Endless rain...

I'm on day 633 of my current world and it started raining during the last few days of summer, which was a normal enough occurrence to mark the turn from Summer to Autumn, but the rain NEVER stopped.

After around the 6th consecutive day of rain, I decided to try and sleep it off by alternating between my lean to and tent.

The rain never relented until the start of winter; causing me to lose a bunch of stockpiled meat that I'd been waiting to dry.

Unfortunately, my drying racks held the same twenty pieces of meat through the entire Autumn while the meat in the icebox rotted.

I am now back into Spring, and while rain is to be expected, it has not let up once so far. At this rate, it looks to be on the same pattern to continue this way all the way through to the next winter.

This sucks.

Is this a bug, or a less than subtle hint that it's time to move on to the next world? I've never had this happen before and I have lived longer in other games. I did enter the caves for the first time at the start of Autumn, but I don't know whether or not this could be connected with this problem.

Maybe it will resolve itself when summer arrives, but I'm not optimistic.  :wilson_livid:

Edit: As I expected the rain never stopped from the spring and into the first 6 days of summer. I looked up the console command and turned it off for the time being. Hopefully everything goes back to normal now.

One weird thing that I did notice was that I did not seem to be getting wet. The rain was falling at its most anemic pace but my moisture meter never showed up regardless of whether or not I was using protective gear. This combined with the rain's seeming endlessness was another reason that I started to think it was bugged.

That sounds so frustrating, and does sound like a bug to me.  Was the rain affecting sanity, even if the wetness wasn't going up?

It definitely was.

Thankfully, my sanity did not seem to be affected (probably another indication that it was a bug). 

I've never had it happen before and I hope not to have it happen again, but at least I now know that there's a console command that can be used to fix it and make things normal again.

It definitely was.

Thankfully, my sanity did not seem to be affected (probably another indication that it was a bug). 

I've never had it happen before and I hope not to have it happen again, but at least I now know that there's a console command that can be used to fix it and make things normal again.

no rain affects sanity btw of wetness

I'm sorry to hear about that; we're aware of the bug and have a fix for it incoming later this week. 

Nice one. Something to do with the caves?

I had the endless rain on me too and the bugging chester after first few times in caves. At least there's still so much more to do. Will revisit the caves (and hopefully ruins too) when these get fixed.

I am such a noob.

every time when Woody turn back from beaver form - i get rain, even if there was sunny before.

Welcome Discworld resident! 

Hmm, no perma rain for me, but didn't try the Woody character...lemme make a new game with RoG and no mods running whatsoever, version 104670 standalone and test this... no rain, but saving exiting and reloading just after I revered to human to werebeaver advanced the day count to 2 immediately (I reverted to human on dusk of day 1) Maybe it was a delay of the time passing from beaver to human reversion time loss though and I exited too quickly...yep. 

let me check on Steam version same 104670 RoG, no mods...yep, INSTANT rain when I reverted, but ONLY when done on Steam...Interesting...I decided to see what would happen if I immediately went Werebeaver again and it STOPPED the rain when I reverted again. however, due to the time lapse, it's hard to say if it stopped it or just went on long enough...

Okay, since it goes to set stats after werebeaver reversion, let me go beaver for a third consecutive time and see what happens. Nuts, it naturally rained while I was in Beaver form...getting enough nomables until rain passes...and now waiting for werebeaver to end to see if it causes rain again...nope, but since it naturally rained, i don't know if this disrupted the 'toggle" thing it did. 

I'm going to try and verify the Integrity of the Steam game cache in the game properties and see if that helps if there was any patch that didn't update properly. restarting Steam and making a new game so there won't be any leftover conflicts...ahh and I have a Steam update also...done and done...restarting the game with a new Woodie...that did it!

Verifying the integrity of the game cache, checking for Steam updates,  and starting a new game as Woodie caused me to revert to human form with no rain like my standalone.

If that does not do it for you, report it here, mentioning your platform, the version you have, etc.  

It definitely was.

Hello,

I have the same annoying bug, can you, or anybody else tell me how to fix it it via concole ? It pretty much ruins a huge part of the game for me.

@sensismoker

1.)That person meant a bug were it CONSTANTLY RAINS

that might has been fixed already, while you're most likely

playing in spring(which is pretty rainy).

2.)Don't necroe old threads

3.)To stop the rain: GetSeasonManager():StopPrecip()

Hello.

Iam pretty sure that its the same bug the user has described.

Its in the middle of summer (need ice/endothermic fire etc to not overheat) and constantly, slightly raining for 6-8 days now. Its day 65 now.

I bought dontstarve/reign if giants 2 or 3 days ago on steam, so it should be latest version.

I can upload my save if you want/if it helps...

Hello.

Iam pretty sure that its the same bug the user has described.

Its in the middle of summer (need ice/endothermic fire etc to not overheat) and constantly, slightly raining for 6-8 days now. Its day 65 now.

I bought dontstarve/reign if giants 2 or 3 days ago on steam, so it should be latest version.

I can upload my save if you want/if it helps...

Just type GetSeasonManager():StopPrecip() into the console (as he told you to) and let this thread die again...

If you can't find the console, use the search function to find a guide for that.

EDIT: got ninja'd by a merm lol

yeah if you could submit a ticket with a log.txt from right after the issue arose, that could help.

Archived