Corporate Exclusivity Zones

I find it great that the Corporate Exclusivity Zones are finally in the game proper, and even make sure that all missions that occur in them are specific to that region.

5MkECBr.jpg

I'm just really curious about one detail with the Exclusivity Zones.

eZaK5U4.jpg

Is Hawai'i meant to be in the K&O Exclusivity Zone? I'm just asking because I would imagine that Hawai'i would more fit the FTM Exclusivity Zone.

I understand this is hardly an important detail, just something I'm curious about and really just a nitpick, and feel free to ignore this honestly ridiculous post, but I would like to get some explanation for this. If any.

• Developer

K&O sued the Unified North American Government for 'lost profits' after UNAG canceled military procurement contracts after the onset of the Greater Depression. Since UNAG was insolvent, K&O opted to take payment in kind. The CEO at the time had a soft spot for Waikiki Beach, and so demanded the entire state of Hawaii. A 100 year lease was stipulated by the World Economic Court at the ceremonial cost of 1 credit per annum.

FTM would later annex UNAG's territories during the Resource Wars. It maintains that it also inherited the terms of the Hawaiian lease, and makes a great show of sending K&O an invoice for a single credit every year. K&O refuses to pay, but sends a fruit basket and a "don't you wish you were here?" post card to FTM head office every Fiscal New Year.

Wait, did you just make that up or is there more backstory that has not been revealed? Because if there is then why is it not in the game?

It would be awesome if we could collect intelligence or other bits of backstory during the gameplay!

K&O sued the Unified North American Government for 'lost profits' after UNAG canceled military procurement contracts after the onset of the Greater Depression. Since UNAG was insolvent, K&O opted to take payment in kind. The CEO at the time had a soft spot for Waikiki Beach, and so demanded the entire state of Hawaii. A 100 year lease was stipulated by the World Economic Court at the ceremonial cost of 1 credit per annum.

FTM would later annex UNAG's territories during the Resource Wars. It maintains that it also inherited the terms of the Hawaiian lease, and makes a great show of sending K&O an invoice for a single credit every year. K&O refuses to pay, but sends a fruit basket and a "don't you wish you were here?" post card to FTM head office every Fiscal New Year.

Thank you Kevin, for this piece of Lore. You've come through again with this amazing piece of information.

I imagine K&O keeps all their Enforcer Staff in 'Iolani Palace as well?

Aaaand now this is canon.

I get the impression you guys wrote alot more lore than you let up in the game. Is there a way for you to arrange those tidbits of backstory into a document that you could then post in the forums? I would like that a great deal.

I'd like to know, for example, how Wal-Mart went from being Wal-Mart to becoming FTM (am I the only one to think of a futuristic Wal-Mart when I read about FTM?).

Archived