[Major Spoilers!] The ending is quite cool!

So I just beat the game and boy, was it a hard one. I thought I wouldn't need the rewinds since I played since early access (did experienced mode), but was I wrong. The last level was insane and I was tense for the whole duration!

The ending cinematic was great too, and with [Last Spoiler Alert] Incognita going rogue, I expect that this isn't over yet. Actually I /hope/ that it isn't over yet, as with the corporations wiped out, it could be a valid standalone ending.

So early access guys, what are your thoughts on the ending?

It was pretty crazy. Very unexpected. Although the whole Incognita being creepy as shiz (and dear god I love the voice-acting in that mission) probably should've tipped me off.

I really liked the augmented guards. They make for a very interesting challenge, even if it wasn't that bad because I had Banks with 2x flurry guns + piercing scanner + 2x stim III.

Also - I'm really curious what happens if you pick Central / Monst3r as starting agents. Do you have to do the final mission with just your original team? Because that would be *nasty*.

I really enjoyed playing through the game and watching the story evolve. From the simple pieces from item information to learning more about the characters, to all this new stuff, man this is a crazy world. But yes, now we've created Shodan-Skynet.  It was short, but really sweet. And boy, do I see more potential in this story, in this world. All the amazing stuff there can be here. I really hope there's more to this like we saw more with Don't Starve and its continued expansion.

After Incognita takes control, and finished destroying the corps (something I suppose was part of the 'reward' for Central as well?), a holographic blueprint shows up briefly and she says "Production started", or something along those lines. Does anyone know what that blueprint's of? Or is that just forshadowing of something yet to come?

I was able to beat expert on standard settings (Decker, Internationale, Power Drip, Lockpick) and if not for Monst3r I don't think I'd made it through, because his 3 AP gun helped me out twice (aside from that I only fired a sniper rifle once and that's it for the rest of the gear I bought on the mission and used Server Farm). I will go into Expert Plus with Central and Monst3r now.

Sadly I didn't undertand much of what happened, because cinematics aren't blessed with subtitles and Incognita speaks in a way that's gibberish to me. I only know something went wrong.

I had a blast playing through the story. The cinematics and voice-acting were superb and added so much to this game. I got goosebumps on several occasions and sat in awe for a few minutes after the ending scene. It was a great experience.

Unfortunately you only get to see it once without knowing what will happen, but that one time you're in for a ride :-)

After Incognita takes control, and finished destroying the corps (something I suppose was part of the 'reward' for Central as well?), a holographic blueprint shows up briefly and she says "Production started", or something along those lines. Does anyone know what that blueprint's of? Or is that just forshadowing of something yet to come?

Well I remember seeing a spherical thing on the screen, so I interpreted it as Incognita starting to build an army of drone to take over the world, or something of the sort.

as i was playing the last mission, (which was tough because it didn't go as planned) i started to feel sad for Incognita because she said stuff like: "Why do you make me do these thing". I thought to myself "I need to get Incognita back no matter what!" (anime-style OFC). I started to sacrifice  my agents to get Incognita back. And then the plot twist came. I feel betrayed. Incognita kind of did the right thing by eliminating the bad guys, but i was not expecting this. I was really hoping for a happy ending.

Oh well, this does make room for a sequel... *cough cough* ...

Well, she did give Central exactly what they had been working toward all of that time, the demise of the corps.

She just did it in a much faster, more efficient manner.  This is why I don't trust robots.

I did see that coming but it might be because I just finished retro-playing Systemshock 2 (good game, good game.) The ending wasn;t too satisfying to me. I don't like sequel teases (though and expansion or sequel would be greatly appreciated!) Being a gameplay focus title I felt there wasn't enough time to get attached to any of the characters and understand their motivations to really get invested in the ending. I am also not convinced by the 3d-thingy they used for the cutscenes. I personally like the artstyle used in the alpha trailer more (I am a hardcore fan of 2d animation though). It is not bad, but found it less compeling then Klei's previous cutscene work.

Have to agree on the cutscenes; they actually felt a bit shoddy to me, execution-wise, in that the animation isn't very good, and the characters look too different from their in-game counterparts (Decker's hat gets a special thumbs down). That said, I really love the direction and camerawork.

I absolutely, 100% predicted Incognita would do something immoral. The AI turning evil is the ultimate obvious plot device for every sci-fi work ever made, and with 'Nita so central to the game, I knew even Klei couldn't resist.

They just can't seem to do completely happy endings over there at Klei, can they? I'm not against that; in fact, I respect the change to the usual story formula. Just saying.

I absolutely, 100% predicted Incognita would do something immoral. The AI turning evil is the ultimate obvious plot device for every sci-fi work ever made, and with 'Nita so central to the game, I knew even Klei couldn't resist.

They just can't seem to do completely happy endings over there at Klei, can they? I'm not against that; in fact, I respect the change to the usual story formula. Just saying.

There can be no happy endings in Klei games. I imagine even Eets ends with everything going terribly. I haven't played Eets, so I'm not sure, but I imagine a black hole just sucks up everything in the end.

Also - I'm really curious what happens if you pick Central / Monst3r as starting agents. Do you have to do the final mission with just your original team? Because that would be *nasty*.

For my second play-through I hit random and ended up with Central and Xu, you don't get an extra character for your final mission (so since I failed miserably in the detention centre mission I attempted I only had my starting 2 + Monst3r - still scraped through though).

Haha I pretty much saw that coming too. I mean, that long corridor leading to the SecNet computer was just so reminiscent of Don't Starve's ending that it screamed BAD ENDING INC. Like I said in another thread, I was half expecting to find a gramophone playing Shopcat muzak somewhere.

TBH, I'm not a big fan of Diablos Ex Machina twist endings, mostly because a lot of them feel like they're mostly there for cheap shock value.

Frankly, I'm far more attached to my field agents over Central and Incognita. Incidentally, this is also why I love that opening cinematic more than the ending. We get to see Nika, Decker and Internationale being badass. Especially Nika (though I don't understand why she has an American accent).

Saw it coming too (Incognita was giving enough clues that something in her was going to happen), and I was a bit disappointed: it feels a bit rushed and far less enjoyable than the opening cutscene (less dynamic and Incognita voice is hard to understand for me). Also no more corporations feels like Invisible Inc. wouldn't have a purpose anymore (going against Incognita maybe? but I hardly seen her being a tyrant or something), so I don't understand why they look in the sky with that "we still got plenty of work to do" kind of look.

But I understand the turning point and it seems logical afterall. She just do what she's built for. Also I believe she triggered most of the events that lead to that 72h to get her into centralized SecNet, but I'm not sure.

Well, she clearly uses the corps' resources to start up factory production on some type of drones.  And she was obviously sinister enough to have Invisible Inc. nearly destroyed just to use Central and the Operator as puppets to serve her own ends.

That seems foreboding enough.

/shrug

No way, I believe she just glitched a bit, at start of finale mission, when power goes down and Central make her work again.

But, on the other hand, Monst3r said that "There's a reason you're supposed to reset the damn things every couple of years."  =(

Can we learn more about those Orbital Lasers? I want to know who developed them, why they're up there, how many are there, and what not.

Because I want to know more about this world. Like why Hawai'i is K&O Territory instead of FTM Territory. Minor, pointless tidbits but things I want to know about regardless!

Archived