Roleplaying Servers to Be a "Thing"?

Maybe this is just me, but does anyone else think we'll be seeing a good amount of roleplay servers?  Where someone is dedicated to every specific character you can play as, and then they have to act like them and such?

"Wilson"- Yoyo!

Of coarse, such servers would most likely have a limit of 11, so everyone is assigned to a specific character with no copies, I presume.  As new characters are added, then maybe the roleplaying servers would look for more people to fill in the slots?

Of coarse, such servers would most likely have a limit of 11, so everyone is assigned to a specific character with no copies, I presume.  As new characters are added, then maybe the roleplaying servers would look for more people to fill in the slots?

Branching off of this I think it would be hilarious if one or two characters received unique filters to fit their speech quirks. This probably wouldn't be implemented to any extreme, like substituting words you type, for example if Webber players had their text replaced, using stuff like "Doggies" instead of "Hounds", Wendy may replace any positive word you type ever into something glum and depressing, yeah, way too much to implement.

But that's not quite what I was thinking, what I'm thinking is primarily aimed at WX and Wigfrid, them having the most consistent speech quirks. I'd like to see anything I type in as WX become ALL CAPS, even if I was using lower case letters, so it looks like I'm always yelling in a commanding robotic voice, and Wigfrid of course would have her umlauts replacing all of your typed O's with Ö's. Probably better that it's an optional feature, like Wigfrid's umlauts themselves, in case people don't want to constantly be CHATTING CALMLY WITH OTHERS IN THIS FASHION, Ör getting Öut Öf hand, knÖw what I mean? But it could be neat, if only for Wigfrid since unless you set your keyboard for it or have one that features them you can't easily type out umlauts. It would help fit into the character's personality is all I'm saying.

It's still fairly alive on Tumblr, but I don't know how suited the actual game will be for it. Standing around typing doesn't sound like my idea of a good time in DS, but whatever honks your horn/giant Goose/Moose hybrid. 

FTFY

To me any server will be a roleplay server, I'll always stay on character for as long as I can, IT WILL BE A TEST OF MY AMAZING PERFORMANCE SKILLS!!!

It worked! i believed you were a real ham on that respon...

*whispered to*

*Whispers back a little too loudly*

What do you mean he's not acting right now?!

...uhh, nevermind, nothing to read here! Move along....

Archived