Cannibalism will be a thing?

Well.. im new so how am I supposed to know?

Normally, by reading the previous posts and searching (like I've mentioned on most of my replies to you regarding new posting.) Being new does not give you the excuse of not reading what was posted before.

This is exceptionally true for Pinned posts/FAQs which are DONE for people getting new information. 

But on this one situation, it was not easily searchable, so notice I didn't make an issue about doing so in my previous reply. 

Many tribes are involved in ritual cannibalism, in others the shaman will get high on mushrooms found in the jungle, and voices will tell him to kill and eat the brain of a fellow tribesman.

It's commonplace in places ignorant of the social norm, plus pigs and spiders do it. It's all over the place in Don't Starve!

For something that's so "dark and controversial", it's really active in the game to the point where it would be biased against humans if it were not to be implemented. ;)

Many tribes are involved in ritual cannibalism, in others the shaman will get high on mushrooms found in the jungle, and voices will tell him to kill and eat the brain of a fellow tribesman.

It's commonplace in places ignorant of the social norm, plus pigs and spiders do it. It's all over the place in Don't Starve!

For something that's so "dark and controversial", it's really active in the game to the point where it would be biased against humans if it were not to be implemented. ;)

This goes to show that cannibalism isn't the disgusting, off-putting thing, just the thought of human meat... bitten by hungry teeth, and swallowed.

I personally don't even shiver.

If I was a spider: A tiny rabbit, just a morsel. A man-sized pig, a regular meat chunk and some leather. A human, nothing at all? The heck?

Yeah, it's really only the society we've been brought up in that views it as a heinous act.

Although, society's actually right on this one. Despite that it's possible to do it, it can actually be very detrimental to one's health - so don't eat your dead pal IRL, please.

Have a wee look at this to read an article about the health effects.

That said, I reckon it should be implemented; however, as others before me have stated on previous threads, sanity should take a HUGE knock, and health should have a random chance to be cut, too (you don't always get sick from cannibalism!).

Please note: I don't condone cannibalism, and you should never try it.

But if you do, please tell me how it tastes...

For science-y reasons....

Archived