I'm making everyone a pvp god with this single post. (until a patch)

What are predictions and how do they work?

You know how when you try to kite a pig they manage to hit you from 200m away? Well that's because the location where your character appears onscreen isn't actually where your character is, because the game is trying to predict where you are going to attempt to make the gameplay more fluid.

You can turn prediction off to be able to dodge and attack in real time which is what people do for pvp. You can do so by opening the console and typing: ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction(false)

Every single post/thread you make is agitating everyone, everyone is getting annoyed with your condescending attitude and you keep acting like using commands is cheating when its simply an option given BY the console. You need to stop making these types of threads and actually support DST rather then talk about how "Good" you are at pvp.

You know how when you try to kite a pig they manage to hit you from 200m away? Well that's because the location where your character appears onscreen isn't actually where your character is, because the game is trying to predict where you are going to attempt to make the gameplay more fluid.

You can turn prediction off to be able to dodge and attack in real time which is what people do for pvp. You can do so by opening the console and typing: ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction(false)

But why are there predictions at all in that case? And yeah, I would like to turn off predictions, cause so far I've been unable to dodge enemy attacks most of the time because of the predictions, as it seems.

@XirmiX, When you have it off you might have some issues with your character studdering a bit and mini rubber-banding. It can get quite annoying which is why I only use it to pvp and to kite Deerclops (or other hard mobs). 

EDIT: Here's an example from a video Noob posted 

Every single post/thread you make is agitating everyone, everyone is getting annoyed with your condescending attitude and you keep acting like using commands is cheating when its simply an option given BY the console. You need to stop making these types of threads and actually support DST rather then talk about how "Good" you are at pvp.

This post is great.  90% of the people that like this are Flare's media henchmen/fanboys.  Hard at work to get that Twitch-dontation funded ramen money boys!

SuperPsiPower... So not only do you know what everyone thinks and feels (amazing power in itself), you're telling me what to do cause I'm annoying you.

I have a game for you to play.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/327860/

Don't worry.... be salty.

Don't you think you've pushed it a bit too far with that?

In Psi's defense, you do play like you're helping players (which is true, in some way) but you appear to play it off as if you're a savior, even if his' statement is a tad excessive.

But then again, I'm on neither your side or his' side.

This post is great.  90% of the people that like this are Flare's media henchmen/fanboys.  Hard at work to get that Twitch-dontation funded ramen money boys!

SuperPsiPower... So not only do you know what everyone thinks and feels (amazing power in itself), you're telling me what to do cause I'm annoying you.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

This post is great. 90% of the people that like this are Flare's media henchmen/fanboys. Hard at work to get that Twitch-dontation funded ramen money boys!

Its not even me thats annoyed. Its practically everyone and more then flare's mods. Its really the fact that you talk big and act like you're some god at pvp. Im asking you to stop the "Pvp discussion" threads becaue they are feeding the flames rather then having a more peaceful discussion on the subject of pvp. And more then 5 people can agree with me on this

I have a game for you to play.   http://store.steampo...com/app/327860/

Salt is an open world, procedurally generated, exploration, and adventure game where you are stranded on an island with nothing. Hunger, and pirates threaten you along the way. This sounds like a great game with great reviews! It even won the "Best Exploration Game Award" in 2014. Glad to see you're sharing your interest in survival games with us ;) Ill be sure to try it out.

What I think is happening is that the same 5 or 6 guys that are Flare's friends are spamming my posts with flames.  Scroll through all the posts I've made and you'll see a pattern.

EDIT: This is media warfare 101 guys.  Don't act like you're surprised by this.

Is this thread enough to get AlphaOmega banned? He's broken multiple rules on multiple occasions.

Talk about salty right?

EDIT: All I did was allow everyone to easily use the same tactics as you and your friends use Flare.  You asking if I can be banned just shows how upset you are about it.

Why is PvP even a major thing in Don't Starve. The fighting isn't particularly dynamic, and the only real strategy you can use is kiting and just having better gear, It seems kind of silly.

It's not but I think some people want it to be. Combat in DS is simple and designed for PvE, not fleshed out enough to be PvP like it's Dark Souls or something. And that's fine, because the focus of DS isn't combat and it has other mechanics that are more important. 

The game is clearly designed to have a co-operative focus so I would imagine PvP balance is low priority. 

Not trying to be a snob about it or anything though. If some players want to start up PvP server and whack each other around that's fine. DS is a very customizable game and being able to play how you want is part of the appeal. I just don't think that this kind of thing should be what the developers worry about.

This thread is poo.

Imagine a potential new player comes to the General Discussion forums, and notices that one of the most recent topics is an argument over who uses macros, who's a 'God' at pvp... and other general childish bickering. Do you think they'd want to buy and play the game now that they think everyone playing it 'cheats' and is in denial?

I'm not trying to be rude here, but just stating the obvious... if you wanted to help the game... you shouldn't have made this thread. It'd be wise also to keep petty arguments in private messages, or even better... if there's someone you don't like playing with (or don't like in general), just find another server.

My 1.5 cents.

-Crynux

Archived