The Meat Tree

The meat tree would be a tree, just like any other. Except this tree grows slabs of meat. That's right, not your rinky dinky little morsels, but full on pieces of meat.

Okay, what's the catch?

1.) You find one per world, which makes it pretty rare.

2.) You get one meatcone when you cut it down, meaning you can only ever have one tree in existence.

3.) You get more meat the bigger it is.

4.) The bigger it is the more likely it is that hounds will spawn.

It would work sort of like shaving a beard.

You plant the sapling and dig it up within 15 days and you get two or three morsels of meat and no meatcone.

You cut it down and dig it up between 15-30 days and you get two or three slabs of meat and one meatcone.

You cut it down and dig it up after 30 days and you'll get about 10 slabs of meat and one meatcone.

As for the hounds, after 15 days hounds become more common.

After 20 days hounds become more common, AND you get an extra hound.

After 25 days you get two extra hounds

After 30 days you get two extra hounds and a hellhound for every visit.

This tree would be susceptible to burning, so you'd have to be very careful with it. It would provide you with an extra source of food at the cost of more fighting.

So each 30 day tree would give you two and 1/2 effigies of meat, which isn't bad considering 16 days gives you two effigies of hair. This deals with the problem of pigs getting more rare over time.

Perhaps the pigs could also eat the tree if they got near it, making it an even rarer resource.

I like this idea cause not only did you put a weird do able concept out there but you also put in a system that would make it less susceptible to exploitation. Bravo *hands Luna lovecraft the smarty pants award and an early xmas gift of 2 pigs and 3 singing bunnys *

Sounds interesting. Reminds me of when farms where first introduced, where you could grow 2 meat on the meat turbo farm if you planted 1. That was really OP.

But interesting as it is, do we really need more ways of getting food? I think is pretty easy as it is.

PS: Also, we already have a meat tree, is called Tree Guardian :D

Sounds interesting. Reminds me of when farms where first introduced, where you could grow 2 meat on the meat turbo farm if you planted 1. That was really OP.

But interesting as it is, do we really need more ways of getting food? I think is pretty easy as it is.

your right but we do need more ways of attracting dogs I'm at day 110 and still no dogs at all

I totally forgot about the meat farms… Brings back memories. And I don't think it should drop a seed, I think it should be a stationery item.

I actually like that more. It gives a reason to have a base in the forest.

Currently:

1.) Base in the meadow, tons of poop.

2.) Base in the grassy area, tons of rabbits.

3.) Base in the rocks, tons of eggs.

4.) Base in the forest... tons of... trees? That you can plant anywhere else? And be EXACTLY the same?

You could cut it down and it would become a stump, and then that'd grow up. It'd encourage movement.

This is good, mayb you could make it possible for hounds to eat the meats off the tree and possibly the whole tree get taken down, leaving NO saplings remaining. It is pretty much like defencing the tower but with good rewards and a risk involving it.

It would be so funny to have a pig village nearby it and once in awhile they will group up and attack it.. lol

This is good, mayb you could make it possible for hounds to eat the meats off the tree and possibly the whole tree get taken down, leaving NO saplings remaining. It is pretty much like defencing the tower but with good rewards and a risk involving it.

It would be so funny to have a pig village nearby it and once in awhile they will group up and attack it.. lol

Dunno about that. Kevin has made it pretty clear he does not like turtling, and that kind of threat to the only meat tree on the map would undoubtedly cause people to turtle around their meat tree to keep it alive.

What if the tree wasn't a tree it was some sort of creature that could move like it would stand up on it's roots and walk away it would prevent turtling and would make it more of a challenge to keep this free food availible.