What justifies reporting a server?

i just had a thought while browsing through servers, when I re-noticed the "Report Server" button.

I suddenly had questions that needed answering so I went here to search for any specifics on the "Report Server" button but came up empty. and so...

What justifies reporting a server?

I'm sorry if I didn't know the answer to this question, and if there is already an answer lying around somewhere in the forums. I'm sorry that I probably didn't have the proper search terms.

Search terms used: report, reporting, server, button

Summary of what replies below, THINK would justify reporting a server: 

• Servers that are full of cheaters, spammers, advertising anything that would go expressly against Klei Entertainment policies
  • Any form of actual harassment
  • Tricking people to download content, by lying about what they were downloading

The lines above are not the words of kleientertainment on the specifics about what justifies reporting a server, so please bear that in mind when considering the statements you read on this thread for reporting a server that you think should be reported

==================================================================================================

Update: (10/31/2014)

JanH replies to the thread on (10/27/2014): Hey everyone, the intended purpose for the Report Server button is for reporting bad server names. Hope that helps.

A perfectly reasonable question.

My guess would be servers that are full of cheaters, spammers, advertising anything that would go expressly against Klei Entertainment policies.

( Just to make something up, someone offering a hacked version of Don't Starve/RoG/Invisible Inc, so on so forth.....)

A perfectly reasonable question.

My guess would be servers that are full of cheaters, spammers, advertising anything that would go expressly against Klei Entertainment policies.

( Just to make something up, someone offering a hacked version of Don't Starve/RoG/Invisible Inc, so on so forth.....)

That does seem like a good angle to look out for when judging whether to report a server or not. 

Thanks for the input silent.

People trash talking you in chat, I imagine. And by trash talking I mean actual harassment. 

If the one of them is the host of the server, I understand this line of thinking.

Thanks W.

I'm going to keep naming my server youtube.com/3eetle and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, unless a youtube channel in question doesn't actually have DS gameplay. Which you do, so that's perfectly fine. I think.

Here's a good example of a reportable server:

Name: [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] WITH [CENSORED]

Description: [CENSORED] [CENSORED]

Seen something that like, maybe I should have reported that, but somehow it's still hard to judge whether something is censored e.g. cussing, derogatory words, etc.

Hopefully klei points out the specifics about reporting a server.

Thanks for the input nonetheless!

Archived