Don't Starve Together Progress Report

well i have think whta will hapen to al my building when im loging off because it whould be realy **** to come back and find all destroy be a deeclops or another player i think you should made a new kind of defencive building unhammer or destroyed be another players or at less hard to destroy it in case only in case the pvp is actived because if it not i didnt would like some come destroy all and steel all i get did you get it, next for deeclops and the rest of the monsters that can destroy when im off you should make a new building that meke that monster far away when im loging off and make that one easy to build and un hammer be another players just you, why all this well cuz that will along the player to ebjoy the game when he is log in but just imagin you have a lot of building you log of and when you log in you find all destroy be a deeclops and some pieces detroyed and whis should make easy and cheap to build cuz you dont know how many hrs the player will play or if he will be able to get all the item at time or if some one have alredy taked y imagin someting like some pikes whit head of pigs o mermaid mixed whit some beefalo hair and beefalo **** i just say is sheep and not to hard to find it :3

As much as I always loved PvPing and such, I don't know if its gameplay in DTS will be interesting.  I'll check it out regardless who knows, but I'm glad it will be an option.  Much to my own surprise I am actually curious about how DS as multiplayer will be as a gaming experience and well, as stated I always loved games where I'd battle against others but I am getting a tad older now and finding a game that are multiplayer and a possibly nice and chill co-op of sorts seems hard to come by.  Options options options.  Couldn't agree more.  Playerbase to me are mostly divided whereas in most games there are only a handful of choices.  But having a game being as flexible as possible, makes the players become just that - and open as well.  We'll all find a size to our shoes and once we feel like trying out something else, we will do so and will find other people for it.

As much as I always loved PvPing and such, I don't know if its gameplay in DTS will be interesting.  I'll check it out regardless who knows, but I'm glad it will be an option.  Much to my own surprise I am actually curious about how DS as multiplayer will be as a gaming experience and well, as stated I always loved games where I'd battle against others but I am getting a tad older now and finding a game that are multiplayer and a possibly nice and chill co-op of sorts seems hard to come by.  Options options options.  Couldn't agree more.  Playerbase to me are mostly divided whereas in most games there are only a handful of choices.  But having a game being as flexible as possible, makes the players become just that - and open as well.  We'll all find a size to our shoes and once we feel like trying out something else, we will do so and will find other people for it.

Couldn't have said that part any better. 

For the mods, I think it should be based on the server and not the player. At the creation of the server, mod used by the host will be "put" in the server and everyone joining it will be able to use them as well. This way, the host decide what mods he will allow in order to prevent "op" mods that could ruin ingame experience for the others..

hello!

I'm new here so my apologies if I did not look in the right topic.

Can I have an ETA on the "together" expansion? if i have to look elsewhere (since the last Dev post here is more than 1 month old), where can i look?

is there an alpha/beta in progress?

Thanks a lot!

cheers

hello!

I'm new here so my apologies if I did not look in the right topic.

Can I have an ETA on the "together" expansion? if i have to look elsewhere (since the last Dev post here is more than 1 month old), where can i look?

is there an alpha/beta in progress?

Thanks a lot!

cheers

I'm noticing there are a lot of pinned threads and some are "updates" or some are "later updated by Klei topics." I'll restate what the devs have told us so far  as they are busy at PAX this weekend (and thanks for trying to find it in the pinned threads BTW) 

DST is planned to Start closed testing sometime before Fall (Northern hemisphere calender, so even if it's "fall" where you are, it isn't in Canada) or September 23rd.

Kley is at PAX demonstrating a working version of DST as well as Invisible Inc (their new game.) They just finished a new build they are (or were before leaving for PAX) testing internally with their employees ATM. When they get back from PAX, they will continue to work on this and occasionally post updates to the pinned threads, or make a new pinned thread. 

