I'm in an even more unsinkable boat right now. I've got more food than I could ever possibly eat. Doesn't matter though. I'm committing suicide and creating a new world once the update hits later today.

On an unrelated note:

Chesska will you be my gurfren'?

I'm in an even more unsinkable boat right now. I've got more food than I could ever possibly eat. Doesn't matter though. I'm committing suicide and creating a new world once the update hits later today.

My ship is unsinkable entirely. Nothing can get to me because my camp is strategically placed around a hole in the ground that keeps enemies from getting to me.

s5rgE.jpg

The only enemies that would be an issue at all would be hounds, and since I live right next to a huge stretch of Beefalo land, that's trivial as well.

On an unrelated note:

Chesska will you be my gurfren'?

Depends on how much you pay me.

While I agree that food is to easy to get someone once said that, if you starve in a game called don't starve, your doing it wrong.;) A statement I tend to agree with.

I've never died of Starvation.

Nearly died when I had literally 36 spiders and a Treeguard on me this playthrough, but I managed.

The only enemies that would be an issue at all would be hounds, and since I live right next to a huge stretch of Beefalo land, that's trivial as well.

Hounds are a laughable threat once you're as set up as I am, what with all my tentacle spikes, logsuits, and football helmets. I can drop a mob of six of them at once and take minimal damage.

Depends on how much you pay me.

I have to pay? My charm isn't good enough?

I've never died of Starvation.

Nearly died when I had literally 36 spiders and a Treeguard on me this playthrough, but I managed.

The point is that, the game is called don't starve not, I starved again. I just don't think it should too hard to find food, there needs to be time for other things.:)

Hounds are a laughable threat once you're as set up as I am, what with all my tentacle spikes, logsuits, and football helmets. I can drop a mob of six of them at once and take minimal damage.

You have to use logsuits and football helmets? Strafe and kite, dude. I've never died to the hounds, not even on my first encounter with them when they sent 3 after me and there were no beefal

I have to pay? My charm isn't good enough?

Your charm is mediocre.

Besides, isn't this something you should ask a person in private and not in public where everyone will point and laugh as they watch how silly I look bickering with you?

The point is that, the game is called don't starve not, I starved again. I just don't think it should too hard to find food, there needs to be time for other things.:)

The difficulty of the game is tied directly to your intelligence.

If you play smart and with the goal of survival in mind, you'll survive.

If you mindlessly run around whacking spider nests and starting massive forest fires, you have a small chance of dying.

Not that there's anything wrong with mindlessly starting fires, of course.

9jKgz.jpg

You have to use logsuits and football helmets? Strafe and kite, dude. I've never died to the hounds, not even on my first encounter with them when they sent 3 after me and there were no beefal

I probably don't NEED armor, but I wear it anyway.

Besides, isn't this something you should ask a person in private and not in public where everyone will point and laugh as they watch how silly I look bickering with you?

If this were a serious come-on, probably, yeah.

But isn't that the overall goal in life, to humiliate others? I mean, this is the internet after all.

either way, I wish that there simply were no renewable food resources. Killing a particular animal multiple times would reduce their numbers, food takes weeks to regrow, ponds will eventually dry up, etc. That way, the player always has to adjust their strategy when the old dries thin. And you might say then one can't survive forever. Totally necessary, because if there is one single renew food then the game becomes a turtling excecise as it is now.

But as it has been said before many, many times in this forum, winter is coming. Plus Kevin mentioned before the possibility of food spoilage.

Edited by Sliver

Yeah, right now, it's too easy to keep yourself fed once you're settled in. Food is extraordinarily plentiful.

However, I eagerly await the day when not starving becomes an increasingly difficult task. I have faith that the devs have some plans up their sleeves, especially with story mode. Go through a portal and get dumped in a world with few resources and a barren landscape on which farming is impossible? I'd welcome a challenge like that with open arms.

Currently you just need a bunch of farms, some manure, seeds and you are golden by planting those seeds. If you have a bird in a cage you can even make a pumpkin field, so yeah, not much risk of starving. With the upcoming spiders I expect to die a fair bit more though.