Different type of suggestion! Get rid of the piracy of the game thats on youtube!

There are quite afew people on youtube offering pirate download links to the game for free :(

As the copyright holder of the game you should contact youtube and get these removed. It doesnt take long :)

You should also contact the download site that is hosting these illegal files for a removal, a longer wait but still worth it. It is sad to see this game being easily available to pirates for free.

Guest Dandytard

It's too easy getting Don't Starve pirate version, Youtube isn't even needed. You can't also stop pirating no matter what you tried, As shown by the Assassin's Creed developers. You think Piratebay will care what a small company says about stealing their game? If Valve can't scratch piracy, Neither can Klei.

Its abit like saying you will never stop pickpockets and not doing anything to make life harder for them...

Im not suggesting that you can ever stop piracy im just saying that right now its to easy. Anyone who searches youtube to find videos on the game will quickly see where they can download the game for free. To change this would take less than one hour with the system youtube have. Seems to me this would be an hour very well spent.

Guest Dandytard

So the developers should take their time AWAY from developing a game just so some people wouldn't see pirate links on youtube, And end up going on piratebay to torrent it anyway? Waste of time in my opinion. They'll just end up delaying updates, Or if trying to implement a piracy-proof system, might screw over the people who bought the game.

The game is still on beta, piracy is not a huge problem yet; I mean, Klei was offering a free copy of the game for each bought, they are still on the "increasing awareness" phase, and even then it's a bit Soon.

And yeah, fighting the pirates isn't really worth it for single player games, it's just bound to happen no matter what.

Heres a link that shows the links im talking about, some in the search are not anything bad but the majority are.

The report to youtube process is fast and easy but it has to be done by the owner or company whose product is being effected.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dont+starve+free+download&oq=dont+st&gs_l=youtube.1.0.35i39j0i10i3j0l8.1561.2602.0.4964.7.7.0.0.0.0.97.566.7.7.0...0.0...1ac.1.P7MYBROmPsc

Guest Dandytard

We possibly couldn't keep up with the sheer amount of the youtube videos being made about Don't Starve. Want them removed? Be my guest.

I don't know how old is the OP, but his/her enthusiasm about stopping DS piracy sounds very silly. Come on, not even Microsoft who has money coming out of their ears, can't stop thievery on the net. We can only hope that these thieves realize what they are doing is wrong. But like a poster already mentioned, not all the "pirates" are scumbags. I've met many people who actually buy games after they pirated the game. Others pirate games that are completely inaccessible in their obscure little town.

Of course, I'm not condoning people to pirate games, even with understandable excuses, but what I'm saying is that not all pirates are scumbags who just steal for the sake of stealing.

Btw, I think talking about piracy in all manners in the forums, should be deleted like in many other forum policies. Otherwise, we'll get more than what we bargain for, and the loser at the end of the day, might as well be the developer themselves.

Edited by Lorca

You could also go and report the videos for being inappropriate. I also don't think voting it down is going to do anything, if the link works the link works, and thus it will be used.

Allthough i agree with the admins i also agree with dandy, you can't stop pirating but you can try.

:)

making a save game based on cloud only would ruin piratebay, the game has to stop launcing on crome and only on steam and make save game not file wise but cloud wise so you need internet and steam connection to save your game witch will ruin the piracy so bad because you cant save the game anymore then.

I don't know how old is the OP, but his/her enthusiasm about stopping DS piracy sounds very silly. Come on, not even Microsoft who has money coming out of their ears, can't stop thievery on the net. We can only hope that these thieves realize what they are doing is wrong. But like a poster already mentioned, not all the "pirates" are scumbags. I've met many people who actually buy games after they pirated the game. Others pirate games that are completely inaccessible in their obscure little town.

Of course, I'm not condoning people to pirate games, even with understandable excuses, but what I'm saying is that not all pirates are scumbags who just steal for the sake of stealing.

Btw, I think talking about piracy in all manners in the forums, should be deleted like in many other forum policies. Otherwise, we'll get more than what we bargain for, and the loser at the end of the day, might as well be the developer themselves.

Im probably old enough to be your parent. You need to reread my post. I am not saying anyone can stop piracy. I am just saying that it wouldnt take long to squash the download linking videos on youtube that people will see just by searching for the game title.

"We need to stop piracy of DS, oh btw here is a link to how you download it for free"

Thank you for the laugh :)

You have given me a laugh , anyone can find this by simply searching for the game on youtube....

- - - Updated - - -

making a save game based on cloud only would ruin piratebay, the game has to stop launcing on crome and only on steam and make save game not file wise but cloud wise so you need internet and steam connection to save your game witch will ruin the piracy so bad because you cant save the game anymore then.

At last a sensible reply...this would seem the way forward for the devs :)

to a lot of people piracy is just a buyers remorse safety net, if devs make good games with real effort into them they get bought because people will want to support them so they can get more quality games in the future, and that includes a lot of the people who pirate them first.