That's all we know that has directly come from Klei. Below is what is likely to happen from my experience and Klei's own history of how they handle their games. It is not however, confirmed from Klei: 

After whatever Klei deems a standard testing period, they then will offer an open beta testing for everybody, then hopefully a finished release. All of these updates almost always will have subsequent patches and hotfixes, but we do not know  when until bug reports and other feedback are made. Besides the before end of summer date for closed testing, we still have no hard times to base when these things will happen. Since Klei hasn't done multiplayer for this game before, I'm not going to estimate how long their testing would be either. 

I hope this answers some questions until Klei gets back and can release official information. Have a great labor Day weekend everybody! 

• Developer

Hey @Vieuxsinge - welcome to the forums! As has been said, we've been pretty busy with PAX recently. We just got back at about 1:30 AM last night after showing off an alpha build all weekend (the first time anyone outside of the office had played!). We'll have some more specific info soon, but the long and short of it is that we'll be starting the closed beta sometime in the next few weeks, with registration for it starting pretty soon. The beta will start quite small but we're hoping we can ramp it up pretty quickly. More soon!

...We'll be starting the closed beta sometime in the next few weeks, with registration for it starting pretty soon. The beta will start quite small but we're hoping we can ramp it up pretty quickly. More soon!

Just a quick question, I know closed betas are usually pretty much on the down-low most times, but in this case I wanted to clarify whether it was closed only in terms of who can actually get into and play the beta builds, or if that also covers any sort of uploading of footage or other media?

To be more clear, is it a no-no if we want to record/stream Don't Starve Together's closed beta, and rather we should wait to create any media surrounding it until a more public release comes out? Or is it okay to record or stream it, so long as we make sure to clarify that it's an early, limited-access build and not the final product?

• Developer

Just a quick question, I know closed betas are usually pretty much on the down-low most times, but in this case I wanted to clarify whether it was closed only in terms of who can actually get into and play the beta builds, or if that also covers any sort of uploading of footage or other media?

To be more clear, is it a no-no if we want to record/stream Don't Starve Together's closed beta, and rather we should wait to create any media surrounding it until a more public release comes out? Or is it okay to record or stream it, so long as we make sure to clarify that it's an early, limited-access build and not the final product?

That's a good question! I don't want to promise anything, but generally we like it when people share our games on twitch/youtube/etc. We're likely sitting down for a meeting tomorrow to talk about the specific plans surrounding our beta. More info on the NDA/rules about sharing of content will be coming along with information about the registration for the beta.

maybe there should be a dark souls kind of element to it where you can invade an other players world to either help them or make it a living hell. that would be awesome... i dont know if this would be possible ofcourse D=

Quick question: with Don't Starve now available on PC/PS4/PS Vita, on which platform(s) will be the Don't Starve Together available? As a owner of all 3 versions, I would really love to play it on all of them.

DST will definitely be avaible for all private computers (Windows, Mac, Lunix).

PS4 support is aimed for, but not guaranteed.

Yay, finally a bit more news regarding DST. It seems that you guys have chosen to include some options that will appeal to a lot of people (you tend to do that a lot, you crafty buggers you), permadeath being optional and mod support, so good on you for that ;)

Still, is there any news regarding PvP? I remember a tweet stating the early DST prototype had it by default, did anything change?

PvP: will it come on PC?

PvP: will it come on PC?

Nope, only PS4. :razz:

Seriously, PvP is an optional thing players can choose to do or not which has absolutely no bearing on what DST platform it will be on or not.

DST will be tested then released for PC first (or at best, all platforms that can handle Steam,) then make its way to Sony's platforms that can support it (and we do not have additional specifics when besides testing will likely start sometime before September 23rd.)  keep watching those pinned threads and look for new responses by Klei Staff in Red for updated information! 

Nope, only PS4. :razz:

Seriously, PvP is an optional thing players can choose to do or not which has absolutely no bearing on what DST platform it will be on or not.

DST will be tested then released for PC first (or at best, all platforms that can handle Steam,) then make its way to Sony's platforms that can support it (and we do not have additional specifics when besides testing will likely start sometime before September 23rd.)  keep watching those pinned threads and look for new responses by Klei Staff in Red for updated information! 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I have it on PC... :nightmare:  :nightmare:  :nightmare:

Archived