So, one of the things I'm looking forward to most in DST is the ghost mechanic, showed off in this video by Klei:

Dead players turn into ghosts, which can move very fast and "haunt" items.  Haunting a Meat Effigy/touchstone will revive them, and there is chance that haunting anything else will set it on fire.

So these are my ideas for the player ghosts.

Visual Changes

When playing as a Ghost, the game goes black and white, and all sounds will become muffled and quiet.  The insanity whispers will play quietly in the background.  Upon reaching the second stage of Ghosting (Get to that in a minute), all sound is nigh-muted except for the insanity whispers, which get louder.  The colors become darker and almost the entire screen blurs.

Gameplay Changes

Haunting

Instead of creating real fires when Haunting things, it will instead create an "Ectoplasmic Fire" that will provide a small bit of light and won't spread to other objects.  Haunting Resource engines has a 20% chance to make them able to prototype a wider variety of things. 

Stages

The first stage of Death is pretty much just the normal ghost mechanic as it is now, except with the changes listed above.  However, you can still die in this mode, which sends you to the next stage.  While like this, you can no longer die and go to a lower stage, but you can only haunt Effigys and even this will only bring you back to the first stage.

I'll write more when I have time.

Visual Changes

When playing as a Ghost, the game goes black and white, and all sounds will become muffled and quiet.  The insanity whispers will play quietly in the background.  Upon reaching the second stage of Ghosting (Get to that in a minute), all sound is nigh-muted except for the insanity whispers, which get louder.  The colors become darker and almost the entire screen blurs.

NO NO NOOOO no no

One of the many reasons I don't play Don't starve much now, the insanity visual changes. I literally can't play because it causes me physical pain to look at it, and I can't just stop playing and be better. Oh no no I am now stuck with a migraine for the rest of the day if not days.

Especially that last part, seems like it would cause so much trouble with people who have vision problems.

Nah I can't support that at all.

NO NO NOOOO no no

One of the many reasons I don't play Don't starve much now, the insanity visual changes. I literally can't play because it causes me physical pain to look at it, and I can't just stop playing and be better. Oh no no I am now stuck with a migraine for the rest of the day if not days.

Especially that last part, seems like it would cause so much trouble with people who have vision problems.

Nah I can't support that at all.

Not to mention the lag I get on my weak computer from insanity :C

So, one of the things I'm looking forward to most in DST is the ghost mechanic, showed off in this video by Klei:

Dead players turn into ghosts, which can move very fast and "haunt" items.  Haunting a Meat Effigy/touchstone will revive them, and there is chance that haunting anything else will set it on fire.

So these are my ideas for the player ghosts.

Visual Changes

Gameplay Changes

Haunting

Instead of creating real fires when Haunting things, it will instead create an "Ectoplasmic Fire" that will provide a small bit of light and won't spread to other objects.  Haunting Resource engines has a 20% chance to make them able to prototype a wider variety of things. 

Stages

The first stage of Death is pretty much just the normal ghost mechanic as it is now, except with the changes listed above.  However, you can still die in this mode, which sends you to the next stage.  While like this, you can no longer die and go to a lower stage, but you can only haunt Effigys and even this will only bring you back to the first stage.

I'll write more when I have time.

Don't see anything that I disagree with so... sure!

Archived