The Beard

I was sitting around the camp fire one night, looking at wilson and his glorious beard. I thought it would be hilarious if his beard could set on fire.

One reason some players say this game is so easy is because the meat effigy is easy to obtain. One way to prevent this is to make a beard harder to keep. My suggestion is to allow beards to catch fire and burn off if you got too close to a fire. Also mobs in the world should have a random chance of ripping off wilson's beard to the previous stage during an attack.

Hah, I agree wholeheartedly. Also maybe make it more likely to combust the closer to the fire you are, the bigger the flames and the bigger the beard to keep it fair?

Giving the Razor durability would be nice too, it doesn't really need to be indestructible due to its relatively low cost and specific usage.

Personally I'm not a fan of this idea - the one thing that doesn't hurt you in the game is your own campfire. Do you really want to take that one comfort away? Plus, enemies endangering the beard would discourage people from exploring versus sitting in their camps ("I've had this beard for 2 weeks now, there's no way I can go out now...")

I do like giving the razor durability though. I use it somewhat frequently - going on late-night shaving raids on beefalo with the miner's helmet. Beefalo fur makes really good fuel for the fire and lets you save your wood for construction. Plus it's really funny to see all the sad beefalo in the morning.

It is a good idea, but then how would people be able to cook in their campfires without having a fiery beard?

Maybe it could take a couple of seconds for the beard to catch fire?

Like 30 seconds on stage 1 and the largest fire

15 seconds on stage 2 and 5 seconds on stage 3? I mean, in the end the beard IS pretty long... maybe one should think about reducing Wilsons movement speed on beard-stage 3, since he might be tripping over it occasionally. :p

ByMonkeyman611

Also mobs in the world should have a random chance of ripping off wilson's beard to the previous stage during an attack.

Beware of the mischievious, sharp shaving, shpiderrsh....they shave you in your sleep. I'm not sure if the implementing of danger to your innocent beard would be appropriate to make the game more difficult.

Once you have access to a tent , Meat effigy's are no problem , just start as wendy and kill some (not all) beefalo's with the ghosts sinse they won't attack you and they die without running after you , after use the tent and turn into wilson , grow a beard and all thats left is to turn all the wood you collect into planks.

If the beard can catch on fire it should not from the campfire. You will burn if you get close to something burning like a tree on fire. But you will not burn if you walk over the campfire. This mechanic should stay if beard burning became a thing. Taking fire damage from something on fire would burn the beard, but your own campfire should never burn your beard.

Dude, something similar to what you guys want happened. Day 17, time to cut it, and somehow when it fell in clumps my fire went haywire and ALL the hair on the ground was set afire, plus a nearby bee hive (was able to save theh oney and comb lol)