A must add - Teleportation System

yes because im sure this game developers plaid over and over and reached day 300-400, and they spend 4 hours to reach now the resource location and come back. Teleport its a must have, if i knew they dont want to put a teleport of some sorts in this game i would of not get it, its fun, but as long as you play casual and die. It starts to get annoying, boring, to make a trip that lasts hours in real life just to take some resources. Poor game thinking. And if anyone starts saying something about the realism, dont get me started on the meat effigy k? if you wanted to make the game a survival than that would not be in the game and we all had like a high score as how much we survived. Waiting for a few new releases if nothing that helps us reach FAR away destinations, and i mean far like i said hours!!! of walking, looting, sleeping untill getting back, than im sry but im selling this game, not worth it. When a game stops being fun and becomes just boring and tedious ... than....

yes because im sure this game developers plaid over and over and reached day 300-400, and they spend 4 hours to reach now the resource location and come back. Teleport its a must have, if i knew they dont want to put a teleport of some sorts in this game i would of not get it, its fun, but as long as you play casual and die. It starts to get annoying, boring, to make a trip that lasts hours in real life just to take some resources. Poor game thinking. And if anyone starts saying something about the realism, dont get me started on the meat effigy k? if you wanted to make the game a survival than that would not be in the game and we all had like a high score as how much we survived. Waiting for a few new releases if nothing that helps us reach FAR away destinations, and i mean far like i said hours!!! of walking, looting, sleeping untill getting back, than im sry but im selling this game, not worth it. When a game stops being fun and becomes just boring and tedious ... than....

Hours in real life? That's a rather large exaggeration. If you could just teleport back to your base, it would take away the whole risk of getting home before dark. You could just set up more bases around the island, it gives you something to do, and there is a difference between being realistic and being in keeping with the game's theme. Teleporters are space age, Don't Starve is not.

Yeah but that stuff is fitting with the game, whereas teleportation system is fairly space-agey.

I am neutral on the teleportation idea, but I think you don't have enough imagination on the subject. If this game was space-agey the meat effigy would be some kind of frozen clone. Likewise if this game isn't space-agey the teleportation device would be made from sticks and stones(in appearance) and is powered by straw/hay/tallgrass(or something), or it can be a magic circle powered by raw monster meat. The possibilities of making a teleportation device is not limited to a space age genre but also magic and the incredible sciences of the gentleman scientist who makes highly technological items out of scrap materials found in an uncivilized island!

I'm sorry. Just, no. It really doesn't fit, even if it was a scroll, magic clothes or what have you. Even if it is a one time use, built with a load of resources. Nope.UNLESS, it is an item like a shrine/spire that spawns during map creation to teleport to a secluded plot of land that is not connected via land bridge. THAT would be interesting. And you can use it only once per day.

Edited by FaithSDK

I am neutral on the teleportation idea, but I think you don't have enough imagination on the subject. If this game was space-agey the meat effigy would be some kind of frozen clone. Likewise if this game isn't space-agey the teleportation device would be made from sticks and stones(in appearance) and is powered by straw/hay/tallgrass(or something), or it can be a magic circle powered by raw monster meat. The possibilities of making a teleportation device is not limited to a space age genre but also magic and the incredible sciences of the gentleman scientist who makes highly technological items out of scrap materials found in an uncivilized island!

It's not so much what you make it out of, but the actual concept of it. Effigies and the concept behind them have existed for centuries, whereas teleportation is still a relatively new idea. That being said, it isn't my main objection to teleportation. My main objection is that it would remove a large part of the game's exploration and risk. If I was being chased by hounds or trying to get home before night falls and I could just step in a teleporter and bring myself to safety, it completely removes the danger and would make survival far more easy, which is something I definitely don't want. It would also remove the majority of your interactions with the world outside of your camp as well.

It's not so much what you make it out of, but the actual concept of it. Effigies and the concept behind them have existed for centuries, whereas teleportation is still a relatively new idea. That being said, it isn't my main objection to teleportation. My main objection is that it would remove a large part of the game's exploration and risk. If I was being chased by hounds or trying to get home before night falls and I could just step in a teleporter and bring myself to safety, it completely removes the danger and would make survival far more easy, which is something I definitely don't want. It would also remove the majority of your interactions with the world outside of your camp as well.

Well I believe I read something about not being able to teleport if you are being attacked, but I agree with you on the part of taking away from the majority of your interactions in the world.I'm still neutral but if the world gets any bigger then a way to travel faster might be a solid idea(teleporting is one). Lets say capturing spiders(Or something fairly crazy, I saw a suggestion for a starved unicorn somewhere) and tying them to a chariot.

I have an idea that uses teleportation, but is costly and not to easily. No, you don't need, like, 20 gold and **** like that to build it. You only need 1 rope. It is the Noose! One use, and it teleports you to the nearest crumbs of a Meat Effigy! (In other words, suicide so you can fast travel to a meat effigy.) See, not making it hard with resources, but instead with a decision. Should I just save 4 days time and save a meat effigy, or am I too lazy and feel smart enough to survive without for awhile? Very good solution, yes? Actually... I think I have a suggestion thread to post now.

I think man-made bridges should be implemented, but it's just me.Teleportation is too luxurious, in my opinion. This game is too easy to have more helpful items.Also, we still haven't found a way to teleport in real life. I don't think that Wilson is an inventor, he's more of an obsessed scientist.

I think man-made bridges should be implemented, but it's just me.Teleportation is too luxurious, in my opinion. This game is too easy to have more helpful items.Also, we still haven't found a way to teleport in real life. I don't think that Wilson is an inventor, he's more of an obsessed scientist.

The definition of a scientist is someone who wants to learn about the laws of the world(curiosity), and accidentally invent things. Applied scientists are people who want to invent items and accidentally learn about the laws of the world. I don't think Wilson is a obsessed scientist by definition. Maybe a mad engineer, technician, machinist, or something along those lines.So uh... This is school right?... No?.... Oh...

The definition of a scientist is someone who wants to learn about the laws of the world(curiosity), and accidentally invent things. Applied scientists are people who want to invent items and accidentally learn about the laws of the world. I don't think Wilson is a obsessed scientist by definition. Maybe a mad engineer, technician, machinist, or something along those lines.So uh... This is school right?... No?.... Oh...

Well his title is 'The Gentleman Scientist', which suggests he is possibly a Scientist.

Kevin has already hinted that Wilson might not be a legitimate scientist, at least as far as the rest of the scientific community is concerned.

Wilson self-identifies as a scientist. I'm not sure the rest of the scientific community would agree with him.

I have an idea that uses teleportation, but is costly and not to easily. No, you don't need, like, 20 gold and **** like that to build it. You only need 1 rope. It is the Noose! One use, and it teleports you to the nearest crumbs of a Meat Effigy! (In other words, suicide so you can fast travel to a meat effigy.) See, not making it hard with resources, but instead with a decision. Should I just save 4 days time and save a meat effigy, or am I too lazy and feel smart enough to survive without for awhile? Very good solution, yes? Actually... I think I have a suggestion thread to post now.

This would be perfect! But you would keep your items, right?

My suggestion (well, it was mentioned before) is a tunnel system. One that doesn't save in-game time, but it saves YOUR time. Time will pass just as it would while walking on the surface.Then you can build another little camp there, and you got your checkpoint.I kinda dislike those loooong waaaalks where i just press one button until i am there.