Suggestions

oh...there will be fire gobs...wasn't knowing.

I was more thinking of a "unfreezing" potion...

erhaps fire gob will do an "unburning" potion?

edit: cause their hide is made to protect them so it should do the opposite :

ice goblin survive in icy lands so it have "frost resist" hide(not warm).

Edited by orian34

Hum, can i suggest something? About the weaponupgrade_poison(why that name? it's healing salve!)...

It only restore 20 health but needs 4 spider gland...that restore 8 each...so actually crafting it makes lose : 4 poison spider gland, 1 twig(oww , pain!) and 12 Health....Very good deal(i don't event took the healing salve health)!!!

another one : make the lava wall deal some damage to attackers(but add lava walls to orc fortress. for example)

There will be fortress specific walls.

Lava walls do give off a slight amount of heat already, I might make them do a small amount of fire damage to an attacker as well. 

well...i think we NEED something for the spells...i mean, we have colors for the schools but...i really think a symbol could be great...like one symbol per school...

Where would u like to slap those on :) ?? scrolls or just for the wiki?

http://chaosweb.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/chart.gif i found this, the tiny red ones seem to be the mini-icons for schools :D

• Like 1

Great idea for a mod! Just a couple of observations and suggestions regarding the wizard:

The wizard is extremely weak and difficult to play, within maybe 4 or 5 game days I used up his magic missle staff and now he has no way to kill anything. I think I was able to kill like 6 creatures before the staff was used up. All I can do with him now is gather grass and twigs and berries and such, fighting creatures is out of the question. I tried using spear and log armor and the nerf to damage and speed was so great it made it not worth it, and too risky. Of the starting scrolls and 2 scrolls I have found, NONE of them are offensive. So he was stuck with no weapon by like day 5, and I only killed like 6 creatures with his staff. One little observation: it seems as if armor nerfs his speed by more than the stated 30%. You may want to check the code, I think you flipped it around and made his run speed with armor 30% rather than reduce it by 30% (which should give him final run speed of 70%. He moves WAY slower than 70% run speed with armor on. He is on day 21 and at level 3.

In contrast my paladin is level 6 by day 21 or so, and has found 3 enchanted weapons and 1 enchanted armor, and can now almost full heal every 16 mins, his game is so easy compared to wizard. Why such a difference? His sword has infinite durability and instead of being only able to kill 6 enemies before his sword breaks, he has killed maybe 50 enemies and still has a weapon, (actually 4 weapons, original + 3 enchanted hes found). Not only that but his starting infinite use weapon does double the damage of the magic missle staff which only has 100 uses (and it takes 80 uses to kill 4 goblins for example).

So my suggestion is not that the paladin needs nerfing, but that the wizard needs to be made a little stronger in the start. In my current wizard game he is stuck with NO offensive capabilities and no forseeable way to get them back since he can't kill anything to get drops. The few scrolls he does have are not offensive and the ingredients are not all easy to get.

Main suggestions:

1. Make wizard starter magic missle staff infinite uses (best) or at least MUCH more than 100 (like 1000), OR increase damage, or both more uses and more damage. If you give the staff infinite uses, it makes sense to keep the damage low. But if you are going to only give it a relatively small amount of uses, it should do way more damage. In most rpgs a level 1 wizard magic missle will kill most low level enemies with one hit or two. In your mod it takes 40 magic missles to kill a goblin. Remember the entire concept of a wizard is a "glass cannon". I.e. huge damage but easily killed. In your mod the wizard seems like a glass pea-shooter. I'd say even if you nerfed his health from 125 to 85, but gave his damage a HUGE boost, that would be perfectly in line with the traditional wizard.

2. Start wizard with magic missle recipe learned already.

3. Another idea, which may be hard to script, but if you could it would be perfect: make staves regenerate their charges over time, i.e. like mana regenerating. If you went this route it should not take too long for a staff to recharge, maybe a game day or two. That would probably balance it a bit better rather than an infinite missle weapon that you can spam at range, you can kill a few creatures each day and then have to wait 48h for the staff to recharge or whatever. Or every 6 game hours enough charges regen to kill another 1 goblin or whatever.

4. As I mentioned earlier, it seems that armor nerfs his speed by 70% not 30%, thus coupled with the severe weapon damage nerf, it's almost suicide to use armor & a melee weapon because you have to hit a weak creature double the normal amount of hits and you have to tank every single hit, and since armor only absorbs a much smaller percentage of damage, this is an impractical tactic for the wizard, and yet he is forced to use this tactic by day 6 because his magic missle is quickly used up. But most games compensate for the wizards inability to use physical armor by:

a) Giving the wizard a free level 1 mage armor spell which functions much like physical armor (sometimes better).

b) Giving the wizard much more powerful protective spells as he levels, eventually surpassing the strength of physical armors.

So my second main suggestion for wizard is, if it were possible to code without too much difficulty, he should start out with some type of "mage armor" spell as well.

For the starter wizard spells I think they should either be infinite in uses or with the spell already learned and easy to obtain the regeants, i.e. for magic missle 1 x sticks, 1x nightmare fuel, for mage armor 1x rocks, 1x nightmare fuel. Just as an example.

Anyways, I'm sure i'll think of a few more as I play more. Enjoying the mod, despite the very hard start with the wizard, thanks for your mod!

• Like 1

Great idea for a mod! Just a couple of observations and suggestions regarding the wizard:

The wizard is extremely weak and difficult to play, within maybe 4 or 5 game days I used up his magic missle staff and now he has no way to kill anything. I think I was able to kill like 6 creatures before the staff was used up. All I can do with him now is gather grass and twigs and berries and such, fighting creatures is out of the question. I tried using spear and log armor and the nerf to damage and speed was so great it made it not worth it, and too risky. Of the starting scrolls and 2 scrolls I have found, NONE of them are offensive. So he was stuck with no weapon by like day 5, and I only killed like 6 creatures with his staff. One little observation: it seems as if armor nerfs his speed by more than the stated 30%. You may want to check the code, I think you flipped it around and made his run speed with armor 30% rather than reduce it by 30% (which should give him final run speed of 70%. He moves WAY slower than 70% run speed with armor on. He is on day 21 and at level 3.

In contrast my paladin is level 6 by day 21 or so, and has found 3 enchanted weapons and 1 enchanted armor, and can now almost full heal every 16 mins, his game is so easy compared to wizard. Why such a difference? His sword has infinite durability and instead of being only able to kill 6 enemies before his sword breaks, he has killed maybe 50 enemies and still has a weapon, (actually 4 weapons, original + 3 enchanted hes found). Not only that but his starting infinite use weapon does double the damage of the magic missle staff which only has 100 uses (and it takes 80 uses to kill 4 goblins for example).

So my suggestion is not that the paladin needs nerfing, but that the wizard needs to be made a little stronger in the start. In my current wizard game he is stuck with NO offensive capabilities and no forseeable way to get them back since he can't kill anything to get drops. The few scrolls he does have are not offensive and the ingredients are not all easy to get.

Main suggestions:

1. Make wizard starter magic missle staff infinite uses (best) or at least MUCH more than 100 (like 1000), OR increase damage, or both more uses and more damage. If you give the staff infinite uses, it makes sense to keep the damage low. But if you are going to only give it a relatively small amount of uses, it should do way more damage. In most rpgs a level 1 wizard magic missle will kill most low level enemies with one hit or two. In your mod it takes 40 magic missles to kill a goblin. Remember the entire concept of a wizard is a "glass cannon". I.e. huge damage but easily killed. In your mod the wizard seems like a glass pea-shooter. I'd say even if you nerfed his health from 125 to 85, but gave his damage a HUGE boost, that would be perfectly in line with the traditional wizard.

3. Another idea, which may be hard to script, but if you could it would be perfect: make staves regenerate their charges over time, i.e. like mana regenerating. If you went this route it should not take too long for a staff to recharge, maybe a game day or two. That would probably balance it a bit better rather than an infinite missle weapon that you can spam at range, you can kill a few creatures each day and then have to wait 48h for the staff to recharge or whatever. Or every 6 game hours enough charges regen to kill another 1 goblin or whatever.

4. As I mentioned earlier, it seems that armor nerfs his speed by 70% not 30%, thus coupled with the severe weapon damage nerf, it's almost suicide to use armor & a melee weapon because you have to hit a weak creature double the normal amount of hits and you have to tank every single hit, and since armor only absorbs a much smaller percentage of damage, this is an impractical tactic for the wizard, and yet he is forced to use this tactic by day 6 because his magic missle is quickly used up. But most games compensate for the wizards inability to use physical armor by:

a) Giving the wizard a free level 1 mage armor spell which functions much like physical armor (sometimes better).

b) Giving the wizard much more powerful protective spells as he levels, eventually surpassing the strength of physical armors.

So my second main suggestion for wizard is, if it were possible to code without too much difficulty, he should start out with some type of "mage armor" spell as well.

For the starter wizard spells I think they should either be infinite in uses or with the spell already learned and easy to obtain the regeants, i.e. for magic missle 1 x sticks, 1x nightmare fuel, for mage armor 1x rocks, 1x nightmare fuel. Just as an example.

Anyways, I'm sure i'll think of a few more as I play more. Enjoying the mod, despite the very hard start with the wizard, thanks for your mod!

Thanks for taking the time to give some suggestions :D

As you have noticed, the Wizard is very difficult to play during the early game, this is intended design due to the strength of the Wizard in the "end game".

Many of his spells (including magic missile) get stronger as the Wizard levels up. 

Because of the Wizards disadvantages it requires a very different type of gameplay compared with many other characters, even killing a spider is a little difficult in the beginning :p

I will give you a hint though, remember that crafting a prototype (first time crafting something) of anything gives the player 50xp ;)

On a side note though, I will be doing a spell pass "soon" now that we have almost wrapped up the Beta, so a lot of the ingredients to make spells will be changing and I will also be introducing new high level spells into the mod.

Main suggestions:

To answer my part : i wrote 30% cause you get to 30%, if it was a boost(or a nerf); it would have been -30% or +30%. No "+" or "-" = It becomes the value.

And another thing : the Wizard is a wisdom seeker. It's more mind than might! (Use more spells, traps or use some pigs to fight). And now, he can find knock(thanks Kraken :razz: ) to open chests without fighting monsters to get keys.

Edit : I said this as a "Wizard Only" player.

E-Edit : I mean, why having "Enlarge Humanoid" except for using hiredhands?(Don't talk about running!)

Edited by orian34

Underfloor Heating? pretty simple mod but I have no experience in modding. I would love it if someone could make this mod.

Recipe would be- 

1x (manmade)flooring

1x thermal stone

1x gears

(1x torch?)

provides a small amount of heat in winter and stops snow from sticking to the floor.

I think this would be a pretty neat mod. Hopefully one of you will be able to deliver. Thanks.

Underfloor Heating? pretty simple mod but I have no experience in modding. I would love it if someone could make this mod.

Recipe would be- 

1x (manmade)flooring

1x thermal stone

1x gears

(1x torch?)

provides a small amount of heat in winter and stops snow from sticking to the floor.

I think this would be a pretty neat mod. Hopefully one of you will be able to deliver. Thanks.

there is already a mod that does that, and i think you post it in the wrong section of the forums...at least if you'd said lava in it...

Have you considered adding a preset, similar to what Up and Away has? it would be nice, for experimentation purposes, if you could spawn in a world with everything you need to get started close by.

well, i don't want start close of the orc mine...even more with the wizard...

But perhaps adding a tweak(in the mods menu) that can give a special backpack(8 slots)with a random weapon, 2 pieces of armor, 2 usefull items/equipements and 3 ressources...

there is already a mod that does that, and i think you post it in the wrong section of the forums...at least if you'd said lava in it...

lava walls should be giving off a slight amount of heat, this is already within the public version of the mod.