This is gonna be weird :D

I love me some Don't Starve, over 300 hours and I'm still playing this game :D But now, we get the ELUSIVE the UNSPOKEN of multiplayer! I don't know how it'll work, but I've always loved being alone in Don't Starve. I have faith in Klei to make multiplayer as fun as it can be :D

I'm still wracking my brain trying to figure of how this will all work. How will resources be managed? Will monsters get tougher the more people there are? How can we make sure we don't have 4 wendys all with abagail out, just wrecking everything?

What do you people think about all of this? :D

I think that the forums are going to go to hell.

This might just be true xD I'll admit, I took my turn shooting down multiplayer threads back in the day. But hey, Klei likes to surprise us :D And it doesn't cost any money, so I say it's a win win :) I may personally not like the idea of multiplayer in Don't Starve, but I know plenty of people who would want it. And I am very curious to see what they do 

Maybe you can't choose character, that was chosen by other people?

Right on, just thought of that. Anyone think this might be too easy though? I have no problem surviving myself, but with another me we'd be unstoppable

Right on, just thought of that. Anyone think this might be too easy though? I have no problem surviving myself, but with another me we'd be unstoppable

What if that other you is eating all your hard collected food?

What if that other you is eating all your hard collected food?

We'd both separate, killing all of the piggies across the land. Then, we'd sit upon our food throne we built and laugh  while shoving whole plates of meatballs down our gullets.

Just imagine 4 Mighty Wolfgangs with Dark Swords on a Deerclops. Gone in 5 seconds flat.

Well, Maxwell already gets some friends with him! 4 players already in the game just controlled by one person XD

So I bet you won't be able to choose a character that someone else has already chosen. If it's gonna be 4 players maps, me gonna DEFINITELY have huge map to have a lot of exploring. I'd want to have someone Wickerbottom to have tentacles renewable, Woody because he has an unlimited axe which will save a LOT of flint which is ONLY renewable if you've opened a sinkhole (if not, you're screwed once all the flint has been used up) and plus the OPness of his Werebeever mode, Wigfrid to easily kill enemies and Willow because of her infinite light source and protection from fire without Scalemail.

What about you, guys? What 4 charactes yoy would want if you played with your mates long term?

And guys, to make YOUR multi-playthroughs (lol see what I did there?) be awesome, I'd suggest putting Giants, hounds, tallbirds, spiders and may be some other monsters to More before starting the map: cause in the end it would be just as difficult for all of you to play together with More mknsters and for one player monsters on Default. Trust me!

Well, Maxwell already gets some friends with him! 4 players already in the game just controlled by one person XD

So I bet you won't be able to choose a character that someone else has already chosen. If it's gonna be 4 players maps, me gonna DEFINITELY have huge map to have a lot of exploring. I'd want to have someone Wickerbottom to have tentacles renewable, Woody because he has an unlimited axe which will save a LOT of flint which is ONLY renewable if you've opened a sinkhole (if not, you're screwed once all the flint has been used up) and plus the OPness of his Werebeever mode, Wigfrid to easily kill enemies and Willow because of her infinite light source and protection from fire without Scalemail.

What about you, guys? What 4 charactes yoy would want if you played with your mates long term?

And guys, to make YOUR multi-playthroughs (lol see what I did there?) be awesome, I'd suggest putting Giants, hounds, tallbirds, spiders and may be some other monsters to More before starting the map: cause in the end it would be just as difficult for all of you to play together with More mknsters and for one player monsters on Default. Trust me!

Still imagine one maxwell with all of his shadow puppets, webber with a bunch of spiders, wendy with abagail, and wolfgang full hunger will a group of piggies. Nothing would stop that force XD

Still imagine one maxwell with all of his shadow puppets, webber with a bunch of spiders, wendy with abagail, and wolfgang full hunger will a group of piggies. Nothing would stop that force XD

Except if the 4 giants made a football team and decided that we were the balls ?

Hey folks, at this early stage we don't have any gameplay details on multiplayer just yet. However, just like we did with DS and RoG, we'll be opening up a section to Don't Starve Together's sub-forum where you can share your ideas, feedback, and suggestions for the multiplayer experience. 

Hey folks, at this early stage we don't have any gameplay details on multiplayer just yet. However, just like we did with DS and RoG, we'll be opening up a section to Don't Starve Together's sub-forum where you can share your ideas, feedback, and suggestions for the multiplayer experience. 

Cool :D Thanks! At this point its all just speculation, but I'm thrilled to see what you guys do with this :D

Archived