Patch Notes - Rev 103865 June 12, 2014

Yeah, and the constant dinging of the "Light Tab" needs to be patched badly... I can play even with broken DSP, but this is killing my brain quite effectively.

Is it really light tab? I thought it was all the others too as long as you have something crafted that is not placed.

Is it really light tab? I thought it was all the others too as long as you have something crafted that is not placed.

Well, each time I heard a dinging sound like something new was available for crafting (and that was every time something was moved in or out of inventory) the "Light" tab's icon pulsed, changing sizes, like it usually does, when you can make something new. So I think it is. I may be wrong though.

Should be any tab with a prebuilt structure in it. Light tab most often as people like to build endothermic fires and save them for when they need them. I never experienced this which is weird, I always run around with a prebuilt ice flinger so I can check on the radius before I plant something. Glad it'll be fixed tho!

Should be any tab with a prebuilt structure in it. Light tab most often as people like to build endothermic fires and save them for when they need them. I never experienced this which is weird, I always run around with a prebuilt ice flinger so I can check on the radius before I plant something. Glad it'll be fixed tho!

You're probably right. I did't play much with this annoying dinging, so I didn't really check if any other tab will behave itself like "Light" one.

• Developer

Hotfix going live on Steam momentarily, Standalone distros are building now. Updating OP as well.

Hotfix Rev. 104250

• Fix certain sounds in Winter and Summer getting extremely muffled.

• Fix new-craftable ding erroneously playing when moving items around (between inventory, backpacks, and chests) while a buffered placeable recipe is present.

• Fix spiders screaming forever when investigating.

• Fix various issues with creatures not setting/resetting their home locations properly.

• Fix not being able to set a customization option back to default in a preset (if based on another preset where the value was not at its default).

• Fix mod configuration data not saving properly if the saved data is the bool false.

• Fix text getting cut off on button hints when using a generic controller.

Yep, the pengull issues and the buffered build dinging/highlighted squares issues are fixed as well.

Any off-chance the muffled sound bug was addressed? That one's the prime evil for me right now, makes it very difficult to anticipate hounds and giants. 

Edit - Nevermind! Thanks a ton, guys. Keep up the great work :)

Hotfix going live on Steam momentarily, Standalone distros are building now. Updating OP as well.

Hotfix Rev. 104250

• Fix new-craftable ding erroneously playing when moving items around (between inventory, 

Somehow this one fix does not work for me... Maybe its my save, but damn dinging is still in place. Even picking flowers causes it(

• Developer

Somehow this one fix does not work for me... Maybe its my save, but damn dinging is still in place. Even picking flowers causes it(

There's a smaller ding that plays anytime you pick up an item--is that what you're hearing? I definitely wasn't still hearing the "new recipe available" ding constantly after I made the changes that just came out in the hotfix... maybe you could upload a short video showing me what you're hearing?

There's a smaller ding that plays anytime you pick up an item--is that what you're hearing? I definitely wasn't still hearing the "new recipe available" ding constantly after I made the changes that just came out in the hotfix... maybe you could upload a short video showing me what you're hearing?

Yep, it was definitely "new recipe" type of ding - and "Light" tab keeps pulsing when I gather items. Sounds are muffled no more even in my save, but dinging still there. Maybe something in my save broke?

• Developer

Yep, it was definitely "new recipe" type of ding - and "Light" tab keeps pulsing when I gather items. Sounds are muffled no more even in my save, but dinging still there. Maybe something in my save broke?

It's possible, but unlikely given the nature of the fix. Have you tried verifying your local file cache? Could be that some of your files are in a bad state...

It's possible, but unlikely given the nature of the fix. Have you tried verifying your local file cache? Could be that some of your files are in a bad state...

Just checked - all files okay... Here's the videofile.

EDIT: Damn, its rather big :( And I unfortunately can't upload it on YouTube right now(

Okay - i made one with worse quality and uploaded it:

Im getting this to. I have an endothermic fire prebuilt, and its definitely still dinging every time I do something to my inventory. I tried verifying the game cache, still broken.

• Developer

Thanks for the video, @Madman666 -- much clearer now what's going on.

Just to follow up: I managed to get the full fix for the new recipe ding into the standalone builds. Steam is going to build overnight and we'll release it in the morning.

Just to follow up: I managed to get the full fix for the new recipe ding into the standalone builds. Steam is going to build overnight and we'll release it in the morning.

Good thing. As always, thanks for your hard work and fast responses.

Archived