The Rise Of Literacy (Literate Roleplay)

KidneyBeanBoy

Bekuno was halfway back to the village when from a few feet away someone rose out of the ground. She instantly froze mid-walk cycle, but wound up balancing herself as she felt gravity take effect. Her jaw clamped shut and she brought the book up to her chest as the old woman turned to her and spoke.

"What it can do? It's just a stupid young adult romance novel. All it does is make people cry." She turns the book over in her hands a few times before mumbling, "I guess I could use it as a weapon, lob it at someones head or something."

...wait. She didn't remember this woman from earlier in the field. Red flags popped up and she gives the woman and accusing glare, "Are you the one who brought us here?"

Ferro did not know what he is talking about. What to do?

- Uhm... What should I do?

Then he saw pig's body.

- Oh my... What is this?

He opened his book and found a page about this. He just ignored others and began to study dead pigman.

- Fascinating, pigs evolved into humanoidal form... My work just paid off... - Then he saw murder eyes of creature.

- What? I'm mostly vegetarian. Oh sorry, I did not present me. I'm Ferro, biologist of lizardmans. And you, look like too creature? And you, weird human?

(I hope it won't change in bunch of non-sense posts then...)

Ferro looked up in sarcastic way.

- Okay, Mr Unpleasant. Just give me to examine it.

He done his work and started to go away.

- Oh, and you know what? It is really bad thing to say go away to blind guy.

He was hungry so he picked up some berries and started to go away.

(It's kinda easy to tell when someone is blind. They sort of stare straight ahead and don't move their pupils. Also this roleplay isn't very literate anymore.)

Zach frowned. Someone else...? But from the way that the trees spoke of him, the newcomer wasn't human. "You have no right to claim a portion of nature a your own..." Zach informed the human that had challenged him. "I'm no threat to you. Why must you drive me off?"

(It's kinda easy to tell when someone is blind. They sort of stare straight ahead and don't move their pupils. Also this roleplay isn't very literate anymore.)

Zach frowned. Someone else...? But from the way that the trees spoke of him, the newcomer wasn't human. "You have no right to claim a portion of nature a your own..." Zach informed the human that had challenged him. "I'm no threat to you. Why must you drive me off?"

Yeah. I might need to set a 6-sentence minimum like The Great Expiriment.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Yeah. I might need to set a 6-sentence minimum like The Great Expiriment.

I second this notion.

This is all filler so that my post fits the thing I just seconded.  It woudl be a complete betrayal of trust to not follow that which I believe deserves to be followed.  Therefore, I will now obey the six sentence limit in every post on this thread.  I will wish myself luck in this quest.  This is the sixth sentence.

• Like 3

(I agree.)

Ferro walked through the forest in direction from that he came.

- Why I was so stupid? I scared too quickly. I need to check that.

When he came on the place, he discovered a weird amulet in bushes. And no ghost.

(Done Battal. You can now say something.)

( Battal, think about things you could put in as actual filler. Maybe little specks of backstory, or simply more detailed perspective of the character's thoughts.)

"It's not quite that. I need food, and I need to be able to eat in peace. Alone. If you absolutely need to take care of something here, then you'll have to come back later. That simple."

Tritus normally was not this vehement, but the world around him, their constant, unwavering yet hidden presence, had been slowly expanding his more feral instincts.

(It was just a joke.  :p)

Percy was struggling to find his moleworm, which it seemed had wandered off after the stranger arrived.  His binding to the amulet only allowed him to walk a few meters in each direction, though; and it was a very, very large forest.  After a few minutes of searching, Percy sighed.  It seemed he would have to wait for a bird or rabbit to pass through. 

<Of all the places to get stuck.>  He thought, glancing at his rotting corpse.  He hovered over to a tree and sat against it, thinking to times that were long past.

The night was pitch black, without moon nor stars to illuminate the suffocating darkness.  A seven-year-old Percy lay awake in bed, his room dimly lit by a night-light on the opposite wall.  He had been awoken by a nightmare, which had faded into obscrurity the moment he came back to consciousnessNow, a series of bumps, scratches, and creaks on the lower floor of his house kept him awake, filled with anxiety.  They sounded like footsteps.

Percy was torn from his thoughts (quite literally) by the lizard-man, who picked up the amulet and examined it.  His binding to the object dragged him away from the tree.

Ferro hidden the amulet in his small bag and came closer to the body he saw. He did not want to feel what this person felt in his last days. He began to fill up the hole with dirt. It took about five minutes.

Then he felt something cold behind him. Again.

(Wait, no 6 sentences limit?)

Zach nodded. The desire to be alone was strange to him, but it was something easier to understand. The blind man backed slowly into a tree and sat against it, and began to eat a carrot. Questions thrummed through his head, ones that the trees couldn't answer. Who was the human? What was the non-human? And most importantly, where were they? However, Zach knew better than to question the human during his meal, so he stayed silent until he had finished. Or, at least, until the trees informed him that he had finished.

(Oki doke.)

Tritus begrudgingly went back to his meal, which was now starting to get stale. He dragged the dead pig's bodies into a pile, and started eating, eating and cutting and ripping and breaking apart his food with lust and zeal. This wouldn't be enough to make it through the day, but definitely several hours. As he started to finish up the meal, his carnal instincts quieted down, rational thought returning.  When he had finished, it was nothing but bones and cartilige left.