Webster [New Character Concept]

Hello! So me and a friend of mine were talking of potential characters that could be added. We figured it would be cool to have a character with extra item slots (specifically 2 extra.)

BlackDunceHat-79395-98834.png

Guess I should format this stuff now.

NAME

Webster the Kleptomaniac.

ABILITIES

- Will automatically pick up nearby items that don't require the gathering/crafting animation

- Has 2 extra inventory slots

BACKSTORY

Webster was always greedy from a young age, taking toys from other children and stealing from the cookie jar. As he grew, be became more and more daring, eventually stealing from stores and banks. But the more he took the harder it was to hide his newly obtained treasures, as he held on to every last one.

So, what do you guys think of the character/art?

In the opinion of the Tentacled One, I doth state that the draw-backs are much extreme when brought in comparison to the benefits. Combat with a great quantity of spiders would always result in fatal death, as Webster would be far too preoccupied with his greed for webs (pun doth be intended) to combat the rest.

I state that such avarice should only be acted upon when near items of great value.

Such as the metal gold, or compulsively stealing from graves when a shovel is in hand.

In addition it would only be logical for the horned beast of winter, Krampus, to be neutral or allied towards webster. As there doth be honor betwixt fellow theives.

• Like 1

In the opinion of the Tentacled One, I doth state that the draw-backs are much extreme when brought in comparison to the benefits. Combat with a great quantity of spiders would always result in fatal death, as Webster would be far too preoccupied with his greed for webs (pun doth be intended) to combat the rest.

I state that such avarice should only be acted upon when near items of great value.

Such as the metal gold, or compulsively stealing from graves when a shovel is in hand.

In addition it would only be logical for the horned beast of winter, Krampus, to be neutral or allied towards webster. As there doth be honor betwixt fellow theives.

Sorry, I wasn't too clear on the ability. What I meant was, like how horatio_svetlana phrased it, that he would work like a vacuum: when picking up stuff he wouldn't have to stop to do the pick-up animation, rather he'd keep moving (being a thief for that long hes bound to have learned to steal stuff on the go.)

Also, compulsive grave robbing? I like it!

As for the Krampus, I don't quite see it that way.[GAMEPLAY MECHANICS SPOILER]

Seeing as he spawns as a result of killing too many creatures, so I think he'd see you as more of a murderer after that.
But I do see what you're getting at and it could work. It would depend on what the devs want though, and that's assuming they decide to put in Webster or someone similar.
WHAT'S IN THE BAG?

Judging by the size, it could be nothing, or something lightweight and possibly on the long side. One things certain though, he will be taking something tonight.

Looks like a male version of catwoman, minus the cleavage.
I would rather have cat woman.... she is gorgeous in that skin tight get up.

You guys are making me want to draw things! But I must finish an assignment first.

I think he should also move faster than the other characters, so he can run away very well. Maybe lower attack to make him a real coward?
I also like the idea. He could move in a sneaky way. Fast but silent.
Quite interesting idea, I would suggest that Webster had indeed a slightly faster running speed, however with a tad smaller HP, since he is the skinny type, say 80, 75 HP. :cool:

Yeah, that seems rather fitting for Webster. How fast though, as fast or slightly faster than say, a Tallbird maybe? Would that be too fast? And if he's silent, then perhaps he can sneak up on the jackalope and birds (provided they are looking the other way.)

Also I suddenly thought of something else, this isn't related to the gameplay but for what he says for the campfires, if its really low light for example he can say something along the lines of "They'll never see me!" while if it's bright he can go "I'll be spotted!"

I also could't stop my hands from interpreting the stuff.
rimg0259.jpg

Hello, the name ist Webster. Nice to meet you. Yes it's a sack, how do you know it.

rimg0262x.jpg

Todays work done.

Aw, he looks adorable in your style! :D

A mobile vacuum cleaner with the morals of a theif and the strength of cracked glass with the form of a human and the legs of a jackrabbit.

This summarizes him up nicely

Maybe make his bag a possible melee weapon with damage scaling on how much and how heavy the stuff in your bag is?

(Quite a bit of coding would be on that though...)

Also to pair with the ability to sneak up on small animals, maybe he could sneak up and literally pop them into his bag?

(And I do mean pop them in live not dead)