Sorry, this game is just stupid with the inclusion of the giants

Turn them off then. You have this fancy selection screen that lets you modify nearly every feature of the game's world, and you choose to come here and non constructively complain about a specific feature instead.

Also, you may want to explain why they are stupid and unnecessary. Under the logic you've established so far every feature added from the last year is "stupid and unnecessary".  People wanted more content, the developers made more content.

Wait, you bought an expansion pack called Reign of the Giants, and now you're complaining about the giants?

What were you expecting, mate?

At any rate, as others mentioned, you might as well set them to "none" if you like the other features of the expansion.

Wait, you bought an expansion pack called Reign of the Giants, and now you're complaining about the giants?

What were you expecting, mate?

Exactly.  It's like buying an ice cream sundae, even though you only enjoy the condiments and hate ice cream.

Yeah, like everyone else is saying; just turn the Giants off in the "World Settings" menu.

I, for one, am OUTRAGED at the lack of New York football players in this DLC.

bottom line the giants destroyed some precious stuff this guy has or maybe perma killed him and now he is just bitter. if you like the vanilla version which had deer clops as an giant and liked that version. whats wrong with other giants for other seasons?

I personally really like the giants. Anything to make Don't Starve feel less like Don't survive for too long in rather relative comfort in comparison to what really should be happening. Relative being depending on how lucky you are each play through. I hope we get more freaks of nature, personally, and perhaps make then a bit scarier next time too, not just in power, but appearance. Can't tell if Maxwell just has one heck of a sense of humour for creating the Goose/Moose, or he was just really high that day. It would help if you could describe in more detail as to why you do not like them in the first place. Saying they suxs does not really give an explanation.

Ahaha. A new member has one post, and it's just a transparent attempt at inciting argument. I'd bet my right arm that this is a troll topic.

Of course, if I were to take this topic seriously, I would respond as such: You're opinion is perfectly valid, and there's no need to apologize for it. The great thing about this, is that it's completely optional, and if the Giants seem silly to you, then you can turn them off or not buy the DLC.

Archived