Tier 1 spider eggs transform into spider queen and leave another nest in its place!!

Its normal, the giant spider is an enemy.

Yeah, we uh... we know that. The question is, we were led to believe that the spider queen was only supposed to pop out of level 3 spider dens. But she's popping out of level 1 spider dens.

I've currently got two spider queens meandering about my map right now that I have made several failed attempts at harassing to death. I'm taking a break for now, but when next I boot up Don't Starve, I'm going to spend a couple days collecting reeds and capturing red birds so I can light them on fire until they are crispy.

They said it happens if you didn't update your game and your still on an old world the spider cycle is all messed up if you don't start a new world with the new update.

Well that makes sense, because that's exactly what I've done.

That is nothing

I destroyed a Level 1 Nest with a hammer

The queen Spawned out of its position a few second after I destroyed the nest

When it Spawned it also spawned a Level 1 Nest

SOOooo... that was odd

I think this takes the cake for weird **** regarding spider nests

That is nothing

I destroyed a Level 1 Nest with a hammer

The queen Spawned out of its position a few second after I destroyed the nest

When it Spawned it also spawned a Level 1 Nest

SOOooo... that was odd

I almost had this happen to me. I just killed a level 1 spider den and then what was left of it suddenly sprouted legs and got up, but then magically disappeared immediately thereafter.

I destroyed a level 3 nest after killing all the spiders, showed the nest being broken apart, then a spider queen spawned and a level 1 nest was left with the spider queen wandering around.... THEN the level 1 nest dissapeared... Yea old worlds are rather glitchy.

Yeah I've had this happen to me too. You stumble across a den... it's level 1 so you walk up to it to farm some silk and meat and BOOM dat queen comes out of nowhere. I find the spider infestations to be a particularly annoying thing to deal with. Most games I try to build up a couple of spider eggs then go on a crusade to wipe out all spiders just because I don't like how quickly they expand into a map.

Yeah I've had this happen to me too. You stumble across a den... it's level 1 so you walk up to it to farm some silk and meat and BOOM dat queen comes out of nowhere. I find the spider infestations to be a particularly annoying thing to deal with. Most games I try to build up a couple of spider eggs then go on a crusade to wipe out all spiders just because I don't like how quickly they expand into a map.

My spiders haven't been multiplying very much. I've eradicated all the spiders in the biome that I call home, and I have them relegated to the marshlands, one of the rock biomes, and one of the graveyards on my map. I tend to kill every spider queen I see, however, and I also destroy any spider dens that pop up on the normal paths I take to go get stuff in other biomes. Pretty much just a little pest control here and there and I keep them in check pretty easily.