Maybe you could just see a black mist around the player in darkness. Or, since it -seems- to be that Charlie hats being seen rather than the light (Werebeaver nightvision and moggles aren't actually providing light), if someone with the moggles on has someone who's not wearing them on the screen, that person is also protected.

Maybe you could just see a black mist around the player in darkness. Or, since it -seems- to be that Charlie hats being seen rather than the light (Werebeaver nightvision and moggles aren't actually providing light), if someone with the moggles on has someone who's not wearing them on the screen, that person is also protected.

I think the mist makes sense because charlie is a mystery and should never be seen as being the night monster, but I don't think it would be fair to have someone with moggles/werebeaver vision to be able to protect possibly several people. I think the mist would be a good idea.

How about whenever Charlie attacks the unfortunate player, the screen flashes into complete darkness for a couple of seconds. 

Or a circle of total darkness appears around the poor fool. "a couple of seconds" just seems too long, half a second at most, I'd say.

I think the mist makes sense because charlie is a mystery and should never be seen as being the night monster, but I don't think it would be fair to have someone with moggles/werebeaver vision to be able to protect possibly several people. I think the mist would be a good idea.

Why should it be not fair? If you want to die due to Charlie you can easily walk out of the screen ... and die.

Remember that the non moggle/werebeaver players still can't see anything so they don't know where the other players are except they are constantly chatting. So if you are moving you can easily get out of his view range or the werebeaver could just move on and let you die. You won't have a real chance to follow him in complete darkness as long as he wishes to maintain stealthy.

Also keep in mind, that complete darkness is draining your sanity extremely fast. So if you aren't just fooling around with Charlie and the nightvision system, you won't be able to defend yourself against shadow creatures because even a torch isn't available for you.

I would rather see it as a nice gag, being able to dance in the darkness and Charlie is only supposed to watch you lollygagging.

Look up.

Just because you don't have a light source doesn't mean you should see anything. Yes, players with nightvision have lots more available to them (moggles/the wearbeaver form as you stated) but in reality, we all know you can't see anything in darkness so for players with nightvision looking at players in complete darkness means you're looking at someone get hit by nothing because nightvision blocks out darkness. Charlie is technically the "Darkness monster" who is made up of darkness and basically as I said, Charlie would be invisible to players with nightvision and so this means you'd not be able to see her looming around other players.

Just because you don't have a light source doesn't mean you should see anything. Yes, players with nightvision have lots more available to them (moggles/the wearbeaver form as you stated) but in reality, we all know you can't see anything in darkness so for players with nightvision looking at players in complete darkness means you're looking at someone get hit by nothing because nightvision blocks out darkness. Charlie is technically the "Darkness monster" who is made up of darkness and basically as I said, Charlie would be invisible to players with nightvision and so this means you'd not be able to see her looming around other players.

I don't think Charlie is pure darkness because you can see it all around your campfire but Charlie doesn't want to be seen. So she must have some kind of physical form. --> Charlie is only acting in the shadows.

I don't think Charlie is pure darkness because you can see it all around your campfire but Charlie doesn't want to be seen. So she must have some kind of physical form. --> Charlie is only acting in the shadows.

If Charlie was "acting" then why would she hit you on purpose? And even still you would hear her or see traces of her. And even still I'm okay with you thinking Charlie is acting but even still I'm stating facts. Charlie basically is the darkness since we only see her in darkened areas (like Caves, Ruins and every phase of the moon besides a full moon.) 

If Charlie was "acting" then why would she hit you on purpose? And even still you would hear her or see traces of her. And even still I'm okay with you thinking Charlie is acting but even still I'm stating facts. Charlie basically is the darkness since we only see her in darkened areas (like Caves, Ruins and every phase of the moon besides a full moon.) 

As far as I know: <to act = to do something OR to pretend> The way you use "acting" confuses me, since it suggests pretending (rather than doing as is the previous post)

We do hear her, that is right, and it doesn't mean anything regarding her visual or physical form.

I've never seen traces of Charlie, the concept is that you don't see her.

And we do not see her in darkened areas. That's the whole point of darkness.

A bat outside your window can't be seen due to the darkness but you can still hear it. The same occurs with Charlie. Only because you can't see her doesn't mean she is the darkness, same like a unseen, noisy bat isn't pure darkness.

Charlie doesn't like to be seen! (I know I am repeating myself but this is the core sentence.)

So it must be possible to see her if she wouldn´t retreat immediately. Otherwise this sentence would be senseless.

Why wouldn't you like to be seen, if it is impossible to see you at all? As I mentioned above this sentence would also be nonsense when Charlie would be the darkness itself because then she would be seen all the time around you campfire. And even without a light source the only thing you can see is darkness assuming that the only thing you see is Charlie which she is really trying to avoid.

.... and I don't like the thought of running around IN Charlie.

"Hey Chester! Hold the position at the campfire, I'm going for a walk inside Charlie."

A bat outside your window can't be seen due to the darkness but you can still hear it. The same occurs with Charlie. Only because you can't see her doesn't mean she is the darkness, same like a unseen, noisy bat isn't pure darkness.

Charlie doesn't like to be seen! (I know I am repeating myself but this is the core sentence.)

So it must be possible to see her if she wouldn´t retreat immediately. Otherwise this sentence would be senseless.

Why wouldn't you like to be seen, if it is impossible to see you at all? As I mentioned above this sentence would also be nonsense when Charlie would be the darkness itself because then she would be seen all the time around you campfire. And even without a light source the only thing you can see is darkness assuming that the only thing you see is Charlie which she is really trying to avoid.

.... and I don't like the thought of running around IN Charlie.

"Hey Chester! Hold the position at the campfire, I'm going for a walk inside Charlie."

You know what, I'm not going to continue to make reasons. I respect your opinion, you should respect mine.

I think the person in the darkness shouldn't be attacked, so long as they're immediately within the other person's view. If they were to leave the view for even the smallest amount of time, they would be hit by Charlie. This would make using one pair of moggles for two people impractical, not only from the immense sanity loss of one person, but the severe punishment if you make a mistake, the inability to see for one person, and the inevitable onslaught of nightmares if you use this method too long.

I think the person in the darkness shouldn't be attacked, so long as they're immediately within the other person's view. If they were to leave the view for even the smallest amount of time, they would be hit by Charlie. This would make using one pair of moggles for two people impractical, not only from the immense sanity loss of one person, but the severe punishment if you make a mistake, the inability to see for one person, and the inevitable onslaught of nightmares if you use this method too long.

This Dr. Who Weeping Angels "Don't Blink" thing is so revisited again from this. 

Archived