I'm making everyone a pvp god with this single post. (until a patch)

If you've ever wondered how the "good" pvp-ers can hit you but you can't seem to hit them, I've posted a fix below.

I maintain my position that real pvp uses prediction enabled on this game.  This means the person with the better timing wins. 

It has come to my attention recently that some people think they are good at pvp because they can push a button faster along with turning prediction off.

I am here to remedy this.  The only way someone will beat you is if you are totally out-geared or if they have powerful ranged attacks and you dont.  This allows you to win in melee combat (and ranged if you have them).

Download auto-hotkey and use this handy script i wrote in 5 seconds:

~LCtrl & f::
  While GetKeyState("f","P")
  {
    Send {f down}
    Send {f up}
  }
Return

If you get a message about you using macros too fast read this post:

www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/62512-permanently-turn-off-that-annoying-hotkey-limit/

When you join a game press ~ and type "ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction(false)"

If you run my above script and turn prediction off you are now pretty much a pvp god.

Enjoy

EDIT: You'll need to just hold Ctrl+F down.  They will be forced to run from you.  If you get a lag spike and they start hitting you just move a little so you are out of range and hold Ctrl + F down again.  Most of the time you will just out-hit them though.

PS: Real men pvp with prediction on.

ppfffft please.  Without the prediction off you can be hit from 5 feet away because you're not seeing what is actually happening on the server until a few seconds after.  Turning it off allows you to attack and dodge in real time rather than to find out 5 mins later you were no where near something.  Otherwise with it on the person with the better ping or connection wins the fight every time.  Way to demonstrate yet again you know very little about DST

Try what I said.  If you know at all how to fight then the above macro is retarded OP.  This is Melee Easy Mode.

Flare2V could not even land a hit against me.  I'll post the video if he disagrees.  I had ~120ish ping he had 30 ping.

This button mashing fighting is stupid and the "remove prediction" console command should be removed from the game.

ppfffft please.  Without the prediction off you can be hit from 5 feet away because you're not seeing what is actually happening on the server until a few seconds after.  Turning it off allows you to attack and dodge in real time rather than to find out 5 mins later you were no where near something.  Otherwise with it on the person with the better ping or connection wins the fight every time.  Way to demonstrate yet again you know very little about DST

I've already explained about adjusting your attack timings based on player ping while prediction is on.  This is the "skill" component.  The video of my fight with Noob shows this perfectly since he had half my ping but was losing in melee before he ranged me.

Either way though, everyone is on the same footing as you guys now so I hope you enjoyed your time on top while it lasted. :grin:

isn't this, I don't know... Cheating?

That's my whole friggen point lol.  You can't tell who's running these macros.  Everyone you thought was good at pvp in this game was a lie.

All i did was bring it out in the open after i learned about it cause i thought it was lame.

I became salty after you started changing your script to kill everyone because you couldn't bear the fact that you got owned first round.

I got owned in the 2nd round actually, and that was when I was not using this script.  I wanted to prove a point after I found out about about the lame tactic the "good" pvp'ers were using.

The fact you said I was using it to kill everyone proves my point lol.

I got owned in the 2nd round actually, and that was when I was not using this script.  I wanted to prove a point after I found about about the lame tactic the "good" pvp'ers were using.

NOONE in the tournament had their script changed. They almost all had prediction off and the host recommened to do that at the start of the game, you should have done the same. As ClownBaby said, this allows you to dodge and attack in real time. 

NOONE in the tournament had their script changed. They almost all had prediction off and the host recommened to do that at the start of the game, you should have done the same. As ClownBaby said, this allows you to dodge and attack in real time. 

All this does is turn pvp into a button masher.  Use my script.  Report back.  It's no-skill.

As I said to clownbaby, if you are good at estimating the prediction system you can do fine whatever your ping is (as long as it's not 500 or something).  Watch the video I posted of my prediction-on fight with local noob.  He was half my ping and could not hit me.  Your whole point about needing to have prediction off to do well is false.

I understand what you're talking about though which is why prediction-on takes skill.

I've already explained about adjusting your attack timings based on player ping while prediction is on.  This is the "skill" component.  The video of my fight with Noob shows this perfectly since he had half my ping but was losing in melee before he ranged me.

Either way though, everyone is on the same footing as you guys now so I hope you enjoyed your time on top while it lasted. :grin:

This is the skill component for you. For me, the skill component is prepare in an etc number of days, and whatever hacks you create, i'll beat your face with my inventory full of armor and 80 blue caps. It's really subjective, if you think fighting the latency along the player is better because that's the only thing you are good at, don't make it a fact for everyone.

PVP in this game isn't this simple, who sees the ping better, who can smash the button faster. It counted in the arena we did because it wasn't an actual don't starve fight, it was just a smackdown. It did not include all of the components of the game. At the end of the day, everyone plays the way they want.

I don't like smashing buttons either, but then again, I can't bring back forcefeeding.

Melee is a big component for pvp in this game.  If you can't hit me in melee then you are at a major disadvantage and are forced to use either blow darts, sleep darts, etc.

Usually, melee attacks do the majority of damage in fights.

It will be interesting to see what happens when more people start using these macros.  I expect you'll have some excuse then too when you die.

It is, melee pvp is ruined until they remove the prediction-off feature.

They're not going to... they're going to expose it as an option you can set in the GUI.

You're attempting to construct a slippery slope here, but it's pretty clear where the line is.

Edit: Past experience has shown that having a conversation with you is not productive, so this will be my only post.

This is more for pvp fighting, so you're not going to get the apparently smooth movement as you do with movement prediction turned on.  Try to fight someone in this mode with my macro and it will blow you away.

You could make another macro to enable / disable this mode so you can only turn it on during combat.

... so you could hit F1 or something to enable this setting by Sending ~ then sending the command to turn it on and you could have F2 turn it off.

You'll have to look into the scripting tutorials for autohotkey but it's not that hard to do.

Just use WASD for movement with your pinky on Ctrl and hit f when they come at you during a fight.

Archived