Map Editor! (also krampus rox)

ok so we are gonna have pvp, which is awesome. and aside of tons of epic modes, i also suggest a map editor.

you can either play on a randomly generated map, or on a prebuild one. 

you can have different setups, like one where everyone spawns in his biome in one of the maps corners, and in the middle of the map you have all teh' good lootz, so people fight for that.

or you have people seperated from eachother and you have to fight a boss to get the the other.

or w/e u can think of.

also for pve, you could have a map starting at the same place and you have to reach a portal to win the game, blocked by different instances. ofc that could also be transferred to pvp, where the one getting there first wins.

the game would start off with a set of prebuilt maps, and a map editor where everyone can build and share his own maps.

ideas and suggestions down below :3

ALSO! all hail the mighty krampus, shall he be a thing in the MP version of this game!!

I agree quite heavily. You can indeed make static maps by modding the everloving crap out of the worldgen, but really, a genuine map editor would be a lot more appreciated.

I had an idea for some adventure maps that really need an actual map editor to get off the ground.

Not so old thread. So posting here.

Working on it, actually working again on it.

Overview

14bj0o5.jpg

Selection and zoom in

16bhq2o.jpg

Terrain change

k4jrps.jpg

34o6mnk.jpg

Custom scripts per map. You can't really make custom maps without custom things on each map. For example a wave of hounds every 3 days attacking your base. Or a boss with 30k life so you need a pig army to defeat. Or whatever is needed.

mbu0bo.jpg

PS. The custom scripts functionality will require a mod. At the very least you will have 5 extra slots to play a normal game.

24v8mpz.jpg

Ability to make and play custom maps, yes please! Though getting DST working and balanced will/should be priority, this would make a fine addition. Thinking about nice Adventture mode esque maps that people can play... @RazvanM your map editor is lookin' good :)

I am the founder of Team Krampus and I approve of Krampus being a thing in DST!

We don't know if we will have PvP and I hope for the love of Don't Starve we don't get PvP modes. We don't need Don't Starve equivalents of TDM, DOM, KOTH, CTF, S&D, FFA. Wrong genre, wrong game.

PvP in PvE as an on/off option in world customisation. Yes.

Map editor. Big yes.

Krampus in DST. Big yes.

Overview

14bj0o5.jpg

Selection and zoom in

16bhq2o.jpg

Terrain change

k4jrps.jpg

34o6mnk.jpg

Custom scripts per map. You can't really make custom maps without custom things on each map. For example a wave of hounds every 3 days attacking your base. Or a boss with 30k life so you need a pig army to defeat. Or whatever is needed.

mbu0bo.jpg

PS. The custom scripts functionality will require a mod. At the very least you will have 5 extra slots to play a normal game.

24v8mpz.jpg

:o RazvanM, you're back!

I can't wait to start using this again, it was actually the best tool!

Overview

14bj0o5.jpg

Selection and zoom in

16bhq2o.jpg

Terrain change

k4jrps.jpg

34o6mnk.jpg

mbu0bo.jpg

24v8mpz.jpg

Overview

14bj0o5.jpg

Selection and zoom in

16bhq2o.jpg

Terrain change

k4jrps.jpg

34o6mnk.jpg

mbu0bo.jpg

24v8mpz.jpg

Ohey I remember that editor. I still have it somewhere too probably. Just hiding in my DS folders...Cool that you're working on it again. Anywhere we could download/try out what you've got so far? :3

It would be a hell of a swanky old time if you could play on maps people have made, and if the best maps got nominated each week so more people could discover them, that would be alright.

There would have to be implementation for everything though. Every little detail. Yes, even the mosquitoes.

It would be quite nice if a feature could be set up where a sort of...I suppose bonus rounds of sorts, could take place, where a whole group of enemies spawn on the map. Could be spiders, could be treeguards. Yada yada. Just anything to make the world more dangerous, really.

Archived