What do you think of Don't Starve Together?

Multiplayer  

214 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about DST?

• I am super excited!
    • I think multiplayer is a mistake.
    • I don't quite know what I think about it.
    • They should have worked on something else.
    • Multiplayer will ruin the feeling of loneliness.

I just felt like saying that I used to say Don't Starve was about being lonely and blah blah blah. I figured I was to knowledgeable about the game to feel, because I couldn't feel lonely playing.

However, my little brother pointed out that if you feel lonely the beefalos will cure that. If its not lonely for him, its not going to be lonely for me either.

^This. As much as people claim that the loneliness part is so important, I've never actually felt like I was alone. I always camp out with the beefalo or stroll through the pig village, and am always accompanied by the cute hopping sound of lil' Chesty and the calming flapping of Glommers' wings. Really, you stop being lonely as soon as you come across the first pig village, or, in Webbers case, the first spider den.

I do feel multiplayer will add more to the game; imagine hearing Maxwell's voice telling you to turn against each other. Imagine the nightmare version of your friends when you go insane.

Multiplayer could add a lot, get more people to buy the game, Klei get more money and maybe we will get more single player additions?

Lava caves? Probably.

The firelands? Probably.

Nightmare realm? Probably.

Lets all keep our chins up,and not get bogged on negativity. I know it clichéd to say "if you don't like it, don't play it" but think of this as a means to an end.

I think it could be one of the best things that could happen to the game or the worst idea ever, it all depends on how the devs deal with it. They're walking a fine line, and tell I see what they do with the mode I'm gonna be both the devils avocet and a little skeptical kitty. Meow.  

I think it's a brilliant thing to do, but there are so many things that could go horribly wrong with it all. It's too much to bear all on the brain at once.

I do hope we can have larger parties then 4, though. If you wanted a really huge party, i'd cap it at a maximum of twenty, for the sake of resources. Both in game and on the computers.

I'm sure if Don't Starve, which was originally most certainly a single player game by sheer design, could be successfully turned into a remarkable multi player, then I'm certain this will be another successful step not only for Klei nor Don't Starve, but games as a whole, even if such a step in the grand scheme of things is teeny tiny.

Archived