Something bad that might happen while using Meat effegies...

So the problem could be that you make a Meat effegy, someone else resurrects from it and your health penalty doesn't come back because it was someone else who got revived, not you.

Just noting this!

EDIT: Sorry, meant to write this in DST subtopic!

I dont think other people will be able to be resurrected from meat effigies you've made, if they want one they have to make it themselves

It'd be a great time to implement effigies that look like their creator.

I think we would know we had a Meat Effigy somewhere as a small chunk of our health will be missing.

No need to change how Meat Effigy work. Just allow player made Meat Effigy to revive the player who made it like Maximum124 said.

I guess untill now I was thinking that meat effigies would be shared. How else would you revive your dead partner (If that was even a thing).
I can see problems with them being shared though, such as the health penalty. And what about touchstones? Would those be shared? Or whoever touches it owns it?

I guess untill now I was thinking that meat effigies would be shared. How else would you revive your dead partner (If that was even a thing).I can see problems with them being shared though, such as the health penalty. And what about touchstones? Would those be shared? Or whoever touches it owns it?

We talked about Touchstones and how they could work in Don't Starve Together here.

Unless it would give you the option to make them for someone else. Fully upgraded WX-78 would construct them for his entire team with health to spare I'm sure.   :listening_headphone

Just curious. Why would you want to make Meat Effigies for others? I'm sure if you had enough resources to make a few you could trade them to a friend so he could make his own.

Just curious. Why would you want to make Meat Effigies for others? I'm sure if you had enough resources to make a few you could trade them to a friend so he could make his own.

Because Maxwell the actual pansy gets dropped to 45 health if he makes one. That's literally the only reason I can think of for it. 

A idea would be an option that would allow others to revive there, no hp penalty to you, but you cannot gt revived at it.

Btw this would have to gt put as a exepion

Unless you want to put is as decoration

-Malk

Because Maxwell the actual pansy gets dropped to 45 health if he makes one. That's literally the only reason I can think of for it.

It's a good reason, but in Don't Starve I'm sure people have managed to survive with Maxwell, with or without Meat Effigies. If I'm honest I've never really had any need to make Meat Effigies.

Here's how it'd work most likely:

-If player builds a Meat Effigy (or builds anything for that matter) it is bound to that player.

This goes for followers as well.

This does not go for items like Chester's Eyebone or the Life Giving Amulet since those are bound to players wearing / in possession of it.                                                                                                                                        ^

^

^

So in general anything made or activated by a certain player is bound to a player unless it is anything there. ^

It's a good reason, but in Don't Starve I'm sure people have managed to survive with Maxwell, with or without Meat Effigies. If I'm honest I've never really had any need to make Meat Effigies.

Oh I know, it's just everyone talking about how he can give them all his armour early game when it's hella easy to die as him without wearing any. As a Maxwell player I hope people will help me as much as I help them sort of thing is all. 

Archived