Suggestions

well, i don't want start close of the orc mine...even more with the wizard...

But perhaps adding a tweak(in the mods menu) that can give a special backpack(8 slots)with a random weapon, 2 pieces of armor, 2 usefull items/equipements and 3 ressources...

reminds me that I should make some more custom tilesets for the the above ground area, containing items from our mod, I've been too focused on the Dwarf fortress.

So my Names jack. I'm an Artist and Animator. You can contact me at [email address removed]. I Have a few ideas and the don't starve art is simplistic enough for me

a tip for you, never leave your email on a public forum :p

if you're interested , send me a PM :)

Fixed the image! It took a while, but it did turn out I was missing something that was incredibly obvious! Anyway, here's a sample of a rock I'm working on. The second and third stages of deconstruction are not yet fully complete, but then again this was the result of about 20-30 minutes of paint.net. I thought something of this could possibly replace the over-world rocks that have a chance to spawn in the Lava Caves. 

(standard windows paint removed the transparent background when I needed to fix the image size, but I have a working transparent version on my desktop :3)

attachicon.gifHmmm3-small.png

looks good, let us know when you have all the stages done. 

Hello guys!

I loved the screenshots of Hero in the dark. I read the FAQ and it really made me interested.

There is one thing that wasn't there and I wanna suggest you guys.

Add to the FAQ page "Is this mod going to be compatible with Don't Starve Together?"

I wonder how many people asked the same thing and couldn't get an answer.

Hello guys!

I loved the screenshots of Hero in the dark. I read the FAQ and it really made me interested.

There is one thing that wasn't there and I wanna suggest you guys.

Add to the FAQ page "Is this mod going to be compatible with Don't Starve Together?"

I wonder how many people asked the same thing and couldn't get an answer.

You're right, the topic should be covered in FAQ. But until we get around to update it, the answer is no, and likely won't be in the foreseeable future. It's not beyond the realms of possibility, but (as far as I'm concerned) it depends on Klei changing stance about dropping support for DRM-Free platforms, which I deem highly unlikely, judging by their current attitude.

I'm sorry if some may find it disappointing, but when it comes to free 'work', I tend to support what I believe in - or stop the support when my trust is betrayed, as it may be.

Of course, the HITD code is GPL unless explicitly stated otherwise (another thing missing from the FAQ), so anyone is free to try to make a DST-compatible fork at their discretion.

I think this mod is fantastic - I love the leveling up and the dungeon mechanic. I have a few suggestions just to help gameplay.

I read through this forum and this was mentioned almost a year ago, but since this is an RPG style expansion, it would be so great to actually see the ingame stats of weapons and armor. How much damage does grass suit do vs marble suit, for example. And loot - is a pot hat better than football helmet? 

The alchemy table is such a great idea, but without the wiki, it is meaningless. I had no idea what to do with it, how to craft anything - I had to look it up in the wiki just to know what it could make and do. Since the potions are so complex, there is no way one could just guess and check a bunch of different things. It's not a tab, it's more like a crockpot, but then where does one find the "recipes"? I found blueprints around for things like "blue gem" and a certain staff (cant remember which one), but after I read them, they were nowhere to be found in the crafting tabs, even when I stood next to a crafting machine. 

On the topic of the alchemy table, it's very hard to tell visually when it's completed making a potion or item, and there shouldnt be a right click to "mix" button if its empty, because it still tries to "make" something, which takes at least a minute, and then nothing comes out. 

I've been playing for about two hours with the monk. Similar to my suggestion above, the monk is very unintuitive without looking up exactly what he does in the wiki. I'm on level three, and nothing seems to have... happened. When I played with the druid before, when I leveled up to level 2, I immediately saw I had a spellbook and could cast spells. Nothing apparent happened to the monk. 

The Ki system is also cool, but similar to the alchemy table, totally lost without some form of ingame explanation. I've been depending on the (quite incomplete) wiki more than I'd like - a lot of this stuff should be ingame, especially RPG style.

While playing with the monk, sometimes at the top of my screen under the XP bar, I will see just a 0, or sometimes it will say 0/10 (then when I leveled it said 0/20), but it switches back and forth from just 0 to 0/#.  When I looked this up and the wiki and read about the ki, I crafted a kamas, took off all my armor, and killed a rabbit - my ki then said 1/20 for about 2 seconds, and then dropped back to 0/20. I'm not sure why this is. 

Honestly these are just the suggestions - I played this mod for HOURS and it is tons of fun. I love how much you guys are expanding the game - and I need to still spend way more time in the dungeons! I might give up on the monk for now and switch back to the druid because I'm having a hard time figuring him out without further explanation.

Seriously, this is the best Don't Starve mod yet, keep it coming! :D

I think this mod is fantastic - I love the leveling up and the dungeon mechanic. I have a few suggestions just to help gameplay.

I read through this forum and this was mentioned almost a year ago, but since this is an RPG style expansion, it would be so great to actually see the ingame stats of weapons and armor. How much damage does grass suit do vs marble suit, for example. And loot - is a pot hat better than football helmet? 

The alchemy table is such a great idea, but without the wiki, it is meaningless. I had no idea what to do with it, how to craft anything - I had to look it up in the wiki just to know what it could make and do. Since the potions are so complex, there is no way one could just guess and check a bunch of different things. It's not a tab, it's more like a crockpot, but then where does one find the "recipes"? I found blueprints around for things like "blue gem" and a certain staff (cant remember which one), but after I read them, they were nowhere to be found in the crafting tabs, even when I stood next to a crafting machine. 

On the topic of the alchemy table, it's very hard to tell visually when it's completed making a potion or item, and there shouldnt be a right click to "mix" button if its empty, because it still tries to "make" something, which takes at least a minute, and then nothing comes out. 

I've been playing for about two hours with the monk. Similar to my suggestion above, the monk is very unintuitive without looking up exactly what he does in the wiki. I'm on level three, and nothing seems to have... happened. When I played with the druid before, when I leveled up to level 2, I immediately saw I had a spellbook and could cast spells. Nothing apparent happened to the monk. 

The Ki system is also cool, but similar to the alchemy table, totally lost without some form of ingame explanation. I've been depending on the (quite incomplete) wiki more than I'd like - a lot of this stuff should be ingame, especially RPG style.

While playing with the monk, sometimes at the top of my screen under the XP bar, I will see just a 0, or sometimes it will say 0/10 (then when I leveled it said 0/20), but it switches back and forth from just 0 to 0/#.  When I looked this up and the wiki and read about the ki, I crafted a kamas, took off all my armor, and killed a rabbit - my ki then said 1/20 for about 2 seconds, and then dropped back to 0/20. I'm not sure why this is. 

Honestly these are just the suggestions - I played this mod for HOURS and it is tons of fun. I love how much you guys are expanding the game - and I need to still spend way more time in the dungeons! I might give up on the monk for now and switch back to the druid because I'm having a hard time figuring him out without further explanation.

Seriously, this is the best Don't Starve mod yet, keep it coming! :grin:

Glad you're enjoying the mod :D I will address some of your suggestions,

1. I will not put stats in game, we already have damage indicators within the mod, that gives the player the ability to figure out on their own which items are better. 

2. Some of the blueprints your are finding are a bug, it is fixed on our current dev version. As for the way recipes are made, I wanted to give the player the option to figure out recipes by themselves but also within the mod there are recipes that are sold and a book to contain them, if you can find it.

3. The monk can only gain ki when he wearing monk approved clothing, (robes, silks) and only using monk weapons (kamas , staff), I've thought about adding the ki buffs as buff icons, but in all honesty the UI is already cluttered enough. 

a long time ago i use addon "useful flooring".Extreamly useful addon. 

My suggestion. What if each character, after reaching a certain level, will be able to create his own floor, in his style. And the floor will be bonuses for the character. For example desecrated floor for Shadow Knight.Desecrated floor is a dead place where Dead Knight restore sanity.This decision will lead to the base of each character will acquire a certain type of surroundings.It does not necessarily have to be that floor.

it may be any object environment. (very expensive in construction)

Magic ball  for wizard . reduces the ingridient cost by another 25%.

The big tree of the Druid in which it will recover more than a tent, but does not require as much hunger.

Large glowing crystal for cleric.

Special croc pot were the Barbarian  can roast meat ball without the need to put vegetables.

Anvil were paladin can repair all types of armor,weapons for free once in a while.

Not freezing Pond for monk.

Useful Flooring Useful Flooring

a long time ago i use addon "useful flooring".Extreamly useful addon. 

My suggestion. What if each character, after reaching a certain level, will be able to create his own floor, in his style. And the floor will be bonuses for the character. For example desecrated floor for Shadow Knight.Desecrated floor is a dead place where Dead Knight restore sanity.This decision will lead to the base of each character will acquire a certain type of surroundings.It does not necessarily have to be that floor.

it may be any object environment. (very expensive in construction)

Magic ball  for wizard . reduces the ingridient cost by another 25%.

The big tree of the Druid in which it will recover more than a tent, but does not require as much hunger.

Large glowing crystal for cleric.

Special croc pot were the Barbarian  can roast meat ball without the need to put vegetables.

Anvil were paladin can repair all types of armor,weapons for free once in a while.

Not freezing Pond for monk.

Useful Flooring Useful Flooring

You never needed vegetables to do meatballs ._.

are you going to make this mod available for don't starve together as well?

Considering how DST doesn't even have caves or alike yet, that's a near-impossible task. It's also hard to rework that much content so everything works in the networking.

I'm predicting: "Not anytime soon." or "We want to make the best singleplayer experience we can."

• Like 1

Considering how DST doesn't even have caves or alike yet, that's a near-impossible task. It's also hard to rework that much content so everything works in the networking.

I'm predicting: "Not anytime soon." or "We want to make the best singleplayer experience we can."

Yeah, I'll go with 'not anytime soon' :p

just a small suggestion, I think you should enable Forge to repair equipment. 

e.g. use an old copper armor + some copper bar (or something else) to make a new (and shiny) copper armor. Is more balanced than the spell "Mending" and easy to code:

local forge_recipes={

{

match={product={"fa_copperarmor"},cooktime=72},

test={

{ingred="fa_copperarmor",count=1},

{ingred="fa_copperbar",count=1},

},

}

just a small suggestion, I think you should enable Forge to repair equipment. 

e.g. use an old copper armor + some copper bar (or something else) to make a new (and shiny) copper armor. Is more balanced than the spell "Mending" and easy to code:

local forge_recipes={

{

match={product={"fa_copperarmor"},cooktime=72},

test={

{ingred="fa_copperarmor",count=1},

{ingred="fa_copperbar",count=1},

},

}

we have something planned for regen of items ;)

hero in the dark with up and away

this crossover of two mods the size of dlc 

sky land underground sea

shipwrecked too

talk to the people of up and away for hidden gameplay

dragons of the sky 

all characters level up like don't starve rog shipwrecked up and away hero in the dark

plus add combattablity with this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=397359892&searchtext=shadow