My intense dislike for Don't Starve t-shirts

The t-shirts currently on Fangamer.net are disappointing. They look like they were copy-pasted (in the most literal sense).

ds-alone_main_1024x1024.jpg?v=1366581311

ds-hands_main_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=13665798

Compared to the other works of Don't Starve, they are especially lazy.

tumblr_mm945sjWcU1s8bb9go1_500.png

dont-starve-update.jpg

H92TrKa.png

cave_copyfc1cf9.png

So yeah. I agree, more t-shirts please (specifically t-shirts that aren't disappointing).

I was underwhelmed by the Don't Starve t-shirts, I decided to buy this instead.

My reasoning? Well, the t-shirts are just disappointing. I'm not here to bash Klei because I can, I'm doing it because I find the t-shirts genuinely lukewarm. Compared to the other t-shirts on fangamer.net, it's a complete disgrace. They're so undeserving that I tried to prevent @Problematicr from completing his Don't Starve collection.

The current designs suck, and that's my firm opinion. The first design is taken from an old wallpaper, and the second design is copy-pasted from the forbidden trailer. Both designs only focus on Wilson, and I think that's wasted potential.

As I have detailed in the quote above, I think that Klei can do better. The current ones are not worth $22.

I don't think there is anything wrong per say with the shirts we have now, as it is always nice to have, er, logo shirts?

But yes, I am sad that there is only these for offer. I love creativity, and to see such a creative game have such uninspiring shirts is rather a let down. 

What did I just watch?

*can't stop laughing*

You watched the creation of high art.

But yeah, those T-Shirts look pretty much like a cop-out.  It's kinda sad that they couldn't create two new pieces of art for them. 

Maybe this happenned to Klei's artist.

Wow! I bet that's how Klei makes them too!

Yeah, the T-shirts really aren't very exciting. I mean, I like the Wilson-being-stalked one, but not enough to spend 20+ dollars on it. Especially because I've already used it as a desktop background. Making T-shirts with unique designs would probably make them more appealing.

Well, I think Klei will bring us some new T-shirts and new things soon (in any moment), after all Klei is trying to send and end all orders its campaign Chester (Don't Starve Chester Plush), so I would like to see is New T-shirts with the characters, Specially "T-shirts with the giants", etc. 

I hope so!

I know we can count on Klei, and Klei has our support on everything!

Well, I think Klei will bring us some new T-shirts and new things soon (in any moment), after all Klei is trying to send and end all orders its campaign Chester (Don't Starve Chester Plush), so I would like to see is New T-shirts with the characters, Specially "T-shirts with the giants", etc. 
I hope so!
I know we can count on Klei, and Klei has our support on everything!

Yes, more T-shirts :D

Gee, I thought the Klei shirts were pretty cool. I would love to obtain either one.

They aren't the most flashy things, but most people in my life don't know what don't starve is.

Wearing the birds and bees shirt would be the most random thing to for me to have, people might give me a strange look when I have a picture of a lumberjack with a sly look on his face, and I could think of a weird joke for the cave shirt too.

The two Klei shirts would work well for me because I can flat out say, "Its a game with monsters" or "He is a video game character that was tricked by a demon". 

While I would always enjoy more T-Shirts, I think it is rather strange to knock these shirts so bad. One might even say snobbish  :emmersed: 

Tears are streaming down my face from laughing so hard. You know how to make a point.

I find myself agreeing with Snob. I think what we mostly want is to show other people how awesome this game and fanbase are. With such an artistic game, there's a lot of potential for cool designs. I'm anticipating any future plans.

I don't mind the Hands of Darkness one, but it would be better I think if the hands came from the back of the shirt and looped around, with Wilson taking up more than just the chest. Course, that might make it look like the hands are coming out of your underpants, but who knows with some people now days... 

I've thought about designing one myself for Redbubble or whatever, but I don't actually know anything about it. Maybe it's time to look into it... hum. 

Personally I generally hate T-Shirts which is disappointing since companies rarely make merchandise for long-sleeve or button-ups. 

You hate products because companies don't take your personal requests? What a world you live in.

Archived