweaking to become fun.

I'd really love the option (whether it's a program or a default ability on Plastech levels) to invest some additional PWR to raise your own firewalls in systems you really don't want to lose just yet.

Even better, give us a hacking program which is costly to use, but plants our very own daemon on the system in case some Plastech bastard wants to try and take it back.

IMO it would give it just enough depth to really feel like cyberwarfare.

On topic, in those conditions, this now would be my favorite corporation. That or current Sankaku, because drones are awesome.

I don't think Modded MK1s are particulary difficult to deal with. I don't know if it is because I'm usually good at managing my power, or if I'm just lucky.

I didn't like Sankaku in early access, but it has become noticably less annoying since the full release.

Now I think all corps are pretty similar on my favourite list.

I would have to say that Sankaku is my favorite corporation. The drones are awesome, and very powerful, making them a fun challenge. The ambience is amazing, and the whole "replacing humans" thing gets the place quiet and slightly sinister with the music, which is also amazing. Just make sure you have enough PWR.

I also kinda like the design on Plastech (but it might be due to my interest on computer sciences and medicine) but I would certainly like more cyberwarfare for plastech as it has been already said. Sankaku felt like the corp to fulfill that role when the game was on early access but it felt that was in a "I'll overrun you and outnumber you!" way not really like in cyberwarfare.

I also kinda like the design on Plastech (but it might be due to my interest on computer sciences and medicine) but I would certainly like more cyberwarfare for plastech as it has been already said. Sankaku felt like the corp to fulfill that role when the game was on early access but it felt that was in a "I'll overrun you and outnumber you!" way not really like in cyberwarfare.

That matches you profile image perfectly.

I prefer FTM myself, and feel that they have given me the biggest challenge, as I keep getting screwed with the Blowfish 2.0 daemon and start a high-level mission at Alarm 2, and the scanner goes nuts!  Makes it very challenging, and makes all the big badasses start patrolling in the starting room lol.

I have not noticed the difference between the corporations...would anyone be able to list the differences for me? Thanks if you do.

I think this has all been said in this thread if you look for it, but here goes:

FTM has a scanner somewhere in the map that activates whenever the alarm level goes up a full number. They also have "Support" guards who sometimes when alerted throw flashbang grenades near an area before checking it out.

Sankaku has the Obake and Akuma drones, as well as Null drones and Sound Bugs.

Plastech has those "hackers" that will reset 1 captured device (camera, safe, or anything else you've fully hacked) within their radius each turn, as well as spawn Daemons when KO'd.

K&O has turrets, and guards with 180-degree sight and guards with 2 Armor.

They also each have their own soundtrack.

K&O also has the support guards. they are actually great since you can sometimes loot the stun grenades off them. a consumable AOE stun which bypasses armor. in story mode you should stockpile 2-3 for the last mission if you can. even if it overloads you. you can still pass them to one of the addtional agents you get there.

personally I like FTM the best followed by K&O. the FTM scanner is a minor hassle and you can loot it for extra money. also their mission are focussed in NA. so if you get a bunch of them you have very short flight times. especially good when your raiding an FTM executive terminal. any onther FTM facility you pick is basically garanteed to be near.

K&O has lots of guards to loot but you need good armor penetration. the can spwan guards with 2 armor from day 2 on. the turrets usually aren't that problematic.

Sakaku is doable but with lots of robots you loose out on pocket cash. it gets easier which good hacking programs and skills. coming only with seed is risky because you can't instant hack any drone staring you down. and you loose out on chash loot because robots drop PWR instead.

also beware of the sounds bugs. they increase the alrem tracker and call in guards when triggered. so shooting with a hacked drone isn't always the best idea. and holocircuit overloaders make noise as well.

Plastech hackers are annoying. more so the later the game gets. since firewalls increase and each reboot gets more expensive. also more daemons mean less space in case you knock them out. taurus helps. hunter, not so much. or go lethal to take care of the problem for good. but that brings it's own promblems in terms of cash and alarm/PWR cost.

I find that plastec is the least annoying for me cuz i just KO's the Modded MK1's and daemons are only a small annoyance for me.

FTM isn't much of a proplem (unless i cant fine the damn scanner) and i don't think i do  FTM missons that often anyways :/

K&O is a bit tricky if i have no way to get through armor. I have never been shot by turrets before though.

Sakaku...i hate them so much...I hate the sound bugs, i hate the null drones, i hate the opake drones (V1 and V2) and i hate the Akuma drones. They are very annoying to deal with for me and i always seem to get low on pwr on these missions.

OMNI, i have only encountered 3 of their guards (Harbringer, Protector and Soldier). But after discovering what the other OMNI guards are...they are the most dangerous corp to deal with. (can anyone tell me when the other guards show up? (Hunter/Killer/Observer))

Archived