I hope you do this idea

i think if died you respawn and get your suff back not dead means dead thats will make the game so so so so freakin' AWESOME so yeah please do it because i died 3 time and the second one i had alot of good items and then i died and i pissed off really

Guest Dandytard

Now now, Not everyone's native language is english, Science, And I think it was obvious what the OP meant. Well, Majed, You can create two items which will revive you if you die. One is an amulet you can even find in graveyards, And will revive you if you wear it. ( Only one use) . The other one is a meat effigy.

Wait what? Mind typing in proper English? because Im having a hard time interpreting what you're trying to say.

I think he is saying he wants us to keep all our items when we die and start a new game. If that is the case then I hope nobody listens to it.

Instead of just dismissing it, give it a little merit.

You want to respawn instead of die, right?

Well, then what challenge is the game?

It goes from "Hm... can I kill that tallbird?" into "Doesn't matter if I die, let's get it ON!"

The difficulty of the game goes down dramatically.

This roguelike-esque part of the game is one that makes it much more difficult. It's also very appropriate.

Why is respawn appropriate for minecraft?

The game is not pure survival. It is more creative than survival. People work hard making large intricate structures, which they'd hate to lsoe.

Why is it not appropriate for Don't Starve?

The IS pure survival. Updates aren't centered around helping you make an awesome base. The updates are centered around making it harder for you to even HAVE a base. As such, if you die it's not the end of the world. You didn't just like 5 months of laboring work to make an exact replica of the Eiffel Tower. You can make that base AGAIN.

I would never use this option but if it was really easy to do perhaps implementing it as a difficulty option wouldn't be a bad idea; we wouldn't be forced to use it and the choice is there for people who perhaps aren't willing to restart every time. (I admit, I can't understand how this would be any fun for anyone but 'to each his own' I suppose)

It'd have to be really easy to implement though since if it took development time away from the core game it wouldn't be worth it.

Edited by Ickorus

Guest Dandytard
Neither is mine, maybe that's why I had such a hard time trying to understand it, seeing that you lot could read it just fine.

You meet alot of people similar to this fellow when you're on the internet. You get used to it, really.

Doing this would totally destroy the spirit of the game... if you want something more "noob friendly" you should try minecraft perhaps, it's got a similar feel to this game, but if you die, it doesn't really matter much.

I'm pretty sure they won't implemente this, but I hope they don't even consider it...

Also, even if English is not your native language (it's not mine either) if you want to post something and be taken seriously, at least TRY to type somewhat correctly... you might mix words, but things as punctuation, or sentences with some coherence are common in every language... you don't need to know English to do that properly.

Edited by Louen

Actually, I think this idea may work, in a way. With improvements!

If you consider the world of Don't Starve as a single, passing entity (with your map), this can become either an easier, or a harder, game.

Firstly, all actions you did before your character died in that map becomes a permanent change done to that map - Every Boulders you cracked, every tuff you burnt, every structures you built - they all exist in the next character you bring into the map. However, the map explored is wiped (as the next character has never stepped foot into that island before).

Secondly, your dead character is dead, for that particular map. All the items dropped by that character will remain beside his/her corpse (which you can examine, but unable to do anything). As a player, you can return there to pick up the items (for your character, he/she just found someone who had died on that island).

Third, this should be a toggle option before the creation of a new map. You can play as per normal, like right now, or you can choose to play "Round Robin" manner. This option will disable Meat Effigy and Tent. Amulets are still available to use, as all characters can use them.

What do you guys think? I think Rayze Darr's Fan Fiction - "Don't Starve" Program is affecting this train of thought.

I believe it could be made a matter of choice, an easy mode for people like the OP who enjoys it more like this and a hard(er) mode for people who like to have at least a little bit of a challange. There is no one "right" answer to this suggestion. I have seen people disliking the idea of making games easier since they invented three lives instead of one in a video game.

This idea would never work , The whole point of this game is to be cautious and use your instincts to survive , having an easy mode just means that you take most of the strategy out of the game. Die? Well i just re spawned so who cares? I can go kill a spider queen again , and again , and again.

It would also completely discard the plans of Maxwell.

I like the idea of a round robin mode where you are in a map with a random character and when you die you get a new one from the roster. This could be a fun mode and you could have a leader board for length survived as each character on the same island.

I wouldn't want this to be the only mode, it would just be an interesting mechanic you could choose to play.