Dog things

protip:

make a logsiut and a spear, have monster meat at hand. next time they come after you, drop the meat to distract one and poke the hell out of the other one.

That's actually a really good idea, and something i didn't think of. I was just wondering what the point of monster meat was too :3

well, besides it beeing easy to get and good for using it as monsterbait, you can always put it into the crock pot instead of normal, much more valuable meat. Just don't cook it on the fire.

Since im on day 307, i get every 6 days 15+ hounds, i just use my spider farm to get silk to make bug nets and then to catch bees. U can let bees lose, like 20 and the hounds will attack them and all 20 will hit 1 hound and then go to the next hound wich makes for a very easy killing of hounds.

Since im on day 307, i get every 6 days 15+ hounds, i just use my spider farm to get silk to make bug nets and then to catch bees. U can let bees lose, like 20 and the hounds will attack them and all 20 will hit 1 hound and then go to the next hound wich makes for a very easy killing of hounds.

I-i-im not really that good at the game D:

Am I the only one idiot who eats only monster meat and honey? :o

Not really - I eat Monster Meat (Uncooked) from time to time, to sate my hunger. Will take damage, sure, but I know what I was doing, and get my health back up within an in-game day or two.

The damage isn't as much as cooked version.

When there are just two hounds coming at you, there's a better technique than dropping a monster meat to distract one hound while you kill the other. Monster meat doesn't distract them very long, but they don't rush you all at once. Drop one monster meat, and stand CLOSE to it. When a hound appears, attack him! He'll still go for the meat, and you may be able to kill him before he even gets it. But even if you don't, he'll drop a monster meat, which the second hound will go for. Repeat. This works until they start rushing you in groups, but time is a limiting factor, so you need to use a spear or tentacle spike.

When there are just two hounds coming at you, there's a better technique than dropping a monster meat to distract one hound while you kill the other. Monster meat doesn't distract them very long, but they don't rush you all at once. Drop one monster meat, and stand CLOSE to it. When a hound appears, attack him! He'll still go for the meat, and you may be able to kill him before he even gets it. But even if you don't, he'll drop a monster meat, which the second hound will go for. Repeat. This works until they start rushing you in groups, but time is a limiting factor, so you need to use a spear or tentacle spike.

I didnt had a spear at that time, Now i have a new world and am on day 5 now i have a log suit and a spear :D

Oh, take care with the Fire Hound, Wizard bird and any other newbies to the game. When it dies it spawns fire and can burn your whole base if you are not careful.

So, when you see a Fire Hound, lure him away from your base!

Oh god fire hounds D: ?! My base is surrounded in trees thinking i would be safe with a tree barrier.