Is there a way to disable overheating on summer ?

I just didnt like the new version of beta.. they tried to make something new but I hated it. I used a mod to disable it. it works and health is not getting low. but I still have overheating animations and it automaticly disables winter too. I love winters.

Is there a way to disable completely Overheating ???

if not, please someone let me know what to do in summers..

When you generate a new world, there is an edit button that takes you to a customization menu; in there you can set summer to none. I think the developers even included a preset for a world without reign of giants. (though it will still include a few mechanics like food spoiling on crockpots and animals starving)

don't starve..

-------

joke aside.

summer is just like winter, except, it's the opposite of cold and harder (IMO).

what you need to do is exactly the opposite of winter.

when in winter you need to put winter cloths/dress to keep you warm.

bring thermal stone (hot), make fire, etc.

in the summer, you need to put summer dress to keep you cool.

summer vest, floral suit. and you can even use a straw hat to block some sunlight, this also reduce overheating.

or create the ice cube hat. it brings up your wetness tho.

bring thermal stone (cold - put it in freezer/near cold fire).

make cold fire one (Endothermic).

and the most crucial one.

prepare space in your camp for flingomatic.

in summer, your stuff (including building) can set on fire by itself.

and what this new building do is throwing snowball on those stuffs.

also like in winter, where plants stop growing, in summer plants go wither.

this building also throw snowball on those plants to keep them cool and growing

flingomatic got its radius and need fuel to work (shown by the red bar on the flingo).

so be careful, and prepare well on placing your building & garden

as for fuel, you can use log etc such in what you use to fuel camp fire

I just didnt like the new version of beta.. they tried to make something new but I hated it. I used a mod to disable it. it works and health is not getting low. but I still have overheating animations and it automaticly disables winter too. I love winters.

Is there a way to disable completely Overheating ???

When making a new server, go to your settings and turn off smoldering, this will stop overheating for plants and overheating for yourself. The icon for smoldering is a Unfertilized berry bush tree that looks like its smoldering, hope this helps!

My advice could be:

plant some trees in your camp or make some kind of wayside of trees, then you will have always some trees to rest when you are dying because of heat, the trick is to plant trees enough far to don't generate a chain effect in case of fire but enough close to move around from tree to tree.

Make some endothermic fire pits near to the food resources, then you can put your thermic stone in the endothermic fire pit while you hunt or collect food.

The best way to survive to the summer is being ready at the end of the past station.

A easy but expensive way to skip the summer could be sleep in the day and the night with the two tents, you will need more that one of the two types, enough food and a quick distraction for the hounds but this works at least in the single player, in together is more hard because of the new hunger drain rate of the tents and the real time gameplay without skip night I guess

When making a new server, go to your settings and turn off smoldering, this will stop overheating for plants and overheating for yourself. The icon for smoldering is a Unfertilized berry bush tree that looks like its smoldering, hope this helps!

Wait, turning off makes you not overheat? I was pretty sure that setting is only for the wildfires/smouldering.

Why are these posts showing up now? The update for RoG came out a while ago... I was expecting to see tons of these threads then. And I still giggle a little when people call these changes "New". 

Still here's your answer.

Overheating is a part of the game like Freezing, Starvation, Spoilage, and Crock Pot Spoilage you cannot disable them without doing it manually in the games code.

Archived