if you don't like the idea, don't post, simple as that.

This is kinda stupid. This is a forum, people should be allowed to post their opinions on whatever they want, be it against it or not.

I don't believe in censorship.

If you don't like the idea, you should post too, just constructively and politely. Same for those who don't like nay-sayers, so keep that civil and descriptive too...

i mean, just look in the comments, please, just do it.

Usually the topic should recieve a poll when it is a question of preferance (that's what polls are for). In this case, however, it's supposed to be a collection of ideas.

Since the topic has shifted a lot, it may be wise to add a poll now, if that is even possible.

And yeah, I couldn't have said it better than truthseeker: as long as you add to the discussion and politely respect the others, it's fine to post your opinion.

Have you heard of Austrias new internet censorship? No. Not even the internet providers did XD

This blank space is suspiciously off-topic. Can we please have ghost-Wes hold a balloon? Pretty please?

Eh not really for it, like why would he be a balloon? Is he actually the soul of a balloon trapped in a mimes body? Why not just do this for everyone? Why isnt willows ghost just  a fire? Or wolfgangs dumbbells or something?

Balloons can't speak. Wes can't speak. 

497319835.gif?1326737536

Usually the topic should recieve a poll when it is a question of preferance (that's what polls are for). In this case, however, it's supposed to be a collection of ideas.

Since the topic has shifted a lot, it may be wise to add a poll now, if that is even possible.

And yeah, I couldn't have said it better than truthseeker: as long as you add to the discussion and politely respect the others, it's fine to post your opinion.

Have you heard of Austrias new internet censorship? No. Not even the internet providers did XD

This blank space is suspiciously off-topic. Can we please have ghost-Wes hold a balloon? Pretty please?

on this forum:

if you say something that other people don't like, they shower you with nonsense.

thanks for nothing, guys.

on this forum:

if you say something that other people don't like, they shower you with nonsense.

I don't know what side you're referring too but heres my take.

Im posting here because if this idea gets nothing but praise, ya know they consider putting this in the game.

I don't want to see this in the game, I want a Wes ghost. Besides there's no ryme or reason to the idea or the supporters, really all the "its wes! he sucks!" and the "LOL SO FUNNY" don't seem like soild reasons to add this to the game.

Well Wes sucks right? Why doesn't he just die and not come back at all? the person playing him booted from the server? Thats what you get for playing Wes!

Or the funny take on it, why not just make Wes a balloon all the time? That would be pretty funny right?

Just

give me a single reason, storywise or gameplay wise, why Wes turns into a balloon in this situation, and not a a make up set or a set of high pants. Because those have just as much correlation to him as balloons do.

Because I don't want the devs to work for no reason if they dont have to, even for something small like this they could use their time doing something else.

^ The only reason I can think of it possibly canonically working is that it's another punishment from Maxwell, probably for getting out of the first imprisonment. Even in death, he cannot escape the hatred. Or being trapped in something. Maybe he's a tiny ghost in a balloon. 

Why a balloon and not say, a toad, I can't really say. 

I mean as much as I like the idea and think it's one of those hilariously cute things, I can't say I can see it having a good reason for getting in. 

^ The only reason I can think of it possibly canonically working is that it's another punishment from Maxwell, probably for getting out of the first imprisonment. Even in death, he cannot escape the hatred. Or being trapped in something. Maybe he's a tiny ghost in a balloon. 

Why a balloon and not say, a toad, I can't really say. 

I mean as much as I like the idea and think it's one of those hilariously cute things, I can't say I can see it having a good reason for getting in. 

If you all are complaining listen to his idea: ''The only reason I can think of it possibly canonically working is that it's another punishment from Maxwell, probably for getting out of the first imprisonment. Even in death, he cannot escape the hatred. Or being trapped in something. Maybe he's a tiny ghost in a balloon.''  Well? Any agreements?

on this forum:

Okay, I'm sorry to be blunt, but if you cannot take criticism, do not post any ideas ever.  I have always been extremely irritated by people who say "If you don't like my idea, don't post".  This is a forum.  The point of its very existence is to discuss.  Not everyone is going to like your idea, no matter how great or wonderful it is.  Please learn to take people's comments non-personally and with an open mind before posting your next idea.

Okay, I'm sorry to be blunt, but if you cannot take criticism, do not post any ideas ever.  I have always been extremely irritated by people who say "If you don't like my idea, don't post".  This is a forum.  The point of its very existence is to discuss.  Not everyone is going to like your idea, no matter how great or wonderful it is.  Please learn to take people's comments non-personally and with an open mind before posting your next idea.

and please think before you say something.

again! nonsense!

i'm sorry to tell you, but, babies act like that. :I

and please think before you say something.

again! nonsense!

i'm sorry to tell you, but, babies act like that. :I

If you want to try to convince people you're right, personal attacks are not the right way to do so.

Ive actually got a great idea for a comprimise

If Wes' ghost possesses a balloon, he just becomes a balloon like in the suggestion.

There now everyone can be happy.

Except that Wes is the only one who can make balloons to begin with...

What's wrong with a lil' balloon sprite floating around his ghost? It wouldn't change any gameplay, it wouldn't remove the current Wes ghost, and it would add this ridicliously funny idea.

Except that Wes is the only one who can make balloons to begin with...

What's wrong with a lil' balloon sprite floating around his ghost? It wouldn't change any gameplay, it wouldn't remove the current Wes ghost, and it would add this ridicliously funny idea.

Yeah but Im just saying, if you blow up a couple of balloons for your camp and you can just go back and haunt them, making it more of an easter egg instead of a quote unquote "feature" that actually adds nothing to the game or its story.

Also I never said anything about a floating sprite? But now that you bring it up I think I would find it annoying. And I dont think it would be ridiculously funny. 

And again as Ive said before in other posts, there's no reason for Wes to be special and not the others as well. And even if you were to say "Oh maxwell cursed him", for this, it wouldnt make much sense for your concept. Oh yes Maxwell has cursed him to have a balloon in the afterlife, that seems like a positive thing for Wes.

But everyone's adamant love for the hilarious idea is what prompted me to post that compromise in the first place. Im honestly kinda annoyed by this thread, because its just so...useless to me. If you're really gonna try to push visual changes, there needs to be more that you're pushing. If you feel the need to change one ghost you need to change them all so that the theme is preserved, because as it stands there's no reason for the ghosts to be more visually different then what we've seen. If Wes looked exactly like another persons ghost I could understand this thread. Even just "add it because story reasons" seems like a pretty flaccid argument at this point.

I have nothing but faith in the devs to make any changes they see fit, but still doing something like this effectively adds nothing to the game, takes away a ghost design that had nothing really wrong with it to begin with, and only reenforces what we already know (that Maxwell doesn't like Wes, if we go by those suggestions) Just doesnt seem like something they'd do unless it was done differently

Sorry this is long but just coming back to this thread doesnt feel nice or in the spirit of all the well thought out and structured suggestions that this forum has a lot of, because if now we're just throwing out suggestions that mean nothing game wise and have no substance and only change a sprite- I want Woodie to have pink hair, make it happen Klei, because PLOT and it would be realllllly funny because hed have pink hair! LOL

I guess Im just being stubborn here, but I really would like the suggestion quality to go up is all. No offense to the OP, just add more and really sell it as a thing that needs to happen is all.

Yeah but Im just saying, if you blow up a couple of balloons for your camp and you can just go back and haunt them, making it more of an easter egg instead of a quote unquote "feature" that actually adds nothing to the game or its story.

[lots of stuff I skipped :-P]

Convinced now.

Archived