don't know why that flingomatic can't prevent summer immolation

When I fully recharged that damn machine with fuels and go out a day-work around the world,

and when I came back I only saw these devastation..(facepalm) fuel is still remains about a half.

Is that necessary to have multiple flingomatics to keep dense facilities from fire?

post-577410-0-32422700-1430668685_thumb.

It can't be, one flingo should be able to handle that area especially considering the slow fire propagation in dst. 

Were you playing on a public open server? If yes, maybe someone stopped your flingo, burned everything and put the flingo back on? xD All this while you were away? It's strange because some structures seem to have been destroyed not burned, looking at the resources left on the ground.

It can't be, one flingo should be able to handle that area especially considering the slow fire propagation in dst. 

Were you playing on a public open server? If yes, maybe someone stopped your flingo, burned everything and put the flingo back on? xD All this while you were away? It's strange because some structures seem to have been destroyed not burned, looking at the resources left on the ground.

It's public, but I was the only one who are playing in. I demolished some leftover ashes with my hammer.

Looks like your flingo was in emergency mode. Try turning it on.

What is the purpose of emergency mode?When I turned it on, nothing happened even when items were burning/smoldering.

Also, is it normal for these to spam snowballs all summer? These seem hugely nerfed from DS:RoG

Slow Flash (x2) instead of 2 flingomatics.

And Slow Flash x3 insted of 3 flingomatics for extra comfort.

x5 for very slow men without flingomatic at all  :-)

P.S. Actually there is a bug in the game... many bugs.... So it's normal that it does not work properly.

A single ice flingomatic can protect a lot of stuff.

One of our ice flingomatics is protecting over 120 items, including berry bushes, saplings, grass tufts, a birch tree, and our pet bunnyman (we have the extended map generation mod, which is why we have cave items).  I have yet to see any wild fire do damage to the items.

kz9ZT2y.png

My guess is someone trolled you while you were away. They may have turned off the machine.

No. It's on, and emergency mode = just turn it off.

Emergency mode does not turn it off. Emergency mode sets it to an idle state, but when it detects burnt structures around it it turns on and saves whatever else it can, hence that wierd ass light stickin' out the top.

No login message when I played. Anyway the server is reset now.

A single ice flingomatic can protect a lot of stuff.

One of our ice flingomatics is protecting over 120 items, including berry bushes, saplings, grass tufts, a birch tree, and our pet bunnyman (we have the extended map generation mod, which is why we have cave items).  I have yet to see any wild fire do damage to the items.

kz9ZT2y.png

My guess is someone trolled you while you were away. They may have turned off the machine.

@XirmiX, Because emergency mode doesn't activate it until a few things are fully burnt already.

So... the On option is for while things:

* Are on fire

* Smoldering

* Just before smoldering

* After harvested

And Emergency mode is for:

* When something is on fire already

Is that correct?

But wait... If what you're saying is correct then... People need Flingomatics asap! Because that is what will prevent fire-griefers from burning your base!

Doesn't it quite useless that only activated in already done situation?

I tested to burn a structure on my own hand with 'emergency mode' flingo, but it didn't do any good.

Emergency mode does not turn it off. Emergency mode sets it to an idle state, but when it detects burnt structures around it it turns on and saves whatever else it can, hence that wierd ass light stickin' out the top.

Doesn't it quite useless that only activated in already done situation?

I tested to burn a structure on my own hand with 'emergency mode' flingo, but it didn't do any good.

At least it saves some of your stuff. It only activates after multiple structures burn near the flingo.

It's okay. I think stuffs with multiple smoldering/fire seems cannot suppressed by just one flingo.

When the wildfire begins, a flingo tried to cover all the fire but cannot speed up its rate of snowball distribution so the fire seems eventually devastate all. Now in current version Dev guys said they buffed flingo somewhat so I lean to that announcement.

Whoops, misread the comment. Nevermind. 

Archived