Is it overpowered to be able to move fast?

Alright, so I have a ton of mods, and out of all of them, the one I worry is the most op is a speed amulet, it makes you run double the speed of the walking cane, but its expensive to make, but I have things that would be considered more overpowered than that, such as a log club etc, what do you guys think? I need your opinion on it. 

I need your opinion on it. 

Of course it is. Being able to avoid literally any enemy is one thing, but being fast enough to kite enemies without getting hit is.. Waay off the line.

Unless of course you also have a drawback to boot...

let's say... it drains your heath 5... or 10 hp/sec and while worn reduces its durability by 5... maybe 10 sec too...

O__O

Let's compare default ol' Wilson to swag pimpcane Wilson. The former is pretty bad at fighting Tallbirds, giants, etc. But the latter can even dodge most of those between hitting them. In fact, the walking cane is just not good enough to allow smoothly dodging any creature in the game (unless you cover the entire area in cobble).

Now look at Wilsonic and tell me how he isn't OP, being able to run in and out before the foe could even just react.

It would only be balanced if the item had a huge negative consequence IMO.

To make up for x2 speed, I'm thinking -2x damage and slight passive sanity loss.

Still overpowered as all hell, you're able to avoid any conflict any time you choose.

It would only be balanced if the item had a huge negative consequence IMO.

To make up for x2 speed, I'm thinking -2x damage and slight passive sanity loss.

-2x damage? That'd just make it more OP, you could heal your followers with it! :p

Let's compare default ol' Wilson to swag pimpcane Wilson. The former is pretty bad at fighting Tallbirds, giants, etc. But the latter can even dodge most of those between hitting them. In fact, the walking cane is just not good enough to allow smoothly dodging any creature in the game (unless you cover the entire area in cobble).

Now look at Wilsonic and tell me how he isn't OP, being able to run in and out before the foe could even just react.

'scuse?

-2x damage? That'd just make it more OP, you could heal your followers with it! :razz:

I'm not sure if I follow. How would dealing less damage heal followers?

EDIT: Oh I see. When I say -2x, I meant 50% of the original damage.

Now reading the other posts, I now see what the issue is with the item. To which I say @Asparagus's consequences is probably the best.

I'm not sure if I follow. How would dealing less damage heal followers?

Damage is reducing health, right? e.g. 10 dmg on 50 hp = 50hp - 10dmg = 40 hp

Multiplying a negative number with a positive one results in a negative number. e.g. 10 x -2 = -20

Thus -2x damage would result (in our example) in: 50 hp - (- 20dmg)

Now we have two times negative, which in algebra (as not occasionally in no language) becomes the same as a positive and regular number: 50hp + 20dmg = 70hp

Now that all the BS complicated basic algebra is aside, to decrease numbers, use decimals. e.g. 20 * 0.1 = 20/10 = 2

Methimetrics! It's fun! It's fun nontheless!

Meth in metrics is fun too!

EDIT: Nvm, you realized anyways :razz:

Archived