[Open Discussion] The Prancing Pony

by the way would it be okay if I took a more Wade-like approach (looking for reported issues) with my testing due to my time constraints? since I don't often get the chance to run about and try everything anymore

Of course we don't mind, we could definitely use a Wade around here. :razz:

This is a great mod and i interested in have it, somebody can tell me how i can get it (without steam please).

Nice Work.

Here's a packaged version. Please report any bugs you find, and remember that the mod is in prealpha still! There's a lot of work-in-progress placeholder stuff.

To quote someone who has a doctorate but writes children's books for a living;

"If you have brains in your head and feet in your shoes, you can accomplish whatever you choose."

That's a lie.

Well that's one productive converation. :p

Anyways Pecival, feel free to help in any way you can. Even bug testing is extremely helpful.

UpAndAway-prealpha.zip

Not sure where to post this, but i don't understand how to interact with the bartener...i brought him a herd of beefalo with the horn, i tried giving him a horn, a beefalo hat, wool etc...but i just cannot interact with him in any way. ''playing with a controller'' is this the reason why?

Not sure where to post this, but i don't understand how to interact with the bartener...i brought him a herd of beefalo with the horn, i tried giving him a horn, a beefalo hat, wool etc...but i just cannot interact with him in any way. ''playing with a controller'' is this the reason why?

You should talk to him with beefalo following you (provided the beefalo are not too far from him). A controller shouldn't make a difference.

You did talk to him the first time, didn't you (when he gives you the quest to bring him beefalo). If you can't talk to him at all, then it might be an issue with controller interaction.

You should talk to him with beefalo following you (provided the beefalo are not too far from him). A controller shouldn't make a difference.

You did talk to him the first time, didn't you (when he gives you the quest to bring him beefalo). If you can't talk to him at all, then it might be an issue with controller interaction.

adter he gave me the quest i cannot talk to him anymore, beefalo or not, there is only inspect and attack.

Another Tula video:

adter he gave me the quest i cannot talk to him anymore, beefalo or not, there is only inspect and attack.

I'll see if I can figure out the issue. Could you try it without a controller, to see if that's the cause of the issue?

Another Tula video:

I'll see if I can figure out the issue.

I wonder what version she is using.

It seems she's doing a legitimate playthrough, too, so we can definitely gleam some useful feedback from this one as well.

I wish I spoke Polish. :p

I wonder what version she is using.

It seems she's doing a legitimate playthrough, too, so we can definitely gleam some useful feedback from this one as well.

I wish I spoke Polish. :razz:

According to the Google-translated video description:

Today we begin a new series with Don't Starve Reing of Giants together with our little shepherdess Winnie :-) We're playing well at the fashion Up and Away and at some time we will look at the peak of beans, which I hope you like it :-)

Feel free to watch and comment :-)

If you liked it, leave paw up, it will be nice to meet you :-)

One one hand, I'd kinda prefer she'd wait until alpha is released to it'd be more polished. On the other hand, it's great feedback.

JarDev posted a "Ask Us Your Questions!" video, and out of the 12 questions 2 are asking him to do an U&A series :razz:.

(and one of these is the top voted question, with 2 votes :razz:)

That's pretty encouraging. :p Really, all of these videos are encouraging.

I'd be fine with JarDev doing a series of it. That be better feedback than Tula's (which isn't bad feedback at all, but it's in another language, which cuts down on its usefulness.)

That's pretty encouraging. :razz: Really, all of these videos are encouraging.

I'd be fine with JarDev doing a series of it. That be better feedback than Tula's (which isn't bad feedback at all, but it's in another language, which cuts down on its usefulness.)

A series also gives us the chance to show off any changes we make to art and things, I suppose.

Another Tula video:

I'll see if I can figure out the issue. Could you try it without a controller, to see if that's the cause of the issue?

mmmh, that's weird, i tought i mentioned that i tried with keyboard. Anyway, i tried and it was the same.

Maybe it's a mod that's causing the problem, i have to try without any mods.

Okay, i think i found the problem...i feel like an idiot, he won't talk to me if i have a weapon on me...lol

But, when talking to him with a controller, the camera almost always gets stuck to the zoomed in with no hud and i cannot quit the game but i can still play, and it makes me realise how great things look at that angle lol

Archived