Pretty old thread but I'll try give a unique opinion.

Late game endless (day 8+?) the guard budget is almost completely replaced by Omni. So Plastech won't have any cyberguards and Sankaku won't have any drones. The main issue with Omni is the Harbingers, which have +2 alarm when KO'd or +4 when dead, heart monitor can't be disabled so I hope to get a T.A.G pistol before they start appearing on every map so that it's quite easy to just leave them alone and not accidentally run into them later.

K&O's camera budget it actually taken up by turrets that can have daemons on them. So me being an avid Oracle + Hunter user can get slowed down a bit at K&O. But for everyone else K&O could be pretty easy, there's often 0-1 cameras activated before alarm lvl 1; half the time I see "no remaining uncaptured cameras" from oracle as soon as I start the mission so you can do some pretty fast scouting and some of the turrets can be in useless rooms or facing the wrong way.

I'm not a fan of FTM + Blowfish2.0. I think they have a higher camera budget too which is god awful with Fractal or Blowfish.

So for late game endless my preference with regards to difficulty is Plastech/Sankaku>K&O>FTM.

I wish I could like Plastech more.  I typically use Parasite and the constant need to recapture cameras is a pain in the ass.   Funnily enough, they're my favorite corp to use guns against.  Maybe there needs to be more prompting/incentive to violence your way through Plastech missions, as their biggest weakness is the lack of armor/offense.  It would be awesome to have the best way to beat Plastech be to rumble and rush your way through, alarms be damned.  Perhaps remove heart monitors from the cyborgs and have some other effect when they're attacked?  Fewer cameras but some other kind of defense?  Cool aesthetic, though.  I dig the mysticism/monastery feel.  Wish they had more mechanics.

FTM is my favorite, though only because it's easy and has the best music.  They do seem to have more cameras than average, though since I love using oracle on endless that isn't a problem.  Shield guards are a joke, though maybe that's because I use parasite and they're super weak against it.  I actually wish support guards received a buff.  I've never been caught by a flash grenade (in full release).  Flash grenades are one of the few situations where agents can get knocked out without immediately getting killed/pinned, which I think could be a neat mechanic.  You don't get caught but you lose a turn with that agent.

Sankaku has the best atmosphere, definitely.  It feels really cold.  Bots are nice and dumb, and akuma drones feel the most like a "boss" enemy with the vision, armor, and lack of speed.  I think sound bugs are too numerous and sensitive.  They're not fun challenge. I don't even bother hacking them. It just means no running or guns, which is a shame as it would be a cool change of pace to be in an entire facility with deaf drones.  Extra movement speed but tough sight lines/scanning.

K&O I like least.  Aesthetically I can't tell the difference between them and FTM, guards or scenery.  Turrets aren't a great substitute for cameras since I don't actually move through cameras anyways so I've never had a shot by one.  Using them against guards is both usually unnecessary and really over powered.  Worst case scenario you get some guards to waste turns finding/shooting it.  Best case scenario you kill two plus knock out guards while they're distracted.  Spec-ops are weird too, as they're either impossible to sneak up on or trivial to KO with a door.  Elite Armored guards I don't really care about since they're so easy to juke or completely evade when they're still oblivious.

As for OMNi, I'm still getting up through endless day 8.  Story mode final mission they're excellent.  I love the set dressing and how bizarre their guards look.  They're mechanically interesting too.  Harbingers are so unique and I love dealing with them.  Soldiers are great because they're dumb but you REALLY don't want to alert one.  Protectors are like a combination of the two that get weaker over time, which I like.

Speaking of favorites, why can we no longer click guards to see their portraits?  A random thought or factoid could be good too.  :)

FTM isn't much of a proplem (unless i cant fine the damn scanner)

One thing that makes FTM mission too easy. You can hear the sound of the FTM scanner even if you don't have the vision on it... just move your screen until you hear it. With that you can easily hack it before security 2.

the difference in cameras is a good point that hadn't been touched on so far. another thing I noticed recently, due to using Banks Econ Chip, is the number of consoles. Sankaku has a lot, K&O only a few and Plastech and FTM are somewhere in the middle from my expiriences.

As for FTM and Blowfish 2.0. the scanning doesn't make BF 2.0 much more annoying than it already is. you either take the incomming guards out or you use Cloak 3 and Stims to get out.

I looked at the code, and apparently all the corporations generate consoles based on what you specify in the level generation, which defaults to 5, except for Sankaku that has a fixed amount of 6.

The number of cameras that spawn on KO levels is generated by the formula max((default number of cameras)-difficulty,1)

I looked at the code, and apparently all the corporations generate consoles based on what you specify in the level generation, which defaults to 5, except for Sankaku that has a fixed amount of 6.

The number of cameras that spawn on KO levels is generated by the formula max((default number of cameras)-difficulty,1)

What about server farms, don't they always come with +2 consoles or are they included in that 5/6 number.

Gonna need some help with the K&O camera formula, what is 'default number of cameras' and 'difficulty'?

I am pretty sure the consoles in server farms don't count, but I'm not 100% sure.

By 'default number of cameras' I mean the number of cameras you normally see on a non-KO level of same difficulty. This would be 6 on difficulty 1 and 2, 7 on 3, 9 on 4 through 6 and 10 on 7 and above. Three of these are always deactivated when the level starts, which is why sometimes no cameras are online on the high-security KO-missions.

By difficulty I mean the security level of that specific mission. For example, a level 3 KO-mission would have 7-3= 4 cameras, and a level 6 would have 9-6 = 3 cameras.

Hope that helps.

Speaking of favorites, why can we no longer click guards to see their portraits?  A random thought or factoid could be good too.   :-)

Yeah, I've been wondering of that too. I wonder why they did that? I was really loking forward to see the animated portrait of the new Plastech and OMNI corp guards  :frown-new:

And what happened to random console events? and where's r4ttle snake? I hopped to discover more of him on the full released game.

If the corps had a real-world counterpart which business would it be?

I think for me it would be something like this:

K&O - I don't know about this one guns are totally illegal in my country so I am not familiarized with a corp that even slightly resembles the government and gun production monopoly that K&O portrays in the game.

FTM - It is funny because when the game was still on early access I always had the feeling FTM was a telecommunications related company so I related it to AT&T for what ever reason (maybe because of the T's) but in the game it is more like a Walmart or Best buy maybe? but with all sorts of products not only electronics. I would say it is the most businesslike corp in the game it doesn't look as creepy, shady, or tyrannical as the other corps.

Sankaku - Sony? Samsung? I think more like Toshiba since Sankaku  is more like an Asian company although I don't know any robotic related company that is also international.

Plastech - Mmmm this one is tricky. Some kind of medical research laboratories, like Bayer Healthcare? but it is also a pharmaceutical- sort of looking corp and they also seem to have been secretly involved on the 'code INSOMIAC' missions of the early access. I wonder what happened to that the courier seemed to hint at the modded mk's or the psychic guards from Plastech but nothing has been mentioned since the early access and the courier doesn't seem to get captured and brain washed as often as he used to on the days of the early access. That is suspicious ... What do you have to say about that Klei?

OMNI corp - NWO LOMINARTY WW3 loloololololololololol . . . . but seriously think about it . . .

...the courier doesn't seem to get captured and brain washed as often as he used to on the days of the early access. That is suspicious ... What do you have to say about that Klei?

He's still getting in trouble, turns up plenty if you do enough Security Dispatch missions, he loves it really!

He's still getting in trouble, turns up plenty if you do enough Security Dispatch missions, he loves it really!

Hey nice profile pic by the way! is it a real modded daemon or have I been lucky enough to never encounter it?

Hey nice profile pic by the way! is it a real modded daemon or have I been lucky enough to never encounter it?

Thanks!

ntFMmVH.jpg

Just another I made up, no mod as yet, not much of a coder. I call it 'Cascade', haven't pinned down exactly what it does, something like triggering two other daemons on a level.

Thanks!

ntFMmVH.jpg

Just another I made up, no mod as yet, not much of a coder. I call it 'Cascade', haven't pinned down exactly what it does, something like triggering two other daemons on a level.

It triggers two more cascade daemons.

I mostly stick to K&O and FTM because I live in fear of getting a modulate 2.0 on plastech or sankakou. However one of my favorite moments of invisible inc was when a plastech guard was possessing a camera as a daemon and I killed the daemon with hunter and then the guard died. I had NO IDEA that you could do that and it made me very happy.

Archived