Suggestions

i was thinking about electrical damage heals voalt goat and constructs.

Perhaps we need some water damage(dor the rain and damage constructs like wx) with spells like water bolt(that slow down a bit)

And the greatest suggestion i tell you is :

Make a mod(not a mod but an option when lauching the game) that don't allow you to craft more than the basics(grass armor, straw hat, fires, tools, shovel etc) and you can craft blueprints with rare ressources(like one type of blueprint for a tab of crafts : poop seeds honey and nightmare fuel to get one blueprint that allows you to craft one of the foods craft).

• Like 1

Volt goats are immune to elec now - I guess it would make sense to heal them instead. I'm not sure about constructs tho, there are many types that may react differently. Should existing ones (chess pieces) get healed by electricity (overcharge), have resistance to electricity, or not at all (electricity is frying their circuitry)?

Hard-mode prototyping hmm, yeah I think that would fit the mod's direction nicely. It would need planning for all the stuff tho, and then it would need some better interface control... I guess dynamic add/remove/replace of blueprint recipe with the actual one on 'learning' or something, or we'd end up with horrible ui overload. Something to think about for sure.

cause i love playing this mod with the other out dated but good enough mod "Rpg Mod" cause one of the class is the vagabond : his hands make a liitle more damage than spear, he can't craft(except  lvl 0 science and blueprints) and he have a specil craft to make torch/bed one use.

You take wizard + vagabond, make almost everythings int eh world settings to less or none, make tumbleweeds to more , start with the survival + preset(for the starting food and the essencials crafts) and you're ready to explore a lot less fully world but with the basics and every things of the HitD mod :grin:

edit : and the rpg mod adds villages with 2 blueprints each time so you can make an objective to learn all the recipes(cause being vagabond don't allow you to craft ever ruins things and the science/magic machines don't unlocks craft) by travelling trough worlds without dying and learning recipes each time(cause survival +  makes you learn the divining rod recipe at the start)

Edited by orian34

another thinking :beefalos and koalefant have a good resistance to frost dmg and winter koalefant heals with it. pigmens have bad resistance to magic, beefalo same to fire.

for the past week I have been working on mod balances, part of the balances are resists, so I think you will be happy with the next update ;)

another sugg: the wizard lvl 20 have a cap(like loh for  paladin) that up him fakelyto lvl 30 during 480 sec to increase spells.

the current cap special ability is temporary, I've been messing around with ideas of what I want for cap, and this is similar to one of them.

and another sugg(that i think is currently added), dresses for spellcasters. each dress have a color that upgrade the power of the school(by colors) when wearing it. 

Yeah, we have caster items planned, we just need the art for them, but they are low priority at the moment. There are other things I want to get in the mod first.

erh but why? we don't need unreadable things...except iff......OMG High level scrolls only readable with some "glass" to read old languages!!! blblblblblblbl :333333

Or just knowing that language. I figured it could be an extra barrier for things like trading or befriending allies/a way to "unlock" conditional telegraphing for certain types of creatures. Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Hm. Or per-character options? (As if a barb could understand ancient dwarven scriptures - spells unlockable just by learning the language, multi-step leveling or just miniquests)

Or simply identifying stuff for... whatever reason, that would make you have to run through multiple different zones to complete/upgrade an item. But that would only make sense on unbreakables, which is kinda against the game logic.

• Like 3

Hm. Or per-character options? (As if a barb could understand ancient dwarven scriptures - spells unlockable just by learning the language, multi-step leveling or just miniquests)

Or simply identifying stuff for... whatever reason, that would make you have to run through multiple different zones to complete/upgrade an item. But that would only make sense on unbreakables, which is kinda against the game logic.

Early in development I had thought about adding in a "Lore" skill checking system. But later decided to put the idea away for the time being. Think we discussed this a couple months back as well. 

For example, each character has a starting lore skill set at a different number, wizard would probably have the highest starting lore and the barb would probably have the lowest starting lore skill. Throughout the mod you could get your lore skill increased several different ways, by leveling, unlocking things, items that increase the lore skill, quests, etc etc

The lore skill would determine things like the ability to speak certain languages, read certain scrolls, read certain scrolls to scribe into your book (for the wizard), use certain type of magic items, etc etc

• Like 2

Lizards in marsh, among tentacles and merms, make more sense to me than in rocky zones tbh.

i think we need lizardmen camps in rockyland and badlands like goblins...and desert dongeon with LOT of traps( ;)kraken)!!!

and we need a spell that changes the cycle in the ruins!

I agree with this.

Perhaps they would be like pigmen, until you outrank them by a certain amount, at which point they use all means available of shutting you out.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy