attract bearger

If you just want to get him away from your camp, attack him, lead him far away enough, and then place honey down, *10 should do* to put him to sleep, and then just run away.

If you want to kill him, you could do the same thing, or use a pan flute and old bell.

I was wondering about like trying to get him to appear at all

Is there any way to entice the game to do it?

If you REALLY want him to appear and you don't mind cheating, you can debugspawn him. If you don't want to use debugspawn, I don't think it is possible to force the game to spawn him, it is necessary to wait patiently during the second or higher autumn.

You WANT the bearger to appear?

I was doing well till one came just now, I had to run all the way to the swamp, and he STILL chased me, ignoring the tentacles, finally I got away from him and when I came back to see what damage he'd done, the spider dens were all destroyed, trees and plants uprooted, my base luckily only slightly destroyed - my boxes broken and all my stuff on the ground.

And he killed half my beefalo herd. :grumpy:

You WANT the bearger to appear?

I was doing well till one came just now, I had to run all the way to the swamp, and he STILL chased me, ignoring the tentacles, finally I got away from him and when I came back to see what damage he'd done, the spider dens were all destroyed, trees and plants uprooted, my base luckily only slightly destroyed - my boxes broken and all my stuff on the ground.

And he killed half my beefalo herd. :grumpy:

Yes it has a powerful AoE. One AoE is enough to destroy and/or kill any quantity buildings, tress, tentacles, spider dens, buffaloes, etc that are near to it. 2-3 AoE are engough to kill any quantity of tree guards, spiders queens, and rock obsters even if rock lobster are in defense mode. 

I tried kiting him but I'm not quick enough and I lost my spear every time.  I'm getting a pan flute and gunpowder ready for next Autumn.

Don't use 15 gunpowder if you don't want to burn its drop. Use 14 and some hits, or one old bell and ice staff, 4 hits freeze it.

Last time I used old bell to try to kill Deerclops in Winter, and ended up dead myself, so I think I need some practice with it before I try it on the Bearger.  But 14 gunpowder and then hit him sounds doable - I'm playing as Wigfrid so she should manage. ^^

Last time I used old bell to try to kill Deerclops in Winter, and ended up dead myself, so I think I need some practice with it before I try it on the Bearger.  But 14 gunpowder and then hit him sounds doable - I'm playing as Wigfrid so she should manage. ^^

Yea, I really find the old bell quite fascinating. I don't think people fully appreciate how truly dangerous it is. A large concentrated strike of death, that can be fairly random to. Nothing but the best armor and high health can save you from it; should you be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Yea, I really find the old bell quite fascinating. I don't think people fully appreciate how truly dangerous it is. A large concentrated strike of death, that can be fairly random to. Nothing but the best armor and high health can save you from it; should you be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time!

It isn't random. It will always stomp on exact place where you ring the bell. I always use it to smash 80 tress, sometime one or two are left turns into neutral tree guards.

post-348057-0-15505900-1401572354_thumb.

It isn't random. It will always stomp on exact place where you ring the bell. I always use it to smash 80 tress, sometime one or two are left turns into neutral tree guards.

I think by random he means not where you ring the bell, but where it stomps before and after.

I think by random he means not where you ring the bell, but where it stomps before and after.

Maybe, but there is always a safe place beside that stomp. The fire pit, raining rod and the chest of the image never had been destroy. Also the shadow of its stomps give you enough time to move.

Yea I meant before and after the main stomp. And yea, there is a certain distance between stomps where you can be safe between them. But if you don't be careful, you can still find yourself standing where you shouldn't.

That's why I say I need to practise a bit - I never know what direction it'll come from, and it's hard to get the monster to stay in roughly the right spot while not getting stomped yourself.  Something I'm not planning on trying again for a while.

I can see it being really good for log harvesting though.  And would it kill tentacles?  Or not, because they'd be retreated under the swamp unless you're right there?

Archived