♪its raining FROGS..? WTF?! ♪ ITS RAINING FROGS! help me! ♪♪

naimo

as the title suggest its raining frogs... on my base.. help? theyre to many for me and abigail to handle,

* about 10+ of them landed on my honey factory, and men its an action movie, like i was cheering "kill them all, sting the hell out of them". my bees are safe but my base is crawling with frogs. any idea how to deal with them easily?

*abigail the 2nd just died so, chester, my fatflyer and me are all alone.. and fyi abigail the 1st is not a good hitter.. 

rabbit traps. .or attack one and then run into bees, they all follow you...

if no bees or any help just attack 1, and run away from base, you should take them all with you.

seriously? ok ill try luring them,, but how about their reinforcement? i mean they keep falling down or they will ALL follow me?

rabbit traps? like a hundred of them? 

seriously? ok ill try luring them,, but how about their reinforcement? i mean they keep falling down or they will ALL follow me?

rabbit traps? like a hundred of them? 

If you hit one frog. all frogs in a certain area will try to kill you. so use that in your advantage, you don't need to fight them, just bait them out of your place.

try to take them into beffalo or pigs or bees or something, with traps it will take a while to kill them all.

like 10+ on my bee farm,, and another 10 on my base... -_- i did modify the map size but not the raining frogs... but its all taken care now.. thanks, but my bee farm is a mess so many bee sting on the floor, i cant even burn those things to remove it, and every time i try to harvest honey... abigail tend to kill them all, well of course shes protecting me but shes just putting more trash on the ground and and will basically result to her DEATH, then the hounds will come and im defenseless :(((

i wish abigail had an interface command like, defensive - aggresive -  idle you know what i mean?

anyways, got any idea on how to harvest honey without upsetting the bees? i have 5 farms and theyre all placed closely together

damn dude, how many frogs? I didn't had this problems for ages... maybe because I never stay in base, or I stay like 2 days to drop things..

you modified world settings?

what you doing? roaming?

which do you prefer going under or going adventure? your advice for me..

Best thing to do when it starts raining frogs is to treat it like a (miniature) giant and run far from your base. Let the frogs drop and when it stops go back home. There will be a few frogs there but nothing you can't handle with a few rabbit traps. If you have a large Beefalo herd you can always run there and have meat and frog legs for days.

But most importantly... Get away from your base!

I just have several traps ready. Catch, collect and repeat. Free food for days. Don't attack them, just get them to, follow you into the traps.

If at night, make a torch (several if needed since raining) and leave. As you progress later in game, things like miner helmets will replace the torches. 

And the wall strategy absolutely works (but I hate walls because too many things try to ram them into destruction, hound corridor of death tooth traps exempted.)

Like others said, just leave your base when it starts frog raining.  Take them somewhere useful.   I like to bring them to the McTusk camp.  McTusk will almost always aggro them and if not him, then his hounds.  They'll make short work of him and his minions.  If you get enough of them around, he can't run because they're everywhere.  Frogs don't even eat meat, so you can pick up the meats without worrying about them eating it. 

Like others said, just leave your base when it starts frog raining.  Take them somewhere useful.   I like to bring them to the McTusk camp.  McTusk will almost always aggro them and if not him, then his hounds.  They'll make short work of him and his minions.  If you get enough of them around, he can't run because they're everywhere.  Frogs don't even eat meat, so you can pick up the meats without worrying about them eating it.

How does that work when McTusk is in winter, and frog rains in spring?

i just use a few traps to clear out my base. Wait till night time then just put the trap right on top of the sleeping frogs. Collect the loot, and repeat, dont need a trap for each frog. Most annoying thing about them is when they spring all of your toothtraps imo.

Archived