The Rise Of Literacy (Literate Roleplay)

KidneyBeanBoy

Wickerbottom sighed. This was going better than expected, but any amount of hostility was hard to deal with. "Technically, something else did. I was the one who chose you in particular." She then paused, regretting her choice of words. "Mind you, I had no choice whether to bring anyone here in the first place, so please kindly refrain from lobbing your book at me." Smirking slightly, Wickerbottom added "Speaking of such, it's a biohazard."

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

"But you still had something to do with it, didn't you?" She looked away from the woman and down to her book. The bright blue design was calming at least, she felt the urge to open it again. So who was this woman working for? Bekuno had previously expected it to be some type of Arbodian rebellion out to destroy the balance but she knew that there was no longer anyone in the realm with that power. And bringing in all these other people and creatures wouldn't be necessary. "How could it be a biohazard? It's just a book. Are the pages toxic or something?" She herself hadn't felt any illness when holding it, but there was that catcoon from earlier...

(Kay, since nobody's answering me I'll just post the character sheet.)

Spriggum

Species: Treeguard

Appearance: Spriggum is a giant, walking pine tree.  He stands about fifty feet tall, a feature aquired by his very, very old age.  His needles are a dead, orange-looking color, and he has three arms, the extra protruding from his side.  His trunk is hollow, and contains his organ system.

Backstory: Spriggum was once a member of the Entmoot, a meeting of the strongest and wisest treeguards.  Being only a small, normal treeguard, unburdened by thoughts of vengeance, Spriggum was very proud to be with them.  However, one night, a crazed pyromancer attacked one of the meetings.  Though the treeguards fought their hardest, they all burned to a crisp in the end.  All, except Spriggum.

Holding the corpses of his dead friends, a feeling of indescribable hate and anger rushed through Spriggum.  He absorbed the last bits of life force from their logs, swearing to each of them that all of humanity would pay for their crimes.  In doing so, he gained wisdom and power.  He then set off to purge humankind from this earth.

Personality: Spriggum usually tries to kill anything human on sight, sparing other races until they offend the enviroment.  However, he never hurts children, as he views them as saplings that he should protect.  In rare circumstances, however, he can learn to trust some people, and even befriend them.  Spriggum refuses to harm anything from nature.

Advantages: Spriggum's main advantage is, unsurprisingly, his strength.  He can shatter entire ribcages with just his bare hands, crush things with his weight, and punch people into next week.  Besides that, there's not much more to be said.

Disadvantages: Spriggum is very slow, half because he's ginormous and half because he has to make sure he doesn't crush anything important.  As such, he's also bad at dodging attacks.  A small fire will hurt him alot, but an uncontrolled blaze is almost sure to kill him.

Percy looked angrily at the lizardman, clenching his transparent hands into fists.  Bracing himself mentally, he propels his conscience out of his body.  Smashing himself into Indiana Scales, he begins to take over, hacking into his nervous system and motor controls and other bodily functions.  Percy shoves his victim's own conscience into the back of his head as he continues to posess him.  This is easy.  He thinks as control begins to be handed over to him.

(I applaud your character choice, Battal. Things will be interesting when Spriggum and Zach meet each other)

Had he watched, Zach woul have certainly been disgusted and possibly would have decided to attack the human, which would have, most likely, ended in his demise. Luckily for him, the trees around the shaman decided not to describe the bloody scene to their friend, and instead simply told Zach that "He's eating".

When the trees reported that the strange had finished his meal, Zach decided to speak. "Excuse me... Who are you?"

(Ok.)

Ferro felt a big head ache, when something was in his mind. He took all his mental strenght to attack mind of opponent with own thoughs.

- GET OUT OF HERE!

He shouted and became into  big fury. He destroyed and killed some things around.

- You have not control here!

Unfortunately for Ferro, Percy is far tougher than him mentally, due to having plenty of practice and being a ghost.  He shoves through the lizardman's attacks and continues his assault.  He soon gains control of his target's left arm, and uses it to hit Ferro multiple times in the face.

Give up, old fool!  Percy thinks as he hits him.

(Okay, my Debul.)

Ferro was confused, about what is taking control on his own body. He needed place, where his mind is stronger... there must be... RIVER!

He jumped in it but then he discovered, that he forgot to place off book, luckily it was not damaged. Now his mind was stronger than never. He was in his territory.

- Now get out of my head you damned thing! - he shouted attacking mentally the thing.

(GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M HERE, I'M HERE I'M HERE.)

Tritus, satisfied from his meal, started to head back to his hideout. But, before he could head out, something stopped him. The kid. The blind kid that he had nearly murdered, in his bloodlust. There was a lingering curiosity in his mind, as to whether he was okay, or not. At the absolute least, maybe an apology would be in order. He likely couldn't do anything to him that would compare to past pains.

Tritus walked back to the section of trees where he had run into the blind kid earlier.

Zach was slightly crestfallen when the trees informed that the man was walking off, and turned around to leave. He didn't make it far, however, before he was told that the human had returned. He felt oddly compelled to speak to the stranger, despite his seclusion from humanity in his past. He quickly returned to his previous spot, hoping the man hadn't left thinking that he had departed. "Is he still there?" He whispered to the nearby plant life, and was told that indeed, the human was. "Uh.... Hello." His voice was very unsure, as he had forgotten how to speak to those of the same race. "I am Zach. Who are you?"

For the first time in a while, Percy is actually enjoying himself.  Taking over rabbits and birds and moles was easy; it was nice to have a challenge.  At least, one that doesn't include him being torn apart by hounds.  Quickly recovering from Ferro's burst of strength, the ghost turns off his opponent's right leg, causing him to stumble and fall out of the creek.  The advantage turns in Percy's favor as he takes over Ferro's lower body and vocal cords.

"I only need to use you for a couple hours."  Ferro says in a dull and monotone voice.  "No harm shall befall you."

Tritus sighed, and swallowed his pride before answering. "Hey. The name is Tritus....look, I just want to apologize about earlier...I hadn't eaten in days. You're blind, aren't you?..."

Tritus felt an acute sense of guilt. Memories briefly flashed in his eyes. Of his childhood. Something that was not so terrible and unbearable